SkyChimp

College Football - BCS National Championship

Let's see, Carolina beat Clemson. UGA beat both Carolina and Ga Tech. No matter who wins in Tampa Georgia can lay claim to the ACC title (not that they'd want it) :)

Bwaaaaa!!!! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Let's see, Carolina beat Clemson. UGA beat both Carolina and Ga Tech. No matter who wins in Tampa Georgia can lay claim to the ACC title (not that they'd want it) :)

hahaha
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

This morning a local Tampa TV news channel had a reporter in Atlanta covering the SEC pre-game. Near the end of the segment they did mention (Oh, by the way) that there was a game in Tampa this weekend.:)

OK, Billy. Tell me.....what exactly is a "Crimson Tide"? Is it the red tide like in the Gulf.....you know...algae excrement? The fish killer? The bane of tourist season at Florida beaches? With a gator someone can say "what is your mascot?" and Gator fans can point to an alligator and say "that badass lizard over there is our mascot!" What do you tell people when they ask that question? Is it laundry detergent with red dye #2 in it? A couple of years ago when the Gators trounced OSU in the BCS, we asked what a Buckeye is. They showed us the inedible nut of the Aesculus glabra. It was obvious they were trying to poison us! Even Ahians eat "fake" Buckeye candy. So, when we ask what is a "Crimson Tide" what are you going to show us? (I know......you are going to say "the team" with the red shirts is the Tide and we will be drowned. So they are their own mascots!) Does Bama have a "mascot" that dresses up like a Crimson Tide and hangs out with the cheerleaders on the sidelines?:)

OK, Billy. Tell me.....what exactly is a "Crimson Tide"?

This explains how the term "Crimson Tide" came into use and how it stuck.

http://www.rolltide.com/trads/why-crimson.html

Alabama's mascot is an elephant, the largest land-walking animal in the world.

While we're on this particular topic, I'm curious how Auburn got around to using their game cry "War Eagle!" I'll have to research it. But basically, the best college football rivalry in the nation is Alabama vs Auburn in terms of fan intensity and passion. If you move to the state of Alabama from outside, it is mandatory that you be asked who are you for, Alabama or Auburn. :S That's how serious a lot of these fans are. Alabama's game cry is "ROLL TIDE!" Auburn's is "WAR EAGLE!" And most of us know that Auburn has a revered tradition of having an eagle fly around Jordan-Hare Stadium before the game starts and land on the 50 yard line where its bait is waiting. Even though I'm an Alabama fan, it's awesome watching their eagles do that show. By the way, Auburn's mascot is a tiger.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

But basically, the best college football rivalry in the nation Alabama is Alabama vs Auburn in terms of fan intensity and passion.

Fixed it for ya.

I do admire your passion though.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I was looking at the injurys for both team. Florida's Emmanuel Moody has an ankle that's looking like it will take him out of today's game. AJ Jones has a knee injury that might have him out as well. That combined with Carlos Dulap's stupid decision to drive drunk isn't going to help the Gators. Bama's injuries are worth noting..... Michael Bowman is out for a knee injury. Mark Ingram and Terry Grant may be out this game but I can't find any confirmation on that. Any thoughts from this???????

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Bwaaaaa!!!! :D:D:D

I was thinking more along the lines of Muahahaha

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

OK, Billy. Tell me.....what exactly is a "Crimson Tide"? Is it the red tide like in the Gulf.....you know...algae excrement? The fish killer? The bane of tourist season at Florida beaches? With a gator someone can say "what is your mascot?" and Gator fans can point to an alligator and say "that badass lizard over there is our mascot!" What do you tell people when they ask that question? Is it laundry detergent with red dye #2 in it?

I like Billy and he and I will have to jump together at the Fitzgerald boogie but this was a BURN and I must laugh. hahahahahaha :D:D:D:D

Run past a row of cheerleaders and pull all the ripcords

If that's what it is then they have a better mascot then Florida :)

OK, Billy. Tell me.....what exactly is a "Crimson Tide"? Is it the red tide like in the Gulf.....you know...algae excrement? The fish killer? The bane of tourist season at Florida beaches? With a gator someone can say "what is your mascot?" and Gator fans can point to an alligator and say "that badass lizard over there is our mascot!" What do you tell people when they ask that question? Is it laundry detergent with red dye #2 in it?

I like Billy and he and I will have to jump together at the Fitzgerald boogie but this was a BURN and I must laugh. hahahahahaha :D:D:D:D

That's how it was intended, but Billy's feathers don't seem to ruffle. :D

This explains how the term "Crimson Tide" came into use and how it stuck.

http://www.rolltide.com/trads/why-crimson.html

Alabama's mascot is an elephant, the largest land-walking animal in the world.

While we're on this particular topic, I'm curious how Auburn got around to using their game cry "War Eagle!" I'll have to research it. But basically, the best college football rivalry in the nation is Alabama vs Auburn in terms of fan intensity and passion. If you move to the state of Alabama from outside, it is mandatory that you be asked who are you for, Alabama or Auburn. :S That's how serious a lot of these fans are. Alabama's game cry is "ROLL TIDE!" Auburn's is "WAR EAGLE!" And most of us know that Auburn has a revered tradition of having an eagle fly around Jordan-Hare Stadium before the game starts and land on the 50 yard line where its bait is waiting. Even though I'm an Alabama fan, it's awesome watching their eagles do that show. By the way, Auburn's mascot is a tiger.

So "Crimson Tide" is more of a descriptive term rather than a mascot. Same with my old HS the Lakeland Dreadnaughts. A school principle in the '20s compared the team to a Dreadnought battleship rolling over opponents and the name stuck.
http://www.lakelandfootball.com/history.html
The school history doesn't mention whether they had a mascot before then. (BTW- with their win last night they are 2 games away from State Champs. The last game, if they get there, will be vs. #1 Nationally ranked St. Thomas Aquinas HS.)

Well now we know what Bama's mascot is......... It's called MARK INGRAM. I'm so disappointed in Florida last night. The defense played like shit and the offense was out of sync. Bama deserved that win last night because they played like Leonidas and the 300.

Well now we know what Bama's mascot is......... It's called MARK INGRAM. I'm so disappointed in Florida last night. The defense played like shit and the offense was out of sync. Bama deserved that win last night because they played like Leonidas and the 300.

Are you suggesting that there was some sort of sporting event last night and that I should have had some interest in it? :):)
Yep! This was the total collapse I was afraid of. The best team did kick butt. Ingram earned the Heisman last night AFAIC. It's gonna be hard to make a case against him after last night. The total absence of tackling and the dropped passes are only excuses. Two touchdowns were just thrown away. They got outplayed every minute of the game. I don't think anyone, including Meyer, really understood the mojo and determination of this Alabama team. The Gators simply were not prepared for this game. These guys looked like pros (except for the Bucs). Texas doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

this guy on espn.com is predicting tcu vs bsu in the fiesta bowl

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/0909

while the idea of 2 undefeated teams playing sound cool, and it will be a good game, is this really the best matchup? will many people outside of the rockies really care about the outcome? are there any other possibilities?

i would like to see tcu play florida and bsu play cincy, but is that likely or even possible?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Texas doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

I seem to recall hearing that four years ago.

I was hoping to see the Huskers win so TCU would've had a chance for the BCS. Florida was outplayed and Meyer didn't prepare for this game. It was simple, stick to the game plan. Dunlap's lack of presence isn't what caused this loss. It's the fact that Florida figured that Bama would play they same way as last year and didn't see the mix up coming like they should have. The Miami Herald is talkinga bout Meyer skipping over to Notre Dame next year. Anyone know anything about this???

Texas doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

I seem to recall hearing that four years ago.

I was hoping to see the Huskers win so TCU would've had a chance for the BCS. Florida was outplayed and Meyer didn't prepare for this game. It was simple, stick to the game plan. Dunlap's lack of presence isn't what caused this loss. It's the fact that Florida figured that Bama would play they same way as last year and didn't see the mix up coming like they should have. The Miami Herald is talkinga bout Meyer skipping over to Notre Dame next year. Anyone know anything about this???

So, it looks like Gators v. Cincy in the Sugar and TCU v. Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl.