Nataly

Shame.. No chemistry..

I'm an over the hill, butt ugly jackass with a beautiful wife who adores me:S
I'm glad life isn't fair

I couldn't agree more, my friend. With this entire statement. :ph34r:
But that's because she has learned what we both know, and Nataly has yet to discover: funny guys with an aesthetic obstacle or two to overcome are FANTASTIC in the sack.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Good luck, chica. I don't think you should ever settle. I think someone will come along, when you least expect it, and maybe he'll be your usual type or maybe he'll be completely opposite of your usual preference, but there will be absolutely no denying the feeling in the pit of your stomach that's screaming to you "this guy is worth it".

And if he's a whuffo, so what. :$

You know, I think there is a difference between not settling and not giving something a chance. Writing off a guy after just one date- especially a "good" date - falls under the 2nd category. I also think its a sign that you aren't open to or ready for a relationship right now, and there is nothing wrong with that. Still, I think its wrong to blame the guy or pull the "no chemistry" card.

You know, I think there is a difference between not settling and not giving something a chance. Writing off a guy after just one date- especially a "good" date - falls under the 2nd category. I also think its a sign that you aren't open to or ready for a relationship right now, and there is nothing wrong with that. Still, I think its wrong to blame the guy or pull the "no chemistry" card.

Not ready for a relationship??! Sheesh!! The fact that I didn't get sparks on a first date doesn't mean *I'm* a write-off!!! :D:D:P

It's like I said before - it was only a first date, so I haven't just written him off. I also haven't blamed the guy or stated that there is NO POSSIBILITY of chemistry - just that there wasn't any on the date. And given I had a lot of fun that evening, it was a bit disappointing, that's all. I'm not sure where to go from here, but that doesn't mean I've made up my mind about everything.. No need to make big bold assumptions on the basis of so little!! :P

The only thing I know for sure is that I don't want to end up with an unbalanced or one-sided relationship - I personally don't think friendship is an adequate "cure" for unrequited love.

Anyway, for all I know he went home and told his house-mates I was the most BORING person he's ever met!! :D:D:D:P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I didn't say YOU were a "write off" but you did write the guy off after just one date even though you say you had a really good time. You even said you didn't think it was worth your time to be friends with him. Sorry, but that's a pretty big sign that you aren't open to a new relationship right now, IMO. "Chemistry" has a way of finding you when you are open and ready for it, but it doesn't always happen on the first date. Just something to think about ..........

Anyway, for all I know he went home and told his house-mates I was the most BORING person he's ever met!!

Is this the guy from the hardware store? :ph34r:;)

Nope.. A match.commer. Although hanging out at my local hardware store is maybe not a stupid idea.. At least there's half a chance that anyone I meet there will share my fondness for power-tools!! :ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

hardware store is maybe not a stupid idea.. At least there's half a chance that anyone I meet there will share my fondness for power-tools!! :ph34r::ph34r:

So you are looking for this guy? :ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I didn't say YOU were a "write off" but you did write the guy off after just one date even though you say you had a really good time. You even said you didn't think it was worth your time to be friends with him. Sorry, but that's a pretty big sign that you aren't open to a new relationship right now, IMO. "Chemistry" has a way of finding you when you are open and ready for it, but it doesn't always happen on the first date. Just something to think about ..........

Yeah.....sigh....some times in order to find the "one" we must convince our selves that we are ready for the "one".

Nat, may I ask a dumb question. How did he smell?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yeah.....sigh....some times in order to find the "one" we must convince our selves that we are ready for the "one".

Nat, may I ask a dumb question. How did he smell?

Umm.. That is an odd question.. I don't know how he smelled.. We went to a pub - we didn't get that close, and I don't have a habit of sniffing people I've just met!! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

He's asking to see about pheremone compatibility. Some people just smell nicer to you and it affect attraction (at least it's one theory)

I thought he might be headed in that direction, but seriously.. Even if the theory is true, I'm not sure we consciously select partners on the basis of smell.. I for one don't go around sniffing people!!! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Umm.. That is an odd question.. I don't know how he smelled.. We went to a pub - we didn't get that close, and I don't have a habit of sniffing people I've just met!! :D:D

I thought that question was odd, but at the same time, if you didn't notice, that's problematic. I know that you said that it's a Match date, so maybe you didn't want him to pick you up. However, didn't he offer to wait for you outside the pub, so he could walk you in? Did you shake hands (cold), or did he give you a hug or kiss you on the cheek, when you finally met in person? If he wasn't close enough for you to notice that he smelled good, during the initial meeting, that's too bad. If he didn't smell nice, then it wasn't a really good date, was it? Most men try to get close to talk, when in a pub. I always notice great smelling cologne the moment when a man leans in during his initial greeting. :)
Regarding phermones...you cannot smell pheromones. :D

I thought that question was odd, but at the same time, if you didn't notice, that's problematic. I know that you said that it's a Match date, so maybe you didn't want him to pick you up. However, didn't he offer to wait for you outside the pub, so he could walk you in? Did you shake hands (cold), or did he give you a hug or kiss you on the cheek, when you finally met in person? If he wasn't close enough for you to notice that he smelled good, during the initial meeting, that's too bad. If he didn't smell nice, then it wasn't a really good date, was it? Most men try to get close to talk, when in a pub. I always notice great smelling cologne the moment when a man leans in during his initial greeting. :)
Regarding phermones...you cannot smell pheromones. :D

Bingo! You got it! If you in your mind before the date weren't sure, and if you didn't smell him....well..it was a no go. It is what it is.

And it's true, you can't smell pheromones, but you sure can feel them and see them.

It just takes a keen eye. No worries, there are plenty of sardines in the sea.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

You know there is just something about a sent of a beautiful woman....I have no idea what it is or where it comes from but it's invisible poetry. And it's unforgettable.

I don't have a habit of sniffing people I've just met!!

See, that's just irresponsible. Google "due diligence."

First definition that came up: "Due Diligence is a term used for a number of concepts involving either the performance of an investigation of a business or person, or the performance of an act with a certain standard of care. It can be a legal obligation, but the term will more commonly apply to voluntary investigations. A common example of due diligence in various industries is the process through which a potential acquirer evaluates a target company or its assets for acquisition."

You're right - I should be more careful and carry out a full sniff-test before being able to properly evaluate someone's assets for the purposes of acquisition!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nat, girl, babe, gorgeous. Relax, if he was your type you would have smelled him.
And by smell.....not walk up and sniff his but but when he walked by or when he hugged you....you would have known.

Do you know what I miss most about skydiving....heck I have no idea how 7 safe jumps count but let's say it did....I miss the smell of the sky. She smelled like clean linen, like the ocean after the rain, like heaven.

But you'll be ok. Well until some one invents smell-o vision. :)

You know there is just something about a sent of a beautiful woman....I have no idea what it is or where it comes from but it's invisible poetry. And it's unforgettable.

so is that anything like sending her to get a beer and a sammich while you're watching the game? :$:ph34r::D

Sorry... I couldn't resist... :D:D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

so is that anything like sending her to get a beer and a sammich while you're watching the game? :$:ph34r::D

no no....not at all. though extra points will be given if she brings me coffee while I'm watching the F1 race.

Beautiful women have an aroma about them.

LMAO -

What DOESN't have that resemblance - I mean - you shouldn't even have to tell her.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

no no....not at all. though extra points will be given if she brings me coffee while I'm watching the F1 race.

Beautiful women have an aroma about them.
perhaps I didn't emphasize what I was getting at nearly enough...

Your post said nothing about the scent so I figured you were talking about getting a beer and a sammich... :P or coffee whatever floats your boat... :P I'm just making sure i understand you... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...