nigel99

Extra marital sex

On the basis that both partners are consenting (so I am explicitly not talking about cheating) what is wrong with partners having a fuck buddy? We don't all have equal sex drives and so why should one partner do without, we are also not good at everything in life so why not let people have freedom?

Rhetorical question - I am personally not interested although I would have no problem if my wife wanted to play.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

On the basis that both partners are consenting (so I am explicitly not talking about cheating) what is wrong with partners having a fuck buddy? We don't all have equal sex drives and so why should one partner do without, we are also not good at everything in life so why not let people have freedom?

Why be married if you want to have sex with other people?

Become a frequent shopper at the local adult toy store. I am sure you will find something there that will help you out. ;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

If you could some how get rid of the emotional aspect, then yeah it might work.

Then it wouldn't be marriage. An open relationship is one thing, but you shouldn't step in to marriage until you're A) Ready to commit to a monogamous relationship. or B) Willing to sneak around for cheap hookers and one night stands
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Become a frequent shopper at the local adult toy store. I am sure you will find something there that will help you out. ;)

Marriage is about a lot more than sex isn't it? I personally see marriage as a decision to share your life with someone that you love and care for deeply - not necessarily an obligation to have exactly the same tastes and desires in all aspects of life. Of course respect is a massive part of marriage and it is pointless one partner or the other being blackmailed into something they are not happy with. I have never been to a swingers get together - but one assumes that swingers are there by mutual consent - do you think they are wrong for getting married?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Rhetorical question - I am personally not interested although I would have no problem if my wife wanted to play.

So you are actually expecting EXTRA sex.... when so many married people don't even get a normal amount????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you could some how get rid of the emotional aspect, then yeah it might work.

Then it wouldn't be marriage. An open relationship is one thing, but you shouldn't step in to marriage until you're A) Ready to commit to a monogamous relationship. or B) Willing to sneak around for cheap hookers and one night stands

You see that is what I don't "get" - why should marriage be monogamous? In some male dominated cultures polygamy is allowed - in the west we are supposedly more enlightened and mature, shouldn't polygamy be allowed for both sexes rather than banned for all?

I find it interesting that peoples assumptions also tend to focus on stereotype men as the wanderers - I have heard somewhere that a rather large percentage of kids aren't actually those of the husband (even though he thinks he is:P)

I've seen people run open marriages. There always seemed to be jealousy rearing its ugly head sooner or later. Some of the marriages ended up failing.

I can easily imagine that happening - it is hard enough to have a healthy relationship with only 2 people involved. On the hand the only relationship that my father ever maintained and stayed deeply in love with his partner was an open relationship (unfortunately she passed away) so it can work for some.

Polyamory seems to be becoming more popular (or maybe polyamorous people simply tend to move to central Florida). That seems to range from a primary couple having an open relationship to several people who are connected by some combination of friendship and long-term, non-monogamous, committed relationships.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Polyamory seems to be becoming more popular (or maybe polyamorous people simply tend to move to central Florida). That seems to range from a primary couple having an open relationship to several people who are connected by some combination of friendship and long-term, non-monogamous, committed relationships.

I prefer polyandry myself....:ph34r:

I prefer polyandry myself....:ph34r:

If that is code for 'Chopping into my leg with a chainsaw' I would advise against it.

YES, I know what it really means...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I also thought you meant "extra" sex while married. :)
Seriously, having a fuck buddy or friend with benefits is great if you can handle it emotionally. However, if you're married and looking for a FB/FWB, personally, it isn't something I would approve of, even for someone else. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

Always be kinder than you feel.

Marriage is about a lot more than sex isn't it? I personally see marriage as a decision to share your life with someone that you love and care for deeply - not necessarily an obligation to have exactly the same tastes and desires in all aspects of life. Of course respect is a massive part of marriage and it is pointless one partner or the other being blackmailed into something they are not happy with. I have never been to a swingers get together - but one assumes that swingers are there by mutual consent - do you think they are wrong for getting married?

Everyone to their own opinions of marriage. I don't believe in marriage there for I will not get married. If I am in a relationship I will not be part of an open relationship at all. What is the point of a relationship if you are still screwing around (even with consent) with other people?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Ever see the picture of the fence running right through the middle of a tree? If the fence is in place when the tree is planted and the tree then grows around the fence, everything is fine and eventually the fence looks like it's running through the tree. OTOH, try to cut a big hole in a tree and run a fence through it and the tree will die or be seriously injured. Open marriages, IMO, are a lot like that.

I think that open marriages can work in situations where the ground rules were in place from the get-go. If a relationship is started and grows in an environment where the bond between the partners is completely separate of sex, then I think it can work.

But for the majority of us, our bond to our SO is expressed and (GASP) even dependent on our sexual contact and an understanding of exclusivity. To try and take such a relationship and turn it into an open marriage is akin to cutting a big damn hole in the tree to slide a fencepost through.

Elvisio "still learning about this marriage/tree thing" Rodriguez

Seriously, having a fuck buddy or friend with benefits is great if you can handle it emotionally. However, if you're married and looking for a FB/FWB, personally, it isn't something I would approve of, even for someone else. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

Does that entitle them to a good 'old fashioned' spanking from you?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Does that entitle them to a good 'old fashioned' spanking from you?

Who would need the spanking? My FB or the open marriage participants that I wouldn't approve of?? :o

BTW, as an addition to my original post on this topic: As long as it doesn't affect me, it's really none of my business. I just really don't want to know about it, I guess. And don't try to get me into any threesomes or whatever. :P

Who would need the spanking? My FB or the open marriage participants that I wouldn't approve of??

Oh, so NOW you have a FB...

The plot thickens...:D

Who would need the spanking? My hypothetical FB or the open marriage participants that I wouldn't approve of??

Oh, so NOW you have a FB...

The plot thickens...:D

Fixed it for you. :P No plot to thicken, no pot to stir. Just an error of omission. :D

And what do you care, anyway? :P

I've seen people run open marriages. There always seemed to be jealousy rearing its ugly head sooner or later. Some of the marriages ended up failing.

Lol! Yeah, 'cos most normal marriages do just fine:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?