grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

Detroit will have to rely on depth, experience,

Which almost always beat youth and inexperience. I think the Wings will advance past Chicago pretty easily.

And I hope the league reviews the officiating in the Wings-Ducks series. The two blown calls literally gave Game 5 to the Ducks, and the goalie interference call on Hudler could have given them Game 7 as well. Everything on the ice needs to be reviewable.

Don

You're more brave than I am! I've been avoiding saying that but, I'd probably jinx the Wings!:D

I haven't seen such lousy reffing in a long time. Not just toward the Wings but, the Ducks, too. They were calling stuff that should not have been called and stuff that should've been called, they didn't. I don't know where the NHL is getting their refs but, they need to take a closer look! I sure do hope, the officiating is better in the next round.
I didn't watch too much of the Eastern games... how were the refs for them?

edit to add: I'll take age and wisdom over youth and speed... any day!

Chuck

Pierre and Milbury are horrible. Doc Emrick is great and Eddie O is just so so.:P

I don't know why they don't hire a guy like Bob Miller of the LA Kings or the other good guys out there to make the telecast watchable. I miss Gary Thorne's calls also.

The Hawks were playing pretty well until the third. But I think the Wings have their number this year and it will go six.

I miss Gary Thorne's calls also.

Me too......I'd rather hear him call a hockey game than anyone else.

If the Wings tighten up their play in their own end, I don't think this series will go more than 5. The Hawks have a lot of young talent, but I don't think they play with enough discipline to win it.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I don't guess, I've ever heard him. I get the hockey channels every season so, I guess, I'm just going to have to tune-in to a Pens game!
Mickey Redmond played for the Wings and really adds a lot to the commentary.

(a player skating real fast, loses his footing and goes down on the ice) "Looks like he blew a tire!"

Chuck

I think, the best is Mickey Redmond! He's knowledgable and un-biased.

Mickey is great, not so sure he's un-biased though. ;)

He created a lot of chatter last Friday on Detroit's morning radio. Apparently at the end of game 7 (Ducks) when the officials were adding 3 some odd seconds to the clock he was overheard saying "What the sh*t is this?!?!" during the live broadcast on FS-D. :ph34r:

IMO, yesterday's game was alot closer than the final score would indicate. The "WAR of I-94" is going to be another good one!!!

aloha.

No kidding? Hee, hee... That sounds like mickey!

Yes, it was a lot closer! The Blackhawks played a darned good game and I look for more of that out of them. It's really a good match-up. Two Cup winning coaches, some 'young guns' and experienced players! That's the makings for a great series. Also, the Wings shouldn't get too tired traveling, this round.

Chuck

You got that right! Canes came sooo close to putting that game into over-time! This is going to be anyone's series. The way these two teams are palying... this is going to be a hard-fought series, for sure.
Game two tonight for the Western Conference!

Chuck

You bet! I'm watching both conference series because, there's some really good hockey being played in both. I think, the Pens just might have a slight edge over the Canes but, I don't think, anyone can count the Canes out just yet. It's going to be close, their whole series.

Chuck

yeah no kidding, it could go either way, both really evenly matched and both had a nice run at the end of the season to keep em in the playoff picture.
I was a big fan of seeing the staal brothers out for the opening faceoff, that was really cool!!!
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

I think, that goes for both conferences. When it reaches this level in the play-offs, it's anybodies guess! Just the way I like it!;)

edit to add: I think too, if, Detroit plays 'their' style of hockey, they should have no problem with Chicago. This series wasn't like the Anaheim series where it was more 'beat 'em down physically' style.

Chuck

I think that if the Canes played 60 minutes like they do the last 3-4 minutes they'd win the Cup for sure! Very dangerous team in the closing minutes...they never stop.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Wings pulled that one out! What a knuckle-biter! Looked like, the refs were just 'letting them play'. I saw a lot of possible calls on both sides that went un-noticed. I think, this is the best match-up I've seen. Pretty even on both sides, just going by shots on goal, face-offs won and etc.

Chuck

@%@&*%$^%&&^$(&^%$@#$@%^

>:(

That was one hell of a game last night....I am still pissed the wings got that goal, but damn that was some awesome hockey!

I have to give props though to Osgood for that matrix maneuver glove save...damn that was a nice save!

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Yes, it was! The Wings looked like their legs were made of lead, later in the game. I'm really glad they won!!! This is Ozzies time to shine. the play-offs bring-out the very best in him.
Toews did his part and tried to spark the Blackhawks but, it seems, that effort, didn't help. I've really been looking forward to this series. GO WINGS!!!

Chuck

I will give it to the wings for pulling it out in OT...

However you must admit the Hawks are giving them a run for their money.

I still think the hawks have it in them as long as they don't put their heads in their asses!

Damn good series!!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

oh yeah def, they were just letting them go, it was a great game, thought the hawks were gonna pull that one out, they are gonna give detroit a run in chicago
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10