Thanatos340

Dating.

So what should I pick you up in? My 89 Toyota Supra? My 82 Jeep Cherokee Chief? Or my 03 Yamaha? Oh and we're going to Taco Bell.

Chuckles, I can beat this- my 88 F150, or 81 toyota pickup, or my 89 Bronco, or my 80 sporster

HAYYYY, she said she was stuck in the 80's
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

Chuckles, I can beat this- my 88 F150, or 81 toyota pickup, or my 89 Bronco, or my 80 sporster

Shouldn't matter what you drive but you should give a hint of where your going. Any girl is going to be pissed if you pick her up and she's wearing killer heels and is having a great hair day and your planning on going go-cart racing. Or the other way around she's sporting a pony, wearing a breezy and flip flops and you were planning Spago.
~I knew exactly where it was, I just couldn't find it.~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/krstnparker/

cause I keep missing you at the dz.

And I am worried that your aim is getting better.:P:D

Seriously though, we should make a dinner date,

for those taking notes.. See, The great "Yo, Sweet Cheeks.. You Me Sushi" Line has worked yet again!!.:D:D:D
Dayum J, I think that's the line you tried on me... ;) LOL. I don't remember how much you spent and I usually don't even think of money ever.... with anyone- be it friendship or a date. I always bring enough money to cover myself but never have been asked to pay? What does that mean? I always offer to pay half but no one ever wants me too... maybe I just only go out with really classy gentlemen. :P

OK... some of these responses are funny (funny strange, not funny ha ha)

Seriously. Do some of you expect to pay $500 for a date!? That's .... wow.

There shouldn't be a monetary value set to getting to know someone. And there shouldn't be expectations for how "she's gonna cost" or "he's gonna spend on me" (or vice versa)

Seriously. Do some of you expect to pay $500 for a date!? That's .... wow.

There shouldn't be a monetary value set to getting to know someone. And there shouldn't be expectations for how "she's gonna cost" or "he's gonna spend on me" (or vice versa)

Yeah, any monetary expectations for a first date should just go right out the window.
Going beyond that - Best one I ever got was sitting in a bar, talking to this girl for a few minutes, and then she blurts out "So you gonna buy me a drink?"

...."Nope" and went on my way. At least she made it easy for me early on.

What is really funny is that I asked how much a First date/ Night out typically costs and even stipulated that I knew it doesn’t have to cost anything and generally creative dates are better anyway... Yet look at how many people took it otherwise.;)

A Girl gets asked out for a dinner date, She should at least expect a sit down restaurant or a creative substitute. Anything less shows a lack of respect in my opinion.

What is really funny is that I asked how much a First date/ Night out typically costs and even stipulated that I knew it doesn’t have to cost anything and generally creative dates are better anyway... Yet look at how many people took it otherwise.;)

A Girl gets asked out for a dinner date, She should at least expect a sit down restaurant or a creative substitute. Anything less shows a lack of respect in my opinion.

well... as a girl, I honestly haven't been asked out all that often (might have something to do with being married :)) but to answer the "what would I expect?"

the privilege of getting to know someone; a new friend, a colleague, a scary but amusing tale to tell.

I wouldnt spend that much probably. Since I dont make large sums of money I like to be creative with the dates I go on.
For example:
Ill take a lady to a drive in diner and have burgers and shakes. After that (since I think the whole movie thing is pretty cliche') Ill take her to Putt-Putt, or bowling, or even just a nice drive though the canyon up to the resivior near Ogden just for some quality "find out about each other" time. From very early on I was taught that if you need to impress a woman with money then thats probably not the woman you want to be with.

I would start to worry you were going to rape me, slice my head off, rape me again :D and then bury my body parts all across the county if I went on one of those kinds of dates. :D

Reminds me of a date in high school... :S

I was shy, quiet and naive as hell. She was new in town so after we ate at Friendly's I wanted to show her the nice view at the river. So drove the dark road to the park, I stopped the car and she made a weird scared sound. Opened the doors and we walked down to the docks. Showed her the view and took her home. I think I may have hugged her at the door. Realized later how much I prolly scared her and never asked her out again.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I just thought of the *obvious*! What about a couple of jump tickets on a sunset load, then hanging at the beer light festivities?

That way you're both doing something you love, then having *fun* talking about it later???
:)

How about jump together and just land off? :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

My expectations are to be treated with respect, and have fun! I don't care if we eat at Taco Bell.

Seriously..
A Guy asks you out. Takes you to Taco Bell.. And you are not thinking What a Loser??

Seriously I expected a more real answer from you.

Maybe he got her the whole value mean, not just a taco....

I just thought of the *obvious*! What about a couple of jump tickets on a sunset load, then hanging at the beer light festivities?

That way you're both doing something you love, then having *fun* talking about it later???

Thats assuming shes a skydiver. I think it would be cool to take a date to do a tandem. However, I could just be at the wrong dropzone, but I'd be afraid of somebody trying to snake my girl.

Thats assuming shes a skydiver. I think it would be cool to take a date to do a tandem. However, I could just be at the wrong dropzone, but I'd be afraid of somebody trying to snake my girl.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't go back from here and date a guy that isn't a skydiver. This is a common interest that I think needs to be shared!
Always be kinder than you feel.

That's cute. But then what? Pull the picnic basket out of your rig??

Ok this i reaaallly dont understand, NO ONE CAN SNAKE ANYONES GIRL, if she doent let them. If your girl can be "snaked away" then your better off without her. Just one mans opinion
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

The first date should cost little to nothing. This in my opinion is the most important time for first impressions, and trying to impress him or her with money, is not the way to go, at least for me it isnt. Materialism literally makes me sick to my stomach. I wanna know who "you are" not what "you have".;)

Materialism literally makes me sick to my stomach. I wanna know who "you are" not what "you have".;)

Bingo.

But the what "you have"......... I want to make sure a guy can't answer "kids" to that question. I hope I don't offend anyone, men or women, with the statement, but kids just aren't for me. :P

That's cute. But then what? Pull the picnic basket out of your rig??

No ... Pull a condom out of your pocket .. lol.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I want to make sure a guy can't answer "kids" to that question. I hope I don't offend anyone, men or women, with the statement, but kids just aren't for me.

I totally agree!! Back when I was dating - oh - about a hundred and fifty years ago, this became one of my first date questions or pre-date questions. I was shocked at the number of men who answered 'yes' to the question that were offended by my response. If a guy had kids then the date became some friends hanging out; there would be no second date. Most guys would get really pissed about it. I would explain that I didn't want to have any kids of my own, why would I want someone else's? I also wouldn't date a guy who didn't have kids but wanted them. I made that mistake for 5 years with a guy. It's not really something you can compromise on. He wants 4 you want none so you have two???

The answer to the original poster's question of how much you should spend on a first date is:

You shouldn't have to spend any more than half if the chick is cool but you should be prepared to pay for all of it.

(unless she asked you out in which case I think she should pay)
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.