Radiance

Personal Pet Peeves

Not sure if it's a pet peeve.. But one thing about living in a place like London is that you keep making friends, and they keep going back to their home country :( Hope it's not because of me :$:S

But hey.. Can't really complain too much, because someday I'm going to go back to Canada!!!

After 4 years of living here, I've met a grand total of *1* person who was originally from London and still living here!!! Until a couple of weeks ago, I really believed that nobody *comes* from London - everyone just ends up here!!! :D:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Oh, and another one that really made me laugh.. Again, not *strictly* speaking a pet peeve, but funny..

My ex's sister called the internet provider to let them know she had no connection.. They told her to send an email to their customer care email.. And she's like.. But I *can't* send an email - *that's* the problem!! "Yeah, yeah.. Put the whole story down in your message.."

Sheesh!!!

Edit to correct spelling!! (Yes, I *am* a geek!)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Yeah, I think I've mentioned before calling my cable/internet provider because service was out and the repair guy failed to show-again! When the operator tried to sell me the phone bundling. I told him, but if you had my phone service, I wouldn't be able to call you to tell you that none of your services were working:S

Besides, if someone is already pissed-they aren't buying anything and attempting to sell them is making matters worse

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

rant / pet peeve....

If you transfer calls to a service that the office you work for is paying to answer the calls when the office staff are busy, they shouldn't keep calling you about the phones being transferred.

all is good now cause it is time to go home for the day...:D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Yeah, I think I've mentioned before calling my cable/internet provider because service was out and the repair guy failed to show-again! When the operator tried to sell me the phone bundling. I told him, but if you had my phone service, I wouldn't be able to call you to tell you that none of your services were working:S

Besides, if someone is already pissed-they aren't buying anything and attempting to sell them is making matters worse

I got so sick of dealing with Centurytel and their DSL service for many of those reasons and switched to a cable modem. My cable provider is family-owned with offices just 8 miles away in town. I usually drop off my monthly payments when I'm in town on other errands, saving a stamp. They do good work.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just found out that when you pay for a TV license over here, you have to get one for 1 year. And their policy on refunds if you cancel/move within this time is that basically you'll never see your money again. >:( There are limited exceptions, but I'm not one of them, apparently.

When I called to find out about getting a refund, the guy told me "don't bother". When I asked to speak to his manager, he said "I am the manager and you're not getting a refund". When I pointed out that I was paying for a service I wasn't going to use, he replied "you didn't pay for a service - you paid for a TV license". I think that pretty much summed it up!! D'oh. [:/]

So, pet peeve = poor customer service / no customer service!!

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I just found out that when you pay for a TV license over here,

You have to license your TV? Holy crap, that's going too far. See why we revolted 230+ years ago. :S

Not any different to paying for cable, really!! Except that you don't get refunds. Apparently :(
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Pet peeve: Automated phone systems that ask questions & accept voice responses. More often than not I'm looking for something that's NOT in the phone system, therefore I need to talk to a real person. If you've ever tried to stay with one of these systems until it ASKS if you want to talk to a real person, you know that can take half & hour or more. I've found that if I call a business & it has one of these systems in place there's only one way to deal with it: Turn into POPEYE! I start mumbling just loud enough to make some noise & curse whoever designed those phone systems & whoever decided to install the system in their phone system.

BTW, if you look around http://www.gethuman.com/ you'll see all sorts of short-cuts around all sorts of automated phone systems. I highly recommend you bookmark this page!!!
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

How about, automated phone systems that ask you to key in some 'relevant' information, so that the operator can assist you quicker...... then they ignore it and ask you for that data when/if the operator talks to you .... grrrrrrrrrr>:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

How about, automated phone systems that ask you to key in some 'relevant' information, so that the operator can assist you quicker...... then they ignore it and ask you for that data when/if the operator talks to you .... grrrrrrrrrr>:(

Or being told that you may (will be) charged a fee for actually speaking to a customer service representative instead of having to navigate their automated system. >:(

I HATE those dropdown menus when I have to enter the abbreviation for my state online. Why TF can't I just type WA and not have to scroll down through a menu?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

People that use the automatic handicap doors when they are physically able to open the doors!

I didn't know this practice irritated some people. I used to impress my kid when he was younger by magically commanding the doors to open. Now he realizes that I was just full of sh!t.:P

That's why we have quality BBC programsB|

This is no time to be sarcastic.>:(

:P:D

Actually many BBC programs are popular over here too. We have the option, too, of having free TV if you only want the broadcast channels, 2 through 20 something. It was only 5 years ago we broke down and got satellite. Before that our family had only the free broadcast channels.:o:S

Sometimes it was so bad we'd read books or go outside or something.[:/]

While on hold they keep thanking you for waiting.

Even worse when they interrupt the hold music just to tell you that so you think they might be picking up. >:(

My 2 cents on moving over and letting faster cars pass:

Let 'em. They'll sniff out the cops for you and get pulled instead of you. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Actually many BBC programs are popular over here too. We have the option, too, of having free TV if you only want the broadcast channels, 2 through 20 something. It was only 5 years ago we broke down and got satellite. Before that our family had only the free broadcast channels.:o:S

Sometimes it was so bad we'd read books or go outside or something.[:/]

Every time I see this stuff I like you and Valinda more and more. You guys ROCK. Your kids must be awesome!!
Always be kinder than you feel.