xdoctor

Anyone else have problems with Jump Shack?

These guys did some work on my rig two years ago. I remember paying for it at the time and thinking, "$#@^ that's a lot of money for batteries!" About a month back they called me up and notified me that I still owe them the money. I have dug all through my records, requested statements from my credit cards and can't find proof that I paid.

Yesterday they called me eight times beginning at 8am (I'm working nights, this is like me calling your home at 2am.)

I've found thier staff to be pushy and rude and will never EVER do business there again. Has anyone else had similar problems with them?
The flying hamster of doom rains coconuts upon your pitiful city.

I've bought 4 rigs from them and never had a problem.

I guess when you say batteries you mean cypres batteries? How much did they charge you? And why are they now calling you 2 years later trying to collect? Who was it who called you yesterday?
Very odd...
Miami

Any thought to this being a scam? Perhaps someone found a receipt or some paperwork with your phone number and enough information for a story line?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Any thought to this being a scam? Perhaps someone found a receipt or some paperwork with your phone number and enough information for a story line?

You might be right since a number of backup tapes have recently been reported missing from several major banks.

I did consider that this might be a scam. I looked into it and these are the people I sent the rig to. God knows I can save my UPS recipts but not my CC bills.

They charged me $359.00 for cypress batteries and to do the 'checkup' on it. That plus $21.00 for some zero p to patch my main comes to $380.00

The real pisser is that I sold that rig last season and bought a new one from someone else.
The flying hamster of doom rains coconuts upon your pitiful city.

They charged me $359.00 for cypress batteries and to do the 'checkup' on it. That plus $21.00 for some zero p to patch my main comes to $380.00

JS's shop rates and cost of parts are usually very good. Did they do any shipping or did they hand the rig to you unassembled -- did that include a reserve I&R --- there must be some missing items???

rm

First, I find it hard to believe a business would wait two years to start bitching about non-payment. I know what I would tell them.

Second, I find it hard to believe they would send it back to you without first securing payment. I can't recall a business ever doing that for me. In my experience, they always insist on a credit card, or a check included when it is shipped to them.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

First off, who did you talk to and why did they call back several times? If you doubt it is a legitimate call, ask the caller their name and tell them you will call them back. That way you know you are talking to someone from Jump Shack and not a scam artist.

I have found everyone at Jump Shack to be extremely friendly and helpful to their customers. How about some more background info on what it was you had done and the circumstances behind them contacting you now?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

JS's shop rates and cost of parts are usually very good. Did they do any shipping or did they hand the rig to you unassembled -- did that include a reserve I&R --- there must be some missing items???

rm

$359 doesn't seem out of line for a 4 year and batteries, especially if JS had to repack the reserve (which they likely would if they hadn't packed it last), apply a patch to the main and foot the bill for getting the rig back to its original owner. Does it?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Xdoctor,
Jump Shack' prices are usally the cheapest in Deland.

By my standards at today's rates:
Remove the Cypres for Shipping $10.00
Shipping and insurance To SSK $15.00
4 Year Check up w/ Batteries $229.00
Return S/H with Insurance $15.00
Re-install Cypress $10.00
Repack Reserve $50.00
Patch Main Canopy $35.00 (small patch)

That totals to #364.00 That is pretty close to the amount that you were charged.
I do not think that is unreasonable!

And if they shipped it to you it would be more.

I would call Nancy at Jumpshack and talk to her on Monday about the payment thing. Also the banks usally will keep records on CC transactions for quite some time.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Jump Shack' prices are usally the cheapest in Deland.

Have to disagree. I'm not saying they are overpriced, but they are not the cheapest, in my experience. If you try you can often get (just as) high quality rigging work done faster, for less.

Chris, The sentence I wrote should have read "one of the Cheapest"...
I was referring to the bigger places like manufacturers.
Yes,you can find cheaper but it usally is from a "Bare Bones" loft.
I would like to know who is cheaper and for what service.

Blue ones,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

I've never had anything except outstanding service from Jumpshack. They are great to work with. especally Nancy.
when I got started in sport, in 1985 I was jumping my NEW vector at Deland and some of threading / stiching in leg strap was getting loose. Talked Bill Booth he said bring it to shop on Monday and he'll fix it. this was a friday afternoon, John Sherman of Jumpshack did the work for me in 5 minutes at no Charge. Never forgot. after buying a Talon I finally went back to a new Racer. Glad I did and the service from Jumpshack has always been great. Can't say that for uninisured RWS. They [RWS] lost my business forever.

requested statements from my credit cards and can't find proof that I paid.

That should settle it for you. If you know you paid by credit card and it never showed up on your card, sounds like you owe them some money. If they never sent your CC slip through, lost it for a couple years, but recently found it (or something wierd like that) yeah they screwed up and its a pain in the ass for you. You still had their money for a couple years, and might not have a legal obligation to pay them now, but I'd pay them if I knew that I hadn't paid them yet.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

i say one of those court shows during the day (might have been People's Court) where a hairdresser sued a lady who hadn't paid for a service from like 2 years prior. What happened is the business didn't put the sale through the credit system correctly and the customer never got charged but the business had a signed receipt so even 2 years later she still had to pay her the money.

Might be bad business but the money is still owed.
Good luck!

According to your previous posts, you were doing static line last year. You posted that you did your 5th on May 2 2004. You also stated (in "help for a newbie") you bought a new Racer with a triathalon 230 in it.
I'm guessing its the used rig you bought in Feb '04 for "1/3" the cost.

No I'm not the best at math but where'd this "2 yrs ago" thing come from?

What gives?
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Yes, I just got a bill from them for something that I paid for over two years ago. Now they have unilaterally decided to change the amount.

Hmm, could the circumstances be just a wee bit different in your situation? Just a thought...
Miami

it sounds like someone went thru past receipts and are billing others then. hmmmmm. that doesnt seem right to me. if a company is just catching errors from 2 years ago, that would make me question there billing practices. so whats to say their not srewing that up too.
2 people both claiming they already paid/ vs 1 company going back threw receipts 2years later. hopefully you have proof. tell them to get f'ed thats bullshit
good luck

but to answer posters q's. ive never dealt with racer. but their customers have a unique loyalty. ive heard alot of positive comments over th few years ive been around.
>