guppie01

Dog needs a home - Please Help...

My heart is so broken - I wish I wasn't allergic to dogs, I'd take her in in a second. [:/]

We’ve found a stray female terrier wandering alone out at the port for the last week, she needs a home. Very gentle, seems a real lover. Looks in good shape, no collar, no i.d. We’ll need to call the shelter before too long if we can’t find her a nice home. She seems a great pet, that would be good with children or just a couple who want a bit more love in the house. Please if you know of anybody who would like to rescue a great looking dog, pm me. Please forward to anyone you think may like this beautiful girl.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Have you checked to see if she was chipped by chance?

Dunno... the boys at the port are watching over her. I sent an email inquiring - good looking out, I didn't even think of that!

Edited to add: We get alot of homeless people in this area, and I know a few have passed just recently (with the cold/wet weather). She may have belonged to one of them. But, she is in good shape, so it does look like someone was taking care of her.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

First off, get your boys to take her in to any vet's office. Most of them have chip scanners. Someone may be missing her.

Second, start calling rescues. This is the exact situation where they'll take an animal. Rescues don't generally like taking pets where someone already has a responsibility (someone is moving and wants to give up their cat...) but they will generally try to help out and find room for somebody like this little girl who has nobody, particularly if she's as sweet and adoptable as you say.

Got some more details... the boys had her sent to the local animal pound in Camarillo http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA417.html

Local housing has been notified and noone has come forward to claim her.

Her Pin # 1038
Dog ID B698
Ph: 805-388-4341

She will be kept there until next Wed then moved to another shelter if she is not claimed / adopted.

g
OMG, is she okay?

Normally I'd say if you "found" her then you know who the owner is......you;), however your medical circumstances being what they are, its very difficult if not impossible to return the dog to the owner if there are no tags, believe me, I know.

A white female Lab wandered on to the farm about six weeks ago, no tags on her collar but obviously she had had some training. All efforts to find her owner have failed so she's now ours and we call her Pearl. By ours I include our Beagle mix Toby and the Yellow Lab Corky who have accepted her and get along nicely.:D

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Is that a kill shelter?

When I open the site is says ALL of these animals are URGENT.

I am looking for a 2nd dog to keep my dog company.
I wouldnt be able to take her for at least another month if I felt I wanted her at all but that seems like a kill shelter by their URGENT notice
My photos

My Videos

Camarillo is a "high kill" shelter... that was NOT the place to take that dog!

Since they turned her in, they might be able to get her out again for free. It'll cost any of us at least $125 to go get her now that she's in there.

Personally, I cannot take another dog on permanently, but if JT wants her, I will find some way to keep her for a month, if someone can foot the bill for a vet exam to make sure she's healthy (I have a dog at home that I don't want to get sick) and for the plane fare for her to get to whereever he is. I just have no extra cash right now.

If JT doesn't want her, tell the boys to get her out, and we will start calling rescues and eventually we will find one that will have a place for her. If they leave her there, the shelter will kill her. It's puppy season, and she's sweet, but not too cute, so an adult dog in her position in a pound is probably going to die.

[:/][:/][:/]

we just took in another rescue from mexico....if i brought one more home, doc would kill me...we are up to 4.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

My heart is so broken - I wish I wasn't allergic to dogs, I'd take her in in a second. [:/]

So go ahead and adopt her, and shave her daily.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

[:/] Yeah unfortunately I had no idea where the sent her.... grrrr

Apparently there are 3 other people who are interested in her (from the port), so hopefully she'll be rescued this weekend. I'm thinking of going down there tomorrow. I'd be willing to rescue her just to make sure they don't put her down, and try to find a good home for her. Stooopid allergies anyway....

g
OMG, is she okay?

Is that a kill shelter?

I wouldnt be able to take her for at least another month if I felt I wanted her at all but that seems like a kill shelter by their URGENT notice

JT
I hate that this dog is in a high kill shelter, if you are serious about taking her I have 20$ to send you to help cover the cost of getting her out of there! Maybe we can get more contrabutions.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Is that a kill shelter?

JT
I hate that this dog is in a high kill shelter, if you are serious about taking her I have 20$ to send you to help cover the cost of getting her out of there! Maybe we can get more contrabutions.
Joe

Like I said... I'm in to help too!

g
OMG, is she okay?

We’ve found a stray female terrier wandering alone out at the port for the last week, she needs a home. Very gentle, seems a real lover. Looks in good shape, no collar, no i.d. We’ll need to call the shelter before too long if we can’t find her a nice home. She seems a great pet, that would be good with children or just a couple who want a bit more love in the house. Please if you know of anybody who would like to rescue a great looking dog, pm me. Please forward to anyone you think may like this beautiful girl.

g

If you send her here - I'll take her.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

g

Will you be nice to her, and treat her like a lady deserves to be treated???? Promise to cuddle/spoon with her, and take her for walks??? (the worksite is not a healthy environment for her!)

g
OMG, is she okay?

g

:)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

If you find a dog on the street, you take it to the local shelter as soon as you can. If the dog was owned, the owner will be looking at every shelter they can - I know from personal experience from both sides. Losing my dog and finding someone elses.

Even though Camarillo is a shitty shelter, you did the right thing. If the person who owned the dog wants it back, they will be looking. If they don't, hopefully someone else will adopt the dog. If it turns out that the dog is put down, it sucks, but what can you do.

I wish it were that easy.
I won't be home for 22days and even still I don;t know if she will get along with my dog.

Its an easy thing for me to say I'm interested but its not that easy to actually do something like that on short notice.[:/]
I'd say I have to pass if for no other reason then I won't be around for a month.

But with all the other factors I'm not sure she'd fit in here.
My dog is awesome and he likes people and other dogs but without a bit of history on this dog I would hope that someone else has a desire for this one.

Cali and Co are a long way apart. Hopefully one of the three will save her and maybe a few others.

My photos

My Videos

I have a friend (local here) who loves animals - owns her own pet sitting/kennel. She is going to go see her today.

xoxo
g
OMG, is she okay?

Wanted to give you all an update on her.

Today is the first day she is available for adoption, and we have 10 people on the wait list for her. Things are looking good for her.

I want to thank everyone who inquired! You all are the BEST!!!

xoxo
g
OMG, is she okay?

Please keep us updated. She is a twin to the male terrier Kreg and I have here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We'd adopt her and fly her here if no one adopts her! Please keep us posted...
"Weerd" Wayne Watkins
MS Media/Triad Broadcasting
105.9 GO-FM/1640-AM WTNI
Gulfport-Biloxi-Pascagoula, MS

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so much! You and Kreg are wonderful! I went to check on her yesterday, however silly me didn't pay attention to the operating hours. Will try again today to find out her status and let ya know.

I gave Kreg the details yesterday, keep a look out online too.

g
OMG, is she okay?