virgin-burner

WEEKEND NUMBERS 4./5. JULY

:): 4 : 1 (at least!)

Clouds and rain made for a shity weekend to jump. Managed to get 2,750' hop n pop yesterday. My two offspring were with me at the dz and they both came up for an observer ride to watch me jump (I think they got shafted to only get to ride to 2,750'!)

Got to indulge in a yummy latte at Starbucks while waiting on weather. :ph34r:
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

:)

6 - FF
1 - H&P
1 - Demo on jump #300

:D for 1st demo. Was into my company's annual 4th of July party. We brought in 8 jumpers in two Cessnas. I jumped the US flag and the company logo and Chuck jumped a 40X60 US flag. All surrounded by a Stearman trailing smoke. We also had a Lifeflight chopper land for a static display. (I tried to get 4K outta them, believe me;))

Sometimes it's pretty cool to live in the Air Capital.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

:|: 10: 0

9 tandems, 1 (unpaid) video
I've got bruises everywhere!B|

One of my tandems was 215 lbs!:o
That's the heaviest student for me yet (I'm a 5'8", 155 lb woman). I did a double take when I saw the student, and then I checked the board again to make sure because I couldn't believe that I was taking this guy (mind you I only have ~30 tandems and I jump out of a Cessna 182). Haha!!
http://3ringnecklace.com/

:)
3 pretty good RW jumps, turned more ponts on 2 of them than on any jump prior to these. Fun times had by all. I love this sport :)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

0:5:0

The weather wastn't exactly the greatest for skydiving this weekend... but we still managed to get in 1 jump on Friday evening after running errands and doing important wedding stuff (like registering for gifts...) and then got 4 more in on Saturday before the weather finally moved in for the evening...

We probably could have gotten a few jumps in Sunday afternoon but we decided to go to the movies instead and went to see UP (in 3D) which was lots of fun although we didn't really like the ending (of sorts) much...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

One of my tandems was 215 lbs!
That's the heaviest student for me yet (I'm a 5'8", 155 lb woman). I did a double take when I saw the student, and then I checked the board again to make sure because I couldn't believe that I was taking this guy (mind you I only have ~30 tandems and I jump out of a Cessna 182). Haha!!

I smell a story:)
How'd the jump and especially the climbout go?

Edit: never mind:D
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

:P:4:0

3 tandems and one hop & pop after putting out an IAD student. Lots of alcohol and fun with explosives Saturday night. Overall a very fun weekend at the DZ, and I'm glad we were there even though we'd planned to take it off. B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

One of my tandems was 215 lbs!

I smell a story:)
How'd the jump and especially the climbout go?

Edit: never mind:D

Actually it was a different guy...
The jump went fine- he had a great time!
http://3ringnecklace.com/

0:11:BEER!

I don't usually owe beer after 18 years of jumping. :)
Beer owed for first hybrid jumps. We had some very talented freeflyers in for the boogie. Did a kick ass 8 way hybrid Friday and 12 way on Sat.

On both hybrids half of the freeflyers were HEAD DOWN attached in slots to the belly base, the others were hanging. Very cool, especially for my first hybrids.

:P:3:2

Dz was closed all day saturday, sunday was clouds until late afternoon and then it was get in line ;) Finally jumped my new gopro camera, that little guy is slick! Didn't even feel in on my helmet. Got a couple fun sitfly jumps and finally got a balloon jump monday night after many weather false start dates. It was SOOOOO worth the wait!! :)