banesanura

Wine-o's

I'm looking for those who enjoy wine. I enjoy trying new wines and want to see what you drink? My most recent favorite until I find another one.

Princess - (yes thats the name) It's a plum and cherry infused red wine, best served chilled. Made by Vintage Vinter Winery- illinois.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

I'm looking for those who enjoy wine. I enjoy trying new wines and want to see what you drink? My most recent favorite until I find another one.

Princess - (yes thats the name) It's a plum and cherry infused red wine, best served chilled. Made by Vintage Vinter Winery- illinois.

2006 Mouton Rothschild Bordeaux. Either that or Night Train.:P
........Just kidding. Several years ago I had a friend who liked to experiment with various wines. I don't recall which they were, but some of the New York wines were to my liking. Now I occasionally open wines like white zinfandel or other varietals...usually brands like Sutton, Kendall or Turning Leaf or other California wines in that price range.

I drank one called Fat Bastard a few years back. I thought it tasted like shrek piss. :D

ive got a bottle of that on my mantle.
got it just for the name, never opened it, now im glad i havnt. :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I drank one called Fat Bastard a few years back. I thought it tasted like shrek piss. :D

:D It wasn't really that bad. Just a little reference to a great ol friend of many DZ.commers who died a few years back - skinnyshrek.

I saw a bottle called "Mad Housewife" in the store one day. I told my wife the next time she gets mad at me, I'm getting a bottle of that for her. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Don't take this the wrong way but she must get that way whenever you venture forth to do yard work

Hey, anything to get out of doing stuff in the house. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You would probably like some of the Australian Shiraz wines. Rosemont is a pretty good one and cheap. I also like many of the Bordeaux region wines.

Watch the movie Sideways
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

:D It wasn't really that bad. Just a little reference to a great ol friend of many DZ.commers who died a few years back - skinnyshrek.

I saw a bottle called "Mad Housewife" in the store one day. I told my wife the next time she gets mad at me, I'm getting a bottle of that for her. :D

HAHA, yeah that will surely go over well.
when you do it, i have a place you can sleep for a few nights till the death threats stop.
figured id throw that out there.
:D:D
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I'm a red girl I've been partial to the cheap Chileans for a while now. Normally pay between $9 and $12 for a bottle.

Frontera is a nice one.

Some others I like (around the same price range)

Painted Turtle (Canadian)
Barefoot (US)
Jackson Triggs (Canadian)

At least at those prices, if you don't like them, you're okay with using it for cooking! LOL!
'Shell

Stay away from "Supermarket Wines" (Clos du Bois, Turning Leaf, Yellowtail, Beringer, etc. etc.) There are so many better wines out there that you've never heard of for the same price. Try to broaden your selection and buy more than just the popular varietals.

http://tv.winelibrary.com/
There's a great daily video blog done by Gary Vaynerchuck at the above link. His personality is a little out there, but he has some very informative shows that are great for beginners and enthusiasts alike. His show has been a great source for finding new wines to try.

I have recently tried the Italian wines from Gelisi Antonio

white: Moscato Dolce
red: Sanguin de Guida

Both recommended by a friend in Germany who didn't like wines. I tried them out, and they were good. They are a bit of desert wines but not too sweet.

Unfortunately, I havent found a lot of suppliers in the US. I usually order online from a place in VA (Bon Avi), that gets it imported.

-b

I'm Persian so it's Shiraz

But I prefer reds that are more tart and less sweet.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I have become a wine snob since I started 5 years ago going to the barrell tastings in the Alexander/Dry Creek Valley. Wines I have found I love out there are: Meekers (any one of them) Matrix (the sryah is fantastic), Bella (zinfandel), Thumbprint (sryah and their ports), Hawkes (cabs) if you love ports, Praegers are great ones. If you are going to a store to get your wines, Australian wines are really good too. You can find the others online if you want to try any of them. :)
You create life, life does not create you.

The only wine that doesn't give me a headache is Beringer White Zinfandel.

Mmm love the fruity taste. :)

I used to get headaches from wine as well and could only drink White Zin. The wines in the store tend to have more sulfates for some reason and the cheaper they are the more sulfates so the headaches aproach. Blinding headaches.
But drinking better wines made the differnence and since you are doing White Zin try moving over to Merlot for a bit and get a good bottle look on the backs of them to see where they come from and if the grapes are produced in the Dry Creek, CA or even Lodi, In the Sonora region those wines are usually the best to stay away from the headaches. Eventually you can move on to cabs, and so on. Then you can venture out to different wine regions.
I still get headaches from a wine here and there. I have issues with eating red grapes too. I can get massive migraines off of those.

I hope this helps for you to venture out. :) Start slow. I just hate to see someone who can't enjoy a great glass of wine because of the headache issue and I know those headaches are horrible. But there is hope.:)

I live by the creed: "The best wine is the wine in your glass."

Je suis Bordelaise - St Emilion's my favourite appelation, but can get quite pricy.

South African wines can compete, but some of our producers still believe consumers don't realy know what's good or not, so they persist in churning out crap. Good wine, cheap (in the US) and good for a laugh would be Fairview's "Goats do roam", though we have some stunners, I'm just not sure about their availabilty in the 'states.

Closer to your home - I prefer Sonoma wines to Napa just 'cause the Napa folks tend to be a bit snobbish. That being said, Clos Pegase Chardonnay rocks! Prager Port (just down the road from Beringer) is AWESOME!

Christie Vineyards, Dry Creek Vineyards and Deux Amis produce good wines for surprisingly good prices. Deux Amis remains the best Zin I've ever tasted.. William-Selyem Pinot Noir still gives me a semi just thinking about it.

As you can tell, I love wine and am very opinionated when it comes to the topic, so I think I'll just shut up now ;)

A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

I live by the creed: "The best wine is the wine in your glass."

Je suis Bordelaise - St Emilion's my favourite appelation, but can get quite pricy.

South African wines can compete, but some of our producers still believe consumers don't realy know what's good or not, so they persist in churning out crap. Good wine, cheap (in the US) and good for a laugh would be Fairview's "Goats do roam", though we have some stunners, I'm just not sure about their availabilty in the 'states.

Closer to your home - I prefer Sonoma wines to Napa just 'cause the Napa folks tend to be a bit snobbish. That being said, Clos Pegase Chardonnay rocks! Prager Port (just down the road from Beringer) is AWESOME!

Christie Vineyards, Dry Creek Vineyards and Deux Amis produce good wines for surprisingly good prices. Deux Amis remains the best Zin I've ever tasted.. William-Selyem Pinot Noir still gives me a semi just thinking about it.

As you can tell, I love wine and am very opinionated when it comes to the topic, so I think I'll just shut up now ;)

Praeger is FANTASTIC. The father is running the tasting room again. I love him.
And you are right the Sonoma side is much more relaxed. At least you can talk to the owners of the wineries over there.