Melissa126

AFF Questions

If your home dropzone does anything like mine you wont really have to trust yourself on the important things. Like landing for example; that's something someone on the other end of a radio will do for you and if they're experienced they will probably talk you into a nice stand up landing and have you do some turns and stuff to build your confidence in the equipment.

If you don't trust yourself for the important things you may not want to be skydiving. What happens when your radio fails?

Quick question. Do all AFF jumps and/or jumps towards your A License need to happen at the same DZ?

Was thinking about doing a jump while on vacation later this year. I might still be in the middle of my AFF training or possibly just finished with AFF. Will there be any problems doing this assuming my log book is adequately filled out? Or do some DZs only count jumps that happened at their own DZ?

Great thanks for the quick response!

Its like he lives here...:D

so that makes y'all neighbors right???;)

Shit, I wish! He could supervise my packing!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Do I need to get my A License Progression Card and Proficiency Card filled out (initialed) as I go along in my training, or is this all typically done at the end?

I would suggest getting it filled out as you go. Then there isn't a problem with remembering which jump was what (and having to search through your logbook) or trying to figure out what is left.
There can also be an issue of trying to find the instructor who did each jump if you don't do the entire training program with just one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Fill it out. That way when you get to say coach jumps, you can quickly find the 2 remaining things you need to work on and get checked off. You can do this in 15 seconds while you're on a call opposed to having to flip through your logbook and figure things out.
Stay high pull low

This doesn't apply to you because you're in the USA, but I had to re-do part of my B license qualification because all the jumps were signed off at once, after I'd done them. The CCI in question wasn't happy with it, though he knew well I had done them all. And there I was, doing them again.

Just sayin'.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook is an excellent resource for answers to your asked and yet to be asked questions. You can get it from a library or your local dropzone.
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook

Yes. Make sure you have your log book.

How about you qualify your answer a little better.

"Maybe" is a much better answer. It depends on the dropzone. Call the one you might be thinking about going to. Depends what gear you are trained on, what gear they have, what the entries in your log book looke like, what proficiencies you have proven to instructors and also often the ability of the dropzone you are visiting to get in touch with someone at your home dropzone that knows you.

Till you have a license, no one has fact checked your "log book." I put that in quotes cause some people are dumb and try to do dumb things like change dates on an old log book to start jumping again w/o going through class. As an instructor we have to check into that stuff somewhat to be sure things are safe.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka