billeisele

Back in the Good Ole Days---

Only the one behind me in the yellow; Bill Lee. He's still around, still jumping sometimes, and doing a lot of rigging; lives close by. I bought that jumpsuit from him a year or so after this picture was probably taken.

He said he got it from a friend who'd opened way low on a night jump, and broken both legs. Figured if the jumpsuit had bounced once, there was no way it was going to bounce again :ph34r:

Since I was irregular, I didn't get to be friends with a lot of folks early on. I know the names of one or two others, but have no idea what they're up to now.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

only had one reserve ride due to the "floating dildo" - 24' round - with that rig - thanks Wally

SST - struggle, struggle, thump not a good ides to spend much time trying to find the floating dildo

Hey!!! I have seen that rig, floating dildo and reserve in action!!!

Your welcome!

:D:D:D:D:):):)

Combat RW at it's best!!!!

:P:P:P:P

Danny Smith used to fly ours down to Hilton Head for vacation during the week. The FBO would get pissed having that "peice of junk" on his ramp next to the nice jets.

At least we were nice enough to hang 5-gallon buckets under the engines to catch the oil. The "real" pilots thought it was great.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Well, I'm definitely old enough to have old pictures, so I'll play too!

'Oldest' was at Lavon Airport (outside of Dallas TX), where I trained under Jerry Rouillard in 1978.

'Next_oldest' was in Denton, Hartley field I think, in about 1980 after Rouillard moved the DZ there.

'Last' was at Decatur, home of the Metroplex Parachute Club. I met efs4ever there, probably right before I quit, about 1983... That was a 'live' student in the middle, back when AFF was so new you could legally jump as long as one of the instructors was rated. Which was good, because I wasn't! :P

edited to add that the last picture, I'm pretty sure, is courtesy of efs4ever!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

bwilling, my mind is probably hazy.......... yes, I'm sure of it but i digress. About the timeline of Rouillards DZs, I'm sure he moved from Hartlee Field to Lavon North around 1986 then moved to California after he left Lavon in about 1989. Did he operate at Lavon North before Hartlee then move back?

3rd Picture, is that Bobby Potter between Bobby Coker and yourself? :o:)

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

He definitely operated at Lavon before moving to Hartlee, because I made my first jump at Lavon, and was working for him by the time he moved to Hartlee. I don't know about anything after that, because I quit in 1983, and was totally out of the skydiving loop from then on... I didn't know he went back to Lavon!

I don't have any idea who the student with BC and I was, I just remember being glad we didn't kill him. Thank God for youthful exuberance, I'm sure I wasn't really all that qualified to me an AFF instructor back then!

You know I just missed seeing you at Caddo a couple of years ago... efs4ever was out there, and I did see him, but was just a few minutes behind you leaving when I got there. Damn it! >:(

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

He definitely operated at Lavon before moving to Hartlee, because I made my first jump at Lavon, and was working for him by the time he moved to Hartlee. I don't know about anything after that, because I quit in 1983, and was totally out of the skydiving loop from then on... I didn't know he went back to Lavon!

I don't have any idea who the student with BC and I was, I just remember being glad we didn't kill him. Thank God for youthful exuberance, I'm sure I wasn't really all that qualified to me an AFF instructor back then!

You know I just missed seeing you at Caddo a couple of years ago... efs4ever was out there, and I did see him, but was just a few minutes behind you leaving when I got there. Damn it! >:(

Damn Brice, would've been great to see you, maybe if it hadn't been 500 degrees in the shade that day we might have stayed around longer. :D

I never knew Rouillard was at Lavon before Hartley.......shocking, just........well, just shocking.:o

BTW, Rouillard's brother in law, Brian Stafford, stopped by the farm and spent a couple of days with us back in December. Brian doesn't jump any longer but now he's buying a new Road King.:o Mid life crisis type thing I guess.:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

About '77........West Point Virginia....

Me back then.jpg

58' 172 with the door pulled off and no step. NICE! B|

The stripe was sky blue...I loved riding in that plane...
I used to curl up in what would have been the copilots foot well, right next to the door. All the skydivers used to wave at me as they exited...Those were great times....
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

My CSPA A Lic from March 75 (A693) and landing at Coldwater Ontario around 76 or 77 on a Strato Cloud

those Strato Clouds were bullet proof

I picked one up cheap and looks to be in good condition. Soon should have a big enough container for the cloud to have a home. That sucker packs big.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I picked one up cheap and looks to be in good condition. Soon should have a big enough container for the cloud to have a home. That sucker packs big.

Ahhh, is that what's going to be living in my old container one of these days? Shoud be sometime in May, by the way.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490