skymama

Weekend numbers July 25/26

I actually went skydiving yesterday. :o

:):3:1 shoe lost :(

I decided to visit the riff-raff yesterday, so I went to Z-hills. :P I did a couple of fun jumps with flyhi, who made my shoe come off on a knee-dock exit on my first jump. I've probably done 500 jumps with that pair of shoes, I'm still in morning at my loss.

On the last jump, Normiss finally got free from hauling meat (what a machine!) and we did a nice freefly jump with Scarlett. I can still do a headdown exit-yippee! B|

Thanks to the Z-hills gang for the good food and conversation, I had a great day!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

0:3:0

I went to the DZ yesterday and after I had a "get your head out of your arse and stop being scared" talk with myself, I went up ... on my own rig/canopy (first time since the injury.) I did a couple of hop 'n pops and a full altitude jump at sunset (attempted 3-ways sitfly ... that went to shit in the door.)

All 3 were shitty landings ... I'm still having problems with this, more so than before getting injured (my mind is my worse enemy right now).

Today I woke up on the DZ to rain ... they started puting loads up around noon (not full altitude), but I just didn't "feel it". I hang around in my friend's camper watching movies with the furry friends.

O

Congrats on getting past the fear of going back to the sky after an injury. I've been there, I know what it's like. When are you signing up for a canopy class?

And yes, Normiss is great fun to jump with. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Congrats on getting past the fear of going back to the sky after an injury. I've been there, I know what it's like. When are you signing up for a canopy class?

And yes, Normiss is great fun to jump with. ;)

I'll be on the next one they have available; in the mean time, our lovely DZO is going to have an instructor work with me next weekend.

O

3:1:0
on friday i finished aff levels 5,6,7. got lucky and didnt have to do any repeats. my first solo exit was a little shitty but i got stable pretty fast. had to buy my case of beer which felt really great. i got embarrassed when we got down and warren announced that i just finished aff and everyone gave me a cheer. ended up doing sort of a coach jump on saturday morning. it was pretty much docking and tracking. it went well, but i had to leave early and get home by two for my niece's bday party. cant wait to get back in the clouds.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

0:6:0

Well, quite a weekend and during the summer my weekends start on Thursday! I started the weekend with a cutaway, got my reserve repacked the next day and got back in the air Saturday monring. I think the first jump after a cutaway is almost scarier than the cutaway.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

All 3 were shitty landings ... I'm still having problems with this, more so than before getting injured (my mind is my worse enemy right now).

i know how you feel about the landings. i dont have many jumps, but i consider any landing i walk away from a good landing. maybe thinking of it that way will help you clear you head a little.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Yep, it just didn't want to pull the pin. Best guess is that I was tucking the bridle too tight. I've got to say, a mal like that makes you realize how fast things happen. I was under my reserve by about 1500 feet, but I bet if it ever happens again, it wouyld be 500 feet higher.

POPS #10490

Yap, it just didn't want to pull the pin. Best guess is that I was tucking the bridle too tight. I've got to say, a mal like that makes you realize how fast things happen. I was under my reserve by about 1500 feet, but I bet if it ever happens again, it wouyld be 500 feet higher.

Can you please exp.? I cant think of a way to tuck the bridle to tight to cause a PCIT, unless the closing loop is way to tight.

Me 0;2;1

only did 2 FF jumps due to a minor injury in my right arm about a mounth ago. So slowly working back up to 6-8 jumps a day. Beer paid due to swooping in the beer line last week:S:D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

STILL not telling either way :P : 0 : 0

Stayed at the DZ Friday and Saturday night. I was psyched for a great weekend and the Karp Cup 4-way meet but when Saturday morning rolled around I totally wasn't feeling it, wasn't feeling 100%. I just hung out and took something like 600 pics. :o

This morning I left the DZ to visit my Dad at the rehab hospital intending to make it back to the DZ in a couple of hours. Never made it back, no worries though. Had a nice afternoon with my Dad and my brother. :)
Oh well... back to work tomorrow. :(

Always be kinder than you feel.

Yap, it just didn't want to pull the pin. Best guess is that I was tucking the bridle too tight. I've got to say, a mal like that makes you realize how fast things happen. I was under my reserve by about 1500 feet, but I bet if it ever happens again, it wouyld be 500 feet higher.

Can you please exp.? I cant think of a way to tuck the bridle to tight to cause a PCIT, unless the closing loop is way to tight.

Me 0;2;1

only did 2 FF jumps due to a minor injury in my right arm about a mounth ago. So slowly working back up to 6-8 jumps a day. Beer paid due to swooping in the beer line last week:S:D

From what I've been told, if you tuck the bridal above the pin too snugly it can make it difficult for the bridle to pull the pin. I know the bridle was cocked and must not have been misrouted because it started to open just as I dut it away

POPS #10490

On some containers if you tuck too much bridle up under the right side flap (between the pin and the pilot chute), it can snag on the top right corner of the bottom main closing flap. I had it happen (caused it to happen) a couple of times on my old Talon 2. Gave me an awesome pilot chute hesitation. (On my first balloon jump none the less.)

When I recreated it on the ground I could literally pull the PC out of the pouch and lift my rig off of the ground by the bridle without pulling the pin.

:P:5:0

Four fun jumps and a tandem. I took it real easy this weekend. Pat, see you next weekend at LP.B|

I can hardly wait. It's going to be a loooooong couple of days until I get to leave on Thuirsday.

You bringing raffle tickets to Prairie or do I have to wait until I get to Kapowsin to buy some?

POPS #10490

Glad you are ok.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Thank you and Bclark for the info. I just couldn't see it hapining on my V3 without the closing loop being way to tight. I will have to look at some other rigs and see how this can happen, just so i know!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

1 Day of watching the rain at the DZ: 9 : 0

Sat around and watched the rain at the DZ all day yesterday, today we got out by 11:30 and I did some freefly jumps, a few camera jumps and about 6 or 7 tandems. I love summer!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com