npgraphicdesign

How diverse is the skydiving community?

My father is Italian, my mother is Swiss. I was born and raised in Switzerland, but I have both citizenships, so I vote in both countries, have two passports, etc...
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

I'm actyually an alien that has been stranded here due to a time continuum sigularity mishap.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Romanian/Ukrainean mix ... born in Moldova and raised in Transylvania ... I suspect some Gypsy roots in my lineage, but my family won't admit to it (Roma people are not viewed very well in Europe). I have a Greek first name and Albanian last name ... and I'm often mistaken for a Brazilian (it's got to be the big arse).

I was married to a Hungarian for 3 years and a Turk for 7 ... I'd say that I've been exposed to diversity ... hell, there's got to be a picture of me next to the word "diversity" in the dictionary :P ....

O

Romanian/Ukrainean mix ... born in Moldova and raised in Transylvania ... I suspect some Gypsy roots in my lineage, but my family won't admit to it (Roma people are not viewed very well in Europe). I have a Greek first name and Albanian last name ... and I'm often mistaken for a Brazilian (it's got to be the big arse).

I was married to a Hungarian for 3 years and a Turk for 7 ... I'd say that I've been exposed to diversity ... hell, there's got to be a picture of me next to the word "diversity" in the dictionary :P ....

O

That is all Eastern European...:|

I'm just sayin'

Me, I'm American... I don't particularly care about anything before that, because no matter how you cut it, America is the most diverse country.

I think you're going to be able to find just about everything represented in one way or another. That said, I think you're going to find the skydiving population is not representative of the world at large.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Me, I'm American... I don't particularly care about anything before that, because no matter how you cut it, America is the most diverse country.

Aren't you curious about where your family originally comes from?
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Aren't you curious about where your family originally comes from?

Nope, I already know a bunch of the places that they do come from but there is a lot more that I don't know and never will... off the top of my head I can list Scotland, England, Spain, Native American...

But like I said, it isn't important. Why does my ancestors culture mean anything to me? It's not my culture.

That is not to say that those cultures aren't interesting. But I have never cared where I came from, only where I am going. Maybe because I've never lived in one area (around the country) for more than a few years, and my ideas on family also tend to be different than most people also.

Born and raised in California. On my dad's side my grandfather was half American (since the mid 1700's) and half Irish and my grandmother was half Cuban and half Mexican. On my mom's side my grandfather was half Swiss and half Yugoslavian and my grandmother is a redneck from Arkansas.

I grew up in a mostly hispanic community and was married to a Mexican. I'm a pretty diverse white girl.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

born and raised in georgia. lived here all my life. i have blonde hair and a red beard so i guess that means Scandinavian descent. my last name is greek and just like almost everyone from the southeast i have a little cherokee blood in me. been all over the country and ga always feels like home. got mountains an hour north and the beach a few hours southeast. couldnt ask for more.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Persian, you know like the cat.
Came to the US in 1985
Currently married to a nice Finnish girl that drives me crazy.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

We're diverse in more ways than just nationality. Education, profession, religion, politics, income, age, you name it - we're all different. And that's one of the great strengths of this sport - it brings together people from all walks of life, who can hang out and have fun together. Even turtles!

We're diverse in more ways than just nationality. Education, profession, religion, politics, you name it - we're all different. And that's one of the great strengths of this sport - it brings together people from all walks of life, who can hang out and have fun together.

I disagree -

i am Unique! Just like everyone else!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Persian, you know like the cat.
Came to the US in 1985
Currently married to a nice Finnish girl that drives me crazy.

Ya know - The greeks kicked your ass in the movie 300!:D

My dads father was Spanish/portuguese migrated to the US and was born on the boat(aka hawaii) and my dads mom is French/Italian born in the SF Ca.

My moms dad was english and who knows what else(he was born in little rock). Moms mom was white spaniard/castilian. Her maiden name was Castile and was related to the family Royal family in Spain.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

English, Irish, German, French, Dutch, Am. Indian. I'm a Mutt. :P

Good Girl!

Com'ere, Come on - Come re - Ok - Good girl - Now Roll Over. . .:D