NickDG

Turn On The TV RIGHT NOW . . .

How much does a 6 yr old weigh? I don't think that balloon would lift him.

id guess 50ish lbs. . .

holy shit theres already a google dropdown bar for this thing. . . thats how many people are looking at this, wow
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

question is.... was there another "part" to the orginal payload? which seperated at some point...? ( hopefully 5 or 6 feet off the ground...)

THEN the balloon could have ascended,, easily...
AND the brothers 'tale' that "it took off with the 6 yr old inside", would have technically, been the truth....

sure hope Young Falcon Never left the ground,,,and that his brother,,,,, has a wild imagination......and a mischievous personality....

"interesting " family, to say the least, from what i have been seeing and reading...
[:/]

jmy

They said that there was some sort of basket on the balloon originally, that is no longer there. My guess, if they haven't found the kid or basket yet, it is because it became detached at a high altitude and long distance away. Probability of surviving a 30ft fall is 50%, and for a kid it is worse. The longer they go without finding him, the slimmer the chance of him being alive. I am betting 10% chance he is alive...... Hope they find him safe and sound.

I really wish the FAA would get away from the "experimental" category of aircraft. In reality it just means home built. And rather than truly being experimental these are mostly based on a hundred years of what worked before.

Go to Oskosh and look at the home built aeroplanes. They are some of the fastest, slickest, most economical, and fun to fly, aircraft being produced. But because of the "experimental" tag the public sees them as dangerous.

I understand the FAA makes home builders placard their aircraft as "experimental" so innocent passengers can make an informed decision weather to fly in it or not. But that's a decision you need to make anytime you step into an aircraft. From your friend's Cub to the next 747 you get on.

They should rename the experimental category to the "This aircraft complies with acceptable aircraft practices but wasn't mass produced by some corporation that is probably out of business now anyway," category.

Yeah, I guess that would be a large placard . . .

BTW, Falcon is alive and home safe!

NickD :)

>>So.. who foots the bill for all of this?
What makes us U.S. citizens, and something I hope that never changes, is they can spend as much of my tax money as they want looking out for little Falcons!

NickD :)

I hear you. I still think that the kid needs to spend a year mowing lawns and shoveling snow at the local police station, fire station, hospital, National Guard, VFW, and Moose Lodge.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher