LisaH

What happened to the good ol' days?

QUOTE "Four years ago we had some issues with silly string and beach balls," said Lukas.

Well, that would explane the overreaction. God knows we can't have any of that "silly string" and "beach ball" behaivior! Damn kids!

Ah yes... whatever happened to the good ol days.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I dunno... back in 1982, my class was told in no uncertain terms that the ceremony was not for or about us and if we did anything exuberant - including tossing our silly caps in the air before we reached a certain point on the walk out - we'd pay for it.

Still not sure how we'd have been made to pay when we already had the piece of paper, but in a town as small as the one we lived in, we weren't going to take any chances.

I dunno... back in 1982, my class was told in no uncertain terms that the ceremony was not for or about us and if we did anything exuberant - including tossing our silly caps in the air before we reached a certain point on the walk out - we'd pay for it.

Still not sure how we'd have been made to pay when we already had the piece of paper, but in a town as small as the one we lived in, we weren't going to take any chances.

Wow.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

back in 1982, my class was told in no uncertain terms that the ceremony was not for or about us and if we did anything exuberant - including tossing our silly caps in the air before we reached a certain point on the walk out - we'd pay for it.

I skipped my graduation. Me and a few buddies headed for the beach instead. We came back a week later, in bathing shorts, barefoot and sun-burned, and picked up our diplomas from the school office.

The good old days have been regulated out of existence.
You... will... comply...!

I skipped my graduation.

So did my best friend. I would have, too, but as the only child and only grandchild to actually graduate, my mother would have disowned me.

Happily, I think I've talked her out of me having to go through a college graduation ceremony. :D

:):o

my graduating class was like 612 or something, on our home football field directly across from the school ....but it took a long time for everyone to get situated and all. after about 2 times of the practice ceremony stuff and timeing of it all... we all knew how long it was going to take.
....and some of us errr were in pilot school durring our last year.. all at this point on to solo status, and check rides. .. one worked at a airport and had keys.. which was taken advantage of by the 3 good friends, usually all together.. a lot.. at night, buzzing local fantastic homes on lake tapps.. The local small airport is well lets say in range as a take off and land .. or touch and go type thing in a slightly adjusted.. pattern.... needless to say while everyone was marching into the area... it was buzzed, pretty darn low, but hey practice makes perfect right.. :P and lots of crazy happy fokes, except the ones choriographing the "ceremony" enjoyed the fun and made more fun party atmosphere. However, with a stratigic plan in place no one was late and no one knew exactly who it was... dumbasses didnt even report a tail number lol.

awhhh yes the good ol days, so many stories!! :P
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Yea... the school officials over reacted... I brought a beach ball to my graduation ('93)... what the heck it's not like it's going to hurt anyone...

and I don't remember anyone getting into trouble for the beach ball... people need to learn to lighten up a little...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Yea... the school officials over reacted... I brought a beach ball to my graduation ('93)... what the heck it's not like it's going to hurt anyone...

and I don't remember anyone getting into trouble for the beach ball... people need to learn to lighten up a little...

But the beach ball might promote fun and entertainment . . . we can't have that.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why is I picture school administrator as Cartman all grown up screaming "Do not question my AUTHORITI!!!":S

At My Graduation, We all had Bubbles. Just sat there Blowing Bubble through out parts of the ceremony. But the best prank we pulled was everyone of had a Golf Ball. Each person as they went on stage to receive the diploma Had the golf ball in the hand that we were to shake with the Principal (Basically handing him the golf ball.) So in front of the crown a couple thousand strong, He had almost 500 students each handing him a golf ball. The first dozen or so he tried putting in his pockets, Finally one of the teachers managed to find a Box and slide it up on stage.
We thought it was amusing.

Why is I picture school administrator as Cartman all grown up screaming "Do not question my AUTHORITI!!!":S

At My Graduation, We all had Bubbles. Just sat there Blowing Bubble through out parts of the ceremony. But the best prank we pulled was everyone of had a Golf Ball. Each person as they went on stage to receive the diploma Had the golf ball in the hand that we were to shake with the Principal (Basically handing him the golf ball.) So in front of the crown a couple thousand strong, He had almost 500 students each handing him a golf ball. The first dozen or so he tried putting in his pockets, Finally one of the teachers managed to find a Box and slide it up on stage.
We thought it was amusing.

Hmmm - and if they are new golf balls - say Srixon, or Top of the line Titelist, or Nike - they would run about 2.50 - 3.00 each . . . x 500 = 1250 - 1500 bucks . . . NICE take for the Principal.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This is a sad commentary on our society. >:([:/]:(

No dissent or variation from expected behavior will be tolerated. The next generation is growing up like good little sheep, ready to follow orders from above.

Or else they'll realize that the regimentation kills their spirit, and they'll become rebels, fighting for the right to be different.

Long live the rebels!