AggieDave

RIP Paul Harvey

I'm probably the only person under the age of 50 that really enjoyed Paul Harvey, but he just passed away and I'm going to miss him. Even though he hasn't really done his show in a while, I still listened.

And to Paul Harvey, good day!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm probably the only person under the age of 50 that really enjoyed Paul Harvey, but he just passed away and I'm going to miss him. Even though he hasn't really done his show in a while, I still listened.

Hell.. that was a daily staple in my grandfathers house..... shop.... car....boat.. It did not matter.. we listened to him every day.

RIP Paul..... now getting "TheRest of the Story"

You're not the only one under 50 that liked him. Where are we going to hear "The rest of the story" now?

No, you're not. I always enjoyed his take on the news, and the "twist" at the end of "The Rest of the Story" was always worth the wait. Even though it wasn't him doing it for a while, it was still good.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"Stand by for news!" and the news is, I am 40, and really enjoyed his show.

I am another under 50 that listened to him regularly. I can remember riding around with my dad in a service van listening to him everyday in the summer.:)

+1

Wasn't his son doing it for a while? If so, I recall they had very similar voices...

The story that sticks out most in my mind was the story of the boy everyone called "Cinderella" because he was very tiny, and he later proved them wrong as he became world-renowned body builder, movie star and now Governor Schwarzenegger.

And now you know, my best attempt at the rest of the story.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

When I was in my early 20's I worked at a factory in the mid-west that actually scheduled their lunch break so everyone could sit around and listen to 'The Rest of The Story'.

Became a habit that stuck with me for years...his brand of journalism is classic Americana, he will be missed.

"Good DAY!"

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

For several years at work we would get our coffee and settle down just in time to listen to "The Rest of the Story." Those were riveting, brilliant pieces of journalism. He was, and will likely remain, unequaled in his field.

I heard a quote from him on the radio today: "I never saw a monument erected to a pessimist. Every pessimist who ever lived has been buried in an unmarked grave. Tomorrow has always been better than today, and it aways will be."
Arrive Safely

John