normiss

Girl Scout cookies!

Oh, they're in now? This is really bad news for my ass! :(

I should get smart and order the ones I don't like!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh, they're in now? This is really bad news for my ass! :(

I should get smart and order the ones I don't like!

The good news (for your ass) is there are less per box.

The bad news is they cost the same.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I think I have 12 boxes of goodness coming my way. Should be here in a few weeks. I ordered that many in anticipation of being able to eat whatever i fuggin want by then, or at least close to it.

What better way to add calories then with a little wholesome goodness!!!

mMMMMMMM samoas!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I never buy then. I refuse to spend $3 to get 12 freakin cookies. Ripoff!! Plus i think the creme mint oreos taste just like GS thinmints.

The money goes to a great organization.
Teaches the kids how to work as well. :)
That's not a lot of money. Go check out the cookie aisle at the grocery store.

I don't eat cookies, but I will purchase them to support the group and give them away.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The money goes to a great organization.
Teaches the kids how to work as well.

Memories of begging friends and family to buy fruit cakes or versitron candles (for the cause) still haunt me from my childhood. No wonder I don't like asking for donations for any fund raisers still. :|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

can't get away from them here...WalMart, Publix grocery stores...they always have tables out front with plenty of cookies!
B|

Lazy kids these days. I remember having to actually go door to door to sell them. Nobody ever took them to work and guilt tripped their coworkers into the buying them either. >:(:SB|

Yes, I have issues from my childhood. :ph34r:
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Lazy kids these days. I remember having to actually go door to door to sell them. Nobody ever took them to work and guilt tripped their coworkers into the buying them either.

I was a Girl Scout Leader for a few years. You're mistaken that the kids are lazy. They love selling the cookies, especially in front of the grocery stores. It's the parents who don't want the kids going door-to-door because the boogie-man is around every corner.

As for the people who think the cookies are too expensive, you're missing the point. Most of the proceeds go to the production and distribution of the cookies, each troop gets a very small percentage of each box that is sold. The troops use the money for field trips, crafts and camp. I was the Leader of a troup where about half of the kids were minorities. For some of the girls, this was the only after school activity they could participate in because it didn't cost the families very much. We survived on fundraising, and that meant selling cookies.

So, thanks to all of you who buy the cookies, your money really is well spent. :)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Most of the proceeds go to the production and distribution of the cookies, each troop gets a very small percentage of each box that is sold.

If only a small percentage goes to the troop. Thats even more reason to not buy them.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Most of the proceeds go to the production and distribution of the cookies, each troop gets a very small percentage of each box that is sold.

If only a small percentage goes to the troop. Thats even more reason to not buy them.

Every penny counts. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Give it up girl. I consider it a ripoff and will continue to donate to organizations i actually believe in.

It's not surprising that you don't encourage donating to children's organizations, but don't bring your negativity to this thread, it has nothing to do with why this thread was created.

I just hate when I see only parents outside of a place and no kids anywhere in site.

It makes me think they are just adults trying to scam...

But yeah it's to bad kids can't go door to door anymore. I used to make a killing selling my moms X-mas "ordaments" :D misspelled on purpose. that's how I said it when I was a kid... stupid is stupid does. :D

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.