Ketia0

falling, falling, falling.

As I fall towards the ground all worry, pain, sadness, and anxiety escapes my mind. Everything this past week that has been keeping me down is now gone in the wind rushing by. I look at my altimeter, 8,000 feet... still 4,000 more to go.. I relax and plument into the abyss, enjoying the serinty of it all.
6,000 feet.. The need for more speed is to much. Close in and arch harder.. I can feel the wind rushing faster around me. Theres no telling what will happen next... Just fell past 4,000... But cant bring my self to pull... I enjoy it to much... Look again.. 3,500... getting closer.. Oh this is new.. My adrenaline starts pumping as the ground closes in..3,000 did i turn on my cypress this morning? blowing past my harddeck of 2,500 gripping fears starts to rush like lighting through my viens. 2,000. Way past my experience level.. But i want it, i crave it.. The rush is feeling me with ecstasy.. 1,500 will i beat the cyprus? 1,400... PULL!!!

A very beautiful snivel, and everything goes quite... Its like it never happened.. except my heart is still racing. My blood is still coursing through my veins like wild rapids. My breathing hasnt even begun to slow...

Slam the toggles down for a hard flare.. She is so beautiful. I knew she would respond. Look around.. At 900 feet.. Hard turn left. Spiraling down towards the earth. A different, yet amazing feeling, comes back to me. Clsoing in on 500 feet... Base leg of patter should have already been started... Closing in at 300 feet, and on final... 200 feet ->100, seems like a mere second.. Theres the target.. Ill make the mark.. Coming in. 20 feet. 15 feet, toggles to shoulders for stage 1..

Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare..

And tiptoe to the ground and walk her out.. The amazing mixture of blue and black crash to the groung as the canopy collapses. Stow the toggles, time to pack...

What a day at the DZ

:)
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

As I fall towards the ground all worry, pain, sadness, and anxiety escapes my mind. Everything this past week that has been keeping me down is now gone in the wind rushing by. I look at my altimeter, 8,000 feet... still 4,000 more to go.. I relax and plument into the abyss, enjoying the serinty of it all.
6,000 feet.. The need for more speed is to much. Close in and arch harder.. I can feel the wind rushing faster around me. Theres no telling what will happen next... Just fell past 4,000... But cant bring my self to pull... I enjoy it to much... Look again.. 3,500... getting closer.. Oh this is new.. My adrenaline starts pumping as the ground closes in..3,000 did i turn on my cypress this morning? blowing past my harddeck of 2,500 gripping fears starts to rush like lighting through my viens. 2,000. Way past my experience level.. But i want it, i crave it.. The rush is feeling me with ecstasy.. 1,500 will i beat the cyprus? 1,400... PULL!!!

A very beautiful snivel, and everything goes quite... Its like it never happened.. except my heart is still racing. My blood is still coursing through my veins like wild rapids. My breathing hasnt even begun to slow...

Slam the toggles down for a hard flare.. She is so beautiful. I knew she would respond. Look around.. At 900 feet.. Hard turn left. Spiraling down towards the earth. A different, yet amazing feeling, comes back to me. Clsoing in on 500 feet... Base leg of patter should have already been started... Closing in at 300 feet, and on final... 200 feet ->100, seems like a mere second.. Theres the target.. Ill make the mark.. Coming in. 20 feet. 15 feet, toggles to shoulders for stage 1..

Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare..

And tiptoe to the ground and walk her out.. The amazing mixture of blue and black crash to the groung as the canopy collapses. Stow the toggles, time to pack...

What a day at the DZ

:)

Hope the S&TA sees this.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

on my last jump i was thinking about it.. and even 3 grand is low for me.. The lowest I have pulled is 4 grand, or maybe 3,800 on a hop and pop.... I was trained under a VERY safety minded instructor who KNOWS I wouldnt do something stupid like pull low. He trained me better... Just FYI.
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

on my last jump i was thinking about it.. and even 3 grand is low for me.. The lowest I have pulled is 4 grand, or maybe 3,800 on a hop and pop.... I was trained under a VERY safety minded instructor who KNOWS I wouldnt do something stupid like pull low. He trained me better... Just FYI.

Why are you pulling so high???

cause im still new. I havent had a malfunction yet, and want to make sure if I do I have plenty of time.... And why pull lower than 3500? I enjoy being under canopy

You will eventually reach a point in skydiving where you will HAVE to pull lower if you want to be on some skydives. At some boogies, pulling above 4k will cause serious problems. With multiple aircraft dropping multiple loads with offset jump runs, one right after another, pulling high will put you in the deployment altitude of another jump run.

On larger skydives, you'll find that break-off allows for the outer rings to track to altitudes at or lower than 3k. So if at some point if you want to be on that sunset 50-way, then you'll have something to work on.

With that said, I love hop-n-pops. I prefer 5k exits and I deploy with-in a few seconds of exit. That gives me time to deploy, stow my RDS, fly to my downwind start point so I can make my initiation altitude (preferably over the swoop pond at your home DZ).

The point is, you need to realize there are limitations to pulling low AND pulling high. Knowing those limitations and recognizing how they effect your skydives at your experience and ability level will help you progress.

Oh, sorry. I'll stop with the real responses, I forgot this is Bonfire.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hi K-T-O,
Your "Skyfantasy" to you is fantasy, to some a reality and others just some mindless musing. Hmmmm. Army Paratroops exit at 1200' on training jumps, geez, got 200' to go!! How fast can you think, how low can you go?? Dis ain't no Limbo dance!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

First or second one? There was only one story?

And about the pulling ( what yall call high).. Its kind of the norm at my DZ for newer people to pull at 4,000.

LOL at all the rage in this thread over a simple fiction story.

I'd say a lot of people fell for it. :D but then again, he didn't specify to begin with, that it was a dream or fantasy.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban