NewGuy2005

Fake Navy Seal??

But if you don't call Bullshit Bullshit, somo of your freinds will eventually think some of the smell is comming from you..

That's their problem not mine and shows that they are not TRUE friends..

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

But if you don't call Bullshit Bullshit, somo of your freinds will eventually think some of the smell is comming from you..

That's their problem not mine and shows that they are not TRUE friends..

So you wouldn't have a problem with someone claiming they were SAS or Para if they actually weren't? How about the Coldstream Guards?

I guess it's just a military thing...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So you wouldn't have a problem with someone claiming they were SAS or Para if they actually weren't? How about the Coldstream Guards?...

Nope not really Mike, as I said, life's too short to worry about other peoples lies (Fuck 'em).

I guess it's just a military thing...

I guess not ...... I'm ex Military (RAF) - I've heard some right howlers and ignored them.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

how do you not have to go through bud/s and UDT before SEALs? That is something everyone has to go through and is the precursor to "hell week"

He's talking about some people from 50 years ago.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I know a guy that claims to have been a Navy Seal. Is there any registry or other way to verify if he's telling the truth?

This guy came to my DZ once, talking trash about everything from Navy Seal and SF to - drum roll please - astronaut!!

I found this website the exposes frauds like this. Here's the website - maybe it will help you out.

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies19.htm

Also, here's the detailed text of what that site says about Jerry Whittredge, the nutjob that came to the DZ. It even cites news articles and press releases. Not sure about others, but the info on Whittredge is accurate.

Whittredge, Jerry alan 1998

07/2008

TX
2008 - now in Tampa, Florida

Wednesday, June 3, 1998 - Page updated at 12:00 AM

Impostor Falsely Gains High Nasa Clearance
AP

HOUSTON - A pilot accused of parlaying phony credentials into access to high-security areas at NASA has been arrested, charged with impersonating a federal officer.

Jerry Whittredge, 48, is charged with falsely claiming he was an astronaut, a CIA employee and a Medal of Honor winner.

In a court affidavit, NASA investigators say he used fraudulent credentials to gain access to a Navy flight simulator, sit at the console of Mission Control at the Marshall Space Flight Center and receive non-public technical material about the space shuttle.

Whittredge allegedly used his home computer to make false claims and get a tour of the Marshall Space Center last November. In March, he allegedly used made-up credentials to receive data on the shuttle's thrust-propulsion system.

In May, he allegedly claimed astronaut and CIA status and was allowed to train on a T-45 aircraft flight simulator after meeting with the base commander and senior pilots at Naval Air Station Kingsville in Texas.

Whittredge was arrested Sunday, after again using his false credentials in e-mail exchanges seeking clearance to fly a T-45 aircraft.

============================
June 3, 1998

San Antonio Express-News
Man with fake credentials gains NASA clearance

Mark Babineck

HOUSTON - A pilot accused of parlaying phony NASA, CIA and war credentials into access to some of the space agency's highest security areas was in custody Tuesday, charged with impersonating a federal officer.

Jerry Whittredge, 48, is charged with repeatedly claiming he was an astronaut, a CIA regent with a lifetime appointment and a Medal of Honor winner.

Investigators say he used those fraudulent credentials to gain access to a Navy flight simulator, sit at the console of Mission Control at the Marshall Space Flight Center and receive non-public technical material about the space shuttle. Mission Control is "NASA's most secure area," according to a sworn affidavit filed Monday by Joseph Gutheinz, the NASA Office of Inspector General agent who investigated Whittredge's alleged antics. Gutheinz wrote that NASA and military
records show that Whittredge "is not and never has been" an astronaut, nor is he a Medal of Honor...

================

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:1-Y2DOcuL7EJ:www.lubbockonli
ne.com/stories/060398/LD0678.001.shtml+jerry+a+whittredge&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=13&gl=us

Wednesday, June 3, 1998

Last modified at 1:35 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3, 1998
Man nabbed for impersonating astronaut

HOUSTON (AP) - A pilot accused of parlaying phony NASA, CIA and war credentials into access to some of the space agency's highest security areas was in custody Tuesday, charged with impersonating a federal officer.

Jerry A. Whittredge, 48, is charged with repeatedly claiming he was an astronaut, a CIA regent with a lifetime appointment and a Congressional Medal of Honor winner.

Investigators say he used those fraudulent credentials to gain access to a Navy flight simulator, sit at the console of Mission Control at the Marshall Space Flight Center and receive non-public technical material about the space shuttle.

Mission Control is "NASA's most secure area," according to a sworn affidavit filed Monday by Joseph R. Gutheinz, the NASA Office of Inspector General agent who investigated Whittredge's alleged antics.

Gutheinz wrote that NASA and military records show that Whittredge "is not and never has been" an astronaut, nor is he a Medal of Honor winner. The CIA also claims no knowledge of Whittredge.

Via computer from his Galveston County home, Whittredge last November made his false claims to Marshall Space Center operations officer Nathaniel A. Boclair, Gutheinz said. Whittredge was granted a tour on Nov. 21-21, 1997, including the console incident.

Then on March 16, 1998, Whittredge is accused of using made-up credentials to receive data on the space shuttle's thrust propulsion system, Gutheinz said. He repeated his astronaut claim May 5 on a Federal Aviation Administration medical form.

Six days later, Whittredge allegedly once again claimed astronaut and CIA status and was allowed to train on a T-45 aircraft flight simulator after meeting with the base commander and senior pilots at Naval Air Station Kingsville in South Texas.

NASA had no comment on the alleged security breach, spokesman Steve Nesbitt said. The Associated Press was unable to reach base personnel at NAS Kingsville.

Whittredge was arrested Sunday, after again using his false credentials in e-mail exchanges with Harry C. White, Naval Air Station Pensacola, court documents said. Whittredge sought clearance to fly a T-45 aircraft.

Whittredge has a permanent address in Florida but has been living in a recreational vehicle in League City and Galveston, Texas, according to Gutheinz.

He is being held without bail in Houston, said Karen Guerriero, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's office. U.S. Magistrate Calvin Botley set a bond hearing for Friday.

Whittredge faces up to seven years in prison and $500,000 in fines if convicted, Guerriero said.

==========================================

Man Poses as Astronaut, Steals NASA Secrets

HOUSTON (Reuters) [6.04.1998] - A licensed airline pilot posing as an astronaut bluffed his way into a top-security NASA facility and got secret information on the space shuttle during an eight-month deception, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

Jerry Alan Whittredge, 48, faces up to five years in jail and a $250,000 fine for misrepresenting himself as a federal employee, the U.S. Attorney's Office for Southern Texas said.

Whittredge contacted NASA's Marshall Space Center in Huntsville, Alabama, in November, claiming he had been chosen for a space shuttle mission and requesting a tour of the facility.

According to an affidavit by NASA special agent Joseph Gutheinz, Whittredge told NASA officials that he was a CIA agent and held the Medal of Honor.

On the basis of his false credentials he was granted a tour on Nov. 21 and 22.

"Mr. Whittredge was permitted to sit at the console of NASA Mission Control (NASA's most secure area) at Marshall Space Flight Center during a shuttle mission," the affidavit said.

In March Whittredge tricked NASA into giving him confidential information about the shuttle's propulsion system and in May he hoodwinked officials at Kingsville Naval Air Station in Texas into giving him training on a T-45 flight simulator.

Gutheinz said Whittredge had most recently been living in Texas but did not appear to be employed there and that he also had a permanent address in Florida.

Whittredge made an initial appearance in court on Tuesday and is due to attend a bond hearing on Friday.

=======================
www.nasa.con
Jerry Alan Whittredge of Galveston was charged with impersonating a federal employee and lying to federal agents after he used bogus credentials to dupe officials at NASA’s Huntsville, Alabama, space center into thinking that he was an astronaut. They allowed Whittredge to sit at a Mission Control console during a shuttle mission and even trained him on a flight simulator before his odd behavior led to a more thorough investigation of his background and the discovery that he had set up his fake biography, describing himself as a former CIA agent turned astronaut, on a Web page.

==============================================

*** Bogus spaceman who duped NASA to appear in court

A 48-year-old man who posed as an astronaut and bluffed his way into a top-security NASA facility will appear in court Friday for the second time this week. The U.S. Attorney's Office for Southern Texas said Jerry Alan Whittredge would appear before Judge Calvin Botley so that preliminary evidence against him could be heard. Whittredge made
an initial court appearance Tuesday at which federal prosecutors said they planned to pursue charges of impersonating a federal employee and making false statements. The offenses carry maximum penalties of
five and three years in prison respectively plus a $250,000 fine in both cases. Whittredge contacted NASA's Marshall Space Center in November claiming he had been chosen for a space shuttle mission and
requesting a tour of the facility.

-------------------------------------------------

Houston- Reuters

A Texas man who posed as an astronaut and bluffed his way into a top-security NASA facility appeared to claim President Bill Clinton as his attorney. In bizarre proceedings before a federal magistrate, Jerry Whittredge, 48, identified his defence counsel as "Mr. Clinton" and again as "William Clinton" when asked for his full name. The court also heard Whittredge had persistently contacted female astronauts and had been asked to stop pestering them. U.S. Magistrate Calvin Botley took Whittredge's remarks about his attorney at face value, noting that Mr. Clinton was not in court and ordering a recess so that the lawyer could be contacted. Reconvening the session after a 30-minute break, Botley said no local lawyer by the name of William Clinton could be traced. He rescheduled the preliminary hearing for on Tuesday, appointing a public defender to represent Whittredge if "Mr. Clinton" had not surfaced by then. Tall and lean, with a light tan and a gently receding hairline, Whittredge wore a green T-shirt and beige Bermuda shorts with white socks and sports shoes. He appeared intelligent and physically fit -- not unlike the astronaut, secret agent and ace pilot he claims to be. His tall stories of being an astronaut in training for a shuttle mission were credible enough to dupe NASA into letting him into their Marshall Space Flight Centre in Alabama. NASA investigator Joseph Gutheinz indicated on Friday that the law might have finally caught up with Whittredge because he had been pestering female astronauts. Gutheinz told the court that Whittredge had persistently contacted several female astronauts who had not reciprocated his approaches and that NASA had asked him to stop pestering them.

=====================

http://www.jamesoberg.com/98jun08-abc-bogus_astronaut.pdf

=======================

http://lmtonline.com/news/archive/061998/pagea6.pdf

========================

2008 - claiming to be ex-CIA and having been a POW from the Vietnam War serving time in a cell next to John McCain. He served in a Federal Mental Institution for evaluation. Apparently, he plea bargained & walked away with time served.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Ask him what street Danny's and McP's are on.

My wife is a Deputy DA. A guy at her office told great SEAL stories for years, even giving office wide speeches on teamwork, etc. A retired Navy Admiral was hired as a DA and exposed the guy as a fraud over the course of a few months. I guess it wasn't pretty.:P The lying bastard is a Public Defender now, go figure...

In my experience when someone has done something pretty cool or exceptional in their lives you will hear it from someone other than that person. Everyone I've ever known who was special ops or something like that, they weren't the one who told me about it. A few months ago I was at the range and made a comment holy @#$@# that guy can shoot! One of his friends said to me "you didn't know he was special ops for the last 22 years?" 10x the credibility of him coming up and telling me about it like he has something to prove.