LongWayToFall

Weekend Numbers, Sept 25-26-27

:) : 7 : :D:D

Some fun jumps, some JM-ing followed by fun jumps :)
:D owed for First wingsuit flyby. As discussed before boarding the plane I was under canopy at exactly 4000 feet when the wingsuiter exited the 182.
It was awesome seeing him fly past me and at the same time f*cking scary to make eye contact with a freefaller whilst under canopy.
BTW, I wouldn't try this stuff with just anyone, but this guy knows his stuff.

Second :D owed for jump# 300.
I took the FJC on 23/09/2006 and made my first jump on 30/09/2006.
My 300 jump was made on 27/09/2009 - as close as I can get to my anniversary of 'making the skies above a little less safe for everybody':)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

0 : 4 : :D

Yooohooooo! I completed AFF! B|
Did 4 jumps (AFF level 7 and 3 solo jumps), including two wonderful sunset loads. By far the best week-end since I started skydiving!

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

:):8:B|

Despite the rain on Thursday, Friday and half of Saturday I managed to get in 8 jumps.

I did a hop and pop after some static line students.

Two jumps (first thus the beer) taking harness holds to practice for my AFF I course in October. (Need to work on inverting student on their back - haven't tried that yet).

On Sunday I was asked to help as an Evaluator in a coach course, so I made 5 jumps evaluating new coach candidates.

Such an awesome time in the air this weekend :)
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

:)
All but 1 were 3 way FF.

Saturday my partner and I landed a 12kt downwinder right in the peas. Well it was into the target and slide thru it. That's enough of that skill practice for the quarter.

Pretty good weekend all in all.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

0:2:0

Was at a regatta on Saturday where my men and women did well. Sunday only did 2 tandems because the wind was picking up...

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

181:0:0

Watched the ladies of JFTC set a new world record on Saturday.

No jumps as I was busy taking care of the camera crew. I got to spend the week with Norm Kent, Willy Boenkens, Karen Lewis, Craig OBrien, Henny Wiggers, Clem Major, Andrey Veselov, George Katsoulis and Steve Huboda. Oh, and Mallory Lewis and Lamb Chop too. B|

0:2:0

saturday was a wash, but a day on the ground at the dz is still a better day than one in the real world. i hadnt jumped in about a month cause of shitty weather so i did a solo and relaxed. couple back flips and a couple turns, but pretty much just enjoyed the view. did a coach jump that was more of a fun jump (already have all my freefall skills knocked out on my a). had a blast! looking forward to owing beer in three more jumps when i get my a.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."