k-dubjumps

Beer light and/or beer line violations

After reading a different thread this got me curious. Did you even know there was such a thing as a beer light? Sometimes real and sometimes imaginary, the beer light designates when jumpers can start drinking on the DZ. It usually comes on after the sunset load takes off or earlier if the DZ has been weathered out. I've heard of people taking beers on the plane :o or covertly drinking from less conspicuous containers :).

So have you ever violated the beer light rules? What d'ya do?
(If you don't want to out yourself, PM me and I will post it for you)
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

We actually have a beer light at CK.

It took me a while to notice :S. I always thought it was just a saying.

A few times i've been told to drink my shit out by the trailers because the light wasn't on yet. No biggie though.

Everything in excess is bad... except skydiving and sex!

I think hearing about beer LINE violations could be more fun. :D

This poor guy at my dz got his ass handed to him for a beer line violation. It was his first time at the dz, and he followed in one of the video guys. Didnt have a clue about the beer line.

Heck, I didnt either until then and Ive been jumping there for a few months now :$

At most DZ's I've been to people don't much care as long as you keep it out of sight. In a team room, in a styrofoam cup, in the bar* etc are generally not a big deal. OTOH, in front of students, out in plain sight, or before jumping can be a very big deal.

(* - for those lucky DZ's that have bars on premises)

You can drink all day at the dz's I go to in FL, so it took me at least 5 years to find out there actually is a light that some dz's turn on. I thought it was just a phrase like "it's 5:00 somewhere". :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Byron has a neon Beer Light they turn on. Right behind manifest.

I wanted to make one from an old traffic signal. There would be a cutout from the lens for the following

Green= jump
Yellow=hold
Red=BEER
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Yep. When I started the DZ was pretty busy and it was very clearly posted that all the beer had to be east of the firepit until jumping was done. Tandem students often wanted a beer or two to celebrate their jump before they left, but wanted to leave before the end of the day.

These days the DZ is a lot smaller, slower and more relaxed. But don't try to get on the plane if the pilot has seen you with a beer in your hand.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I wanted to make one from an old traffic signal. There would be a cutout from the lens for the following

Green= jump
Yellow=hold
Red=BEER

I'd reverse the red & green. Green should mean beer is a GO! (or bitch beer, if that's what you prefer ;))
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You can drink all day at the dz's I go to in FL, so it took me at least 5 years to find out there actually is a light that some dz's turn on. I thought it was just a phrase like "it's 5:00 somewhere". :ph34r:

god im glad i live in florida :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Light beer is a violation at our dz. Waiting in line for beer should be a violation as well.

Umm what was the question?B|

Light beer and domestic are a violation every way possible way!! :D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

We actually have a beer light at CK.

It took me a while to notice :S. I always thought it was just a saying.

A few times i've been told to drink my shit out by the trailers because the light wasn't on yet. No biggie though.

Psssttt..... Here's what he's talkin' bout.... ;)

And I thought you knew that's what the hot tub is for! Early cocktails!! :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

damn you LisaH, ok so with much resentment i post my "beerline" story....

at 2k feet the winds were out of the south, at 300' the winds were dead, i turn onto final and at about 150' the winds are now out of the north. see where this is going? so i'm swooping the shit out of my sabre 2 170 now right towards the 16' blow up pool at elsinore. i'm either gonna hurt or make a splash. well with mounds of luck and some skill i manage to pop myself over the lip of the pool and at the same time as soon as my legs cleared the lip i stuck them right in and let go of my flare so it dumped me in the pool. w00t! crossed the beer line.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

domestic is the best on the planet...you're just not trying the right ones.
;)

The only time this was an issue for me was when Spence saw me with a nice fresh cold one at Fitz last year. It was fucking St. Patty's Day for christ's sake!!!!
Well there was that beer line violation a few years ago...back when it was still a cool DZ. After the hurricane, they were basically working out of the small hangar at the opposite end of the airport...beer line wasn't being enforced. Some time later, after I had become accustomed to landing just in front of the hangar....they started enforcing the beer line again...so Tom Sr. comes zipping over on the 4-wheeler. "Mark, I know you don't know we're enforcing the beer line again, but it's WAAAAY the fuck over THERE!!!"
B|

damn you LisaH, ok so with much resentment i post my "beerline" story....

at 2k feet the winds were out of the south, at 300' the winds were dead, i turn onto final and at about 150' the winds are now out of the north. see where this is going? so i'm swooping the shit out of my sabre 2 170 now right towards the 16' blow up pool at elsinore. i'm either gonna hurt or make a splash. well with mounds of luck and some skill i manage to pop myself over the lip of the pool and at the same time as soon as my legs cleared the lip i stuck them right in and let go of my flare so it dumped me in the pool. w00t! crossed the beer line.

I can't help but laugh. :D
Very glad the pool was there and you are ok!!!

So, where is the beer? Oh, and how is your gear?
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Green= jump
Yellow=hold
Red=BEER

Very nice idea! Never thought about it. I guess im gonna take my traffic signal up to the DZ!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

The only time this was an issue for me was when Spence saw me with a nice fresh cold one at Fitz last year.

There was a beer light at Fitz? Oops. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon