BillyVance

WTF?

Snapped this picture yesterday on the interstate. Only time I have ever seen a motorcycle like it.... Like a reverse trike or something. What the fuck is it and who makes it?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wow... $16,500 to $21,000 depending on the set-up. :S

This one was on I-20 west-bound in central Alabama. I didn't get a chance to see what state the tag was from.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They seem to be all over the place in upstate NY.

And here in NJ.
The local Kow dealer sells them like they were going out of style.
Soccer moms and RUBs love these things.

One can easily drop $16k on a Hog no questions asked.
So why not drop $16k on a bike you can't "drop"?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

My dad has one. He's trying to get back at me for getting back into motorcycles. Parents these days:S:D

No they are not cheap. The technology is like that of a modern car mius the air bags. It has Anti lock brakes, anti-roll, anti skid, and clutchless shifting.

He said he might not have bought one if he had test driven one first. Not very comfortable. oh well.

My dad has one. He's trying to get back at me for getting back into motorcycles. Parents these days:S:D

No they are not cheap. The technology is like that of a modern car mius the air bags. It has Anti lock brakes, anti-roll, anti skid, and clutchless shifting.

He said he might not have bought one if he had test driven one first. Not very comfortable. oh well.

Anti-roll??? WTF is that? :S

First ignore the third wheel and just think of it as a scooter in 125, 250 and 500cc sizes. It's comfortable, good storage under the seat, automatic gearbox just like other big scooters like the Suzuki Burgman, Yamaha TMax or Honda Reflex. And the 500 version will do 90-100 mph or so and can easily keep up with freeway traffic.

Now add the third wheel with a tilting mechanism. It rides almost exactly the same. If you ride a bike you can ride this with no real adjustment. But because of that third wheel it's almost impossible to make the front slide. If you lock up the front wheel or lose traction on the front wheel on a conventional M/C or scoot, you're pretty much guaranteed to fall off. But on this you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to get away with it.

And then finally there's the party trick. With a little practice you can use the manual tilt lock so you never need to put your feet down when you come to a stop at traffic lights.

The downside is extra weight and a little less performance than a 2 wheeled version. And perhaps a little less easy to filter through dense traffic where that's common behaviour. And finally there's a little less leg room available.

And no, it's not a motorcycle, it's a scooter. But big scooters are actually just as cool in their own way.

All of that may be hard to understand in the USA. But its all well understood in Europe and these things are getting to be commonplace, even in London.

Anti-roll??? WTF is that? :S

Serious?

I sort of test rode one.
It has reverse gear, has a half decent storage bin and a comfy seat.
It accelerates no faster than a Geo and decelerates no better than a Yugo.
Steering is OK, not much slop but as a rider will be a bit difficult to get use to.
Basically a snow mobile for the road that is designed to be sold to chicks.
Not that chick riders are bad but....well...you could talk on the cell phone and still ride this thing without a problem.
Also you could also do a bit of shopping. And being stable and having a reverse gear any 100lb hottie can own and operate one of these.
Would I ever own one?
Well...honest? If it had a better engine perhaps. And if I lost a leg and an arm.
BUT.....that being said, for guys who like to do billions of miles at a stretch in square states where the only turns you see are those off ramps to and from Wally World....this could be perfect for you!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

No way in hell are you married. Or not for long anyway.
:S

I REALLY wish you would stop "speaking for us guys".

Why is it so hard to believe that I'm married? I'm dumb enough to do something that stupid.

And when was I speaking for "you" guys?
Maybe "you" guys are just not as much fun as "us" guys?

Wait....do you ride one of these? Cool, I like it, but I like to lean and I'm not a big fan of slush boxes. But it is kind of a cool idea!

Your comments like:
"Basically a snow mobile for the road that is designed to be sold to chicks.
Not that chick riders are bad but....well...you could talk on the cell phone and still ride this thing without a problem.
Also you could also do a bit of shopping. And being stable and having a reverse gear any 100lb hottie can own and operate one of these."

is (again) insulting to women, much like the majority of your posts.

Your comments like:
"Basically a snow mobile for the road that is designed to be sold to RUBs.
Not that RUB riders are bad but....well...you could talk on the cell phone and still ride this thing without a problem.
Also you could also do a bit of shopping. And being stable and having a reverse gear any 100lb RUB can own and operate one of these."

is (again) insulting to women, much like the majority of your posts.

Dare ya go! Now don't get your panties in a twist and go test drive....ride....well what ever it is one does on one of these things.
The one I took out for a spin had heated grips and I believe a heated seat. Which this time of year would be greatly needed.

Every time I see one it reminds me of my dad many years ago...

Whenever he saw an El Camino going down the street he'd roll down the window and yell...
"If you want a car buy a car! If you want a truck, buy a fricken truck!!!" B|B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Every time I see one it reminds me of my dad many years ago...

Whenever he saw an El Camino going down the street he'd roll down the window and yell...
"If you want a car buy a car! If you want a truck, buy a fricken truck!!!" B|B|

Hey!
My best buddy when I was ~20 had an El Camino.
He put a fiberglass cap on the back, removed the rear window behind the seat, then lined the bed with padding and carpeting.
It was GREAT!
Like a rolling bedroom.:D
He even let me borrow it occasionally.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Why is it so hard to believe that I'm married? I'm dumb enough to do something that stupid.

Nope, we know that, hard to believe a woman was dumb enough to marry you, lol.

I keed, I keed... sort of.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983