billvon

Weekend pictures

Whoever it is on the left side of the landing area is A. landing in the wrong direction and B. fuckin it up.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Whoever it is on the left side of the landing area is A. landing in the wrong direction and B. fuckin it up.

???

Looks to me like they are probably on their cross wind leg and still have a little alt. (no shadow).

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

They're called Bootie Bottoms made by the same people who make Windline suits. I run a Cessna DZ and they sent me some information on ordering them and I think Imma do it. Anybody want a PM w/ the details?
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Aw, I wish it was still t-shirt-at-altitude weather over here!

Ilse5.jpg - is that a first generation Dytter? Haven't seen one of those in years! :)
bigway2.jpg - might just be one of those unfortunate 'caught in passing' shots, but it looks like someone (top centre) has serious grip fixation!

Who makes the two-piece RW suits?

I know Tony Suits offers them. My old DZO had a set. One pair of pants with two different tops - a camera wing set-up and a regular RW set-up.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

> Is it safe to assume you are not jumping Bolas's camera set-up?

I don't know what his camera setup is but it's pretty safe to assume I'm not using it! I'm using a Flattop Pro with a Sony HC1 and a Canon XTi with a 10-22 lens.

> I never went to Perris, is there an alternate landing area?

Yep. Everything not-grass is an alternate landing area. Has to be at least 100 acres. (Look at the picture AFF_pull to see the rest of it.) It's dirt but it's plowed regularly so it's relatively soft.

Bolas' camera set-up was hysterical. It was one of those disposable types that he strapped to the front of his protec helmet, and actually jumped with it, having to click the pictures manually. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bolas' camera set-up was hysterical. It was one of those disposable types that he strapped to the front of his protec helmet, and actually jumped with it, having to click the pictures manually. :D

This picture was taken with a small digital camera attached to a helmet, and triggered manually. (not by me, mind you!)
Remster

I belive thats Rosa (vanillaskygirl)....;)

I'm pretty sure that's exactly right.

Yes, that's me! :)
In the Bigway1, I am the pink suit at 5 o'clock, between black & blue suits, and in Bigway2, I'm pink suit next to blue & pink at almost 7 o'clock.

Did the evil organizers put you front float Rosa? :ph34r:

Haha, no...I was second float this time. The lovely Ilse, who was sitting on the floor of the plane, was front float. Us ladies in pink were practicing our exits/slots in the formation, before JFTC begins on Monday.

Everyone in the area should come watch the bigways in Perris Valley happening from now (POPS) until the following Sunday (27th), which concludes JFTC and the Men's World Record attempts. It's going to be a very fun week!

Thank you for posting the photos, Bill. They look great. See you soon! :)