DJL

Lost 9-year-old hiker shreds rain jacket and panics under advice from "Man vs. Wild"

I knew it was a matter of time before we saw something like this. And I can't believe that all the news sources are saying that the show HELPED? him survive. Since the show (Suvivorman is also guilty of this) always shows the actor blazing across the wilderness the kid did exactly that. Along the way he admits that he was in a state of panic; he shredded his rain jacket as he hiked through the downpour, he lost his backpack, he followed a stream instead of staying put. I'm surprised he didn't follow some more of the jack-ass stunts and get himself killed.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705312010/Lost-boy-uses-TV-show-to-survive.html
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

All that matters is he survived, everything else is just Monday morning quarterbacking.

Actually, everyone was saying this on Friday...of last year. Do a search even on THIS site and you'll see long lists of how that show teaches all the wrong things. It was just a matter of time not just that something like this happened but that the bad advice could be directly linked to that show.

Do you blame computer games for violence too?

... and [c]RAP musik

BAN! BAN! BAN all of this shit, its the cancer growing in our society, its EVIL!!!!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

At least the kid didn't hide from his rescuers like some tend to do :S

Teach your kids to hug a tree (stay put) and make some noise when lost folks. Pretty much gaurantee they'll be found quick and within a mile of where they were last seen (unless there's foul play :().

Oh, and also teach them not to believe everything they see on T.V.

This concludes this public service announcement. :)

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Do you blame computer games for violence too?

If a kid says, "I choked the hooker because I thought it would make me stronger." then I'll at least wonder what the fuck is going on in that house. This is educational programming that presents itself as the "what to do" in survival situations. I'm not asking for Nanny TV, just that if someone says that they're an expert that they as least say what you're REALLY supposed to do. But, hugging a tree and blowing a whistle for 45 minutes doesn't make for good TV.

Wups, I see I didn't link any articles: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705312010/Lost-boy-uses-TV-show-to-survive.html

Yea, lets not forget rap making people go out and shoot from the hip wild west style. Yeeee Haww!

No, it's that sideways GAT shooting style that the kids are learning.

Yea, lets not forget rap making people go out and shoot from the hip wild west style. Yeeee Haww!

they'll suck at accuracy and can easily be taken out, so whats the problem!? :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

:D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I don't blame the TV.

I blame Mom:
"Grayson's mother, Kimberly Wynne, said her son had been hiking back to the family's camper with a cousin when he fell behind and strayed onto a different trail. When family members noticed Grayson was missing, they began a search"
If her son was out of sight and sound for so long that she didn't notice him missing until too late, then she's negligent. Keep track of your kids!

I dont blame the TV show, as it's entertainment and thats what it needs to be taken for.

However Bear is an absolute idiot. He wouldnt do half the stuff he does if he didnt have his crew with him or rescue chopper. Has anyone noticed this guy isnt capable of slowly decending? He runs/falls/hurdles down every hill and mountain he comes across. One episode he did it with a pilot chute trailing behind him! What an idiot!

(edit for poor typing skills)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

That was before the HomeBoy Nyte-Site system for glocks. I imagine drive by shootings will become much more accurate now. See attached
BASE 1384

That was before the HomeBoy Nyte-Site system for glocks. I imagine drive by shootings will become much more accurate now. See attached

That looks like the invention of a century. Not because of the added accuracy but because of the awesome hangup potential added by the sites. Since most home-boys stick the gats down their pants and aren't smart enough to draw without their fingers inside of the trigger guards...they'll probably shoot themselves in the dick and Darwin themselves.

You don't think that that is stereotyping?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun