SkyChimp

College Football - BCS National Championship

You know what cracks me up? Steve Spurrier complaining that he saw Alabama's place-holder mark the spot with tape for FGs and PATs and then stuff the tape in his pocket afterwards. What the fuck? His team gets shut out of the end zone and he's complaining over a piece of tape? Get real! :S Obviously, he can't stand losing to Alabama. :D

And don't get me started on Lane Kiffin at Tennessee. Oh what the hell. The Vols asked Alabama (the HOME team) if they could wear their orange jerseys for the game this Saturday. Of course Alabama declined, preferring to use their own home jerseys and make the Vols use their road whites. And Kiffin felt he needed to ask the SEC commissioner about it? Eh? Just shut the fuck up, man up, and let the boys play! :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Who SHOULD? If you want the two best teams the game should be between Alabama and Florida.

Who will? It's a toss up for me between Alabama and Florida. Going to come down to who stumbles. Florida damn near blew it yesterday. Would like to see Alabama take it, if for no reason other than I'm a Georgia fan and it is terribly painful to cheer for Florida.

Who will the SEC team play? I'm guessing Texas, but who knows, there is still a lot of season left and a single loss could really turn the polls upside down.

I'm still getting a kick out of seeing Cincinnati on the rise. I went there 95-99 and during that time even homecoming only filled half the stadium (everyone was busy watching Kenyon Martin play basketball, nobody gave a damn about football). I think it would be a joke for them to play for the championship considering their schedule, but if Coach Kelly stays around and they have a few more 10+ win seasons and those seasons include some tougher competitors they may just get there.

Yup! Go Bearcats!

I'm still getting a kick out of seeing Cincinnati on the rise. I went there 95-99 and during that time even homecoming only filled half the stadium (everyone was busy watching Kenyon Martin play basketball, nobody gave a damn about football). I think it would be a joke for them to play for the championship considering their schedule, but if Coach Kelly stays around and they have a few more 10+ win seasons and those seasons include some tougher competitors they may just get there.

Yup! Go Bearcats!

If they play Pitt, I bet Pitt will burst their bubble. I remember when a bad Pitt team knocked West Virginia out of the national championship game a couple of years ago. That was probably what got a 2-loss LSU team in instead, never mind that they needed other pieces to fall in place as well.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think we all know how I voted on this poll!! :P Lets just hope they get their heads out of their asses and they get back to playing some real football!

They better! I want Florida's best when we meet them in the SEC title game, so we can say we beat the best, and not just caught them on a bad day. ;)

I think we all know how I voted on this poll!! :P Lets just hope they get their heads out of their asses and they get back to playing some real football!

Dear Lord........ if Florida plays like they did against Miss State and Georgia plays like they did against LSU, they are in big trouble this weekend in Jacksonville.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Dear Lord........ if Florida plays like they did against Miss State and Georgia plays like they did against LSU, they are in big trouble this weekend in Jacksonville.

Which one? :P FWIW, I have a feeling the Gators will survive. Remember, Georgia's defense is abysmal this year. Can't defend worth a shit against any high powered offenses, or even an average LSU team, who got an assist by the officiating crew at Georgia.

Look at Iowa right now.... the BCS computer loves them.

Yeah, I know... The computers are shit.

If it was me, I'd throw the computers out and put the AP poll back in the BCS computations.

But hey, Iowa is getting it done so far, by the skin of their teeth almost every time, it seems like.

Right now, it appears that Texas and Florida are the two best teams. Iowa just keeps finding ways to win. Alabama started to wear out the last couple of games and have a much needed off week now. We'll see how they handle LSU next Saturday.

Keep an eye on Oregon. They are playing as well as anybody in the country the last 5 weeks, blowing everybody out. And yes, they beat the shit out of Southern Cal to the tune of 47-20! :o

Hey stranger...

That sure was an ugly loss yesterday. Mixed emotions about wanting GA to win. Obviously there is nothing better than beating the Gators, but I really didn't want to see a far inferior Georgia team responsible for sending an SEC team cartwheeling from the top of the polls.

Can't route for the Gators or my family will disown me, but GO SEC!!!
Killing threads since 2004.

Hey stranger...

That sure was an ugly loss yesterday. Mixed emotions about wanting GA to win. Obviously there is nothing better than beating the Gators, but I really didn't want to see a far inferior Georgia team responsible for sending an SEC team cartwheeling from the top of the polls.

Can't route for the Gators or my family will disown me, but GO SEC!!!

Yeah, I can understand that. Oh, will you please tell those dawgs that dressing in black just doesn't work anymore? It only works the first time. I thought they would have learned their lesson after last year's debacle against Alabama. :ph34r:

For that matter, I couldn't believe Tennessee came out with those black jerseys against SC. :S That Kiffin is a nut. :|

That is a cool jersey for your dog!!!!!

Did anyone notice the rankings this week after the games??? Texas moved to #2. I'm not saying they have a cupcake schedule but them passing Alabama in every poll I DO question.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

That is a cool jersey for your dog!!!!!

Did anyone notice the rankings this week after the games??? Texas moved to #2. I'm not saying they have a cupcake schedule but them passing Alabama in every poll I DO question.

They've just been more impressive the last few weeks than Alabama. Yeah, I'm an Alabama fan and hate to see Bama move down, but they had the weekend off, and their offense all but disappeared the past two games with only one touchdown scored in addition to a shitload of field goals. Their defense is still dominating, but with the offense sputtering, the defense got worn down in the 4th quarter against Tennessee.

Big game this Saturday though. #9 LSU comes to T-town. Wish I could watch it. Got to be in Toronto for a wedding. >:(

Florida has it pretty easy until the SEC Championship game. USC is surely out of the BCS now.........

I hope they take the next 4 games seriously and use them to prepare for Bama. (....and run up Tebow's stats:)

They better be serious at South Carolina that's for sure. SC's defense is pretty good. About as good as Ole Miss or Tennessee's, but of course, nowhere near the level of Bama's or Florida's. As long as the Gators don't turn the ball over like they did to Arkansas or Miss State, they'll win handily. Incidentally, Florida had to survive a blocked FG against SC on the final play to preserve their national championship run in 2006. ;)

Florida has it pretty easy until the SEC Championship game. USC is surely out of the BCS now.........

I hope they take the next 4 games seriously and use them to prepare for Bama. (....and run up Tebow's stats:)

Spikes needs to fully recover too.... How about that RILEY COOPER!!!! Who would have known a baseball player would make a great Wide Receiver.

Spikes needs to fully recover too.... How about that RILEY COOPER!!!! Who would have known a baseball player would make a great Wide Receiver.

Yeah, they need to get the injured players back in shape before the Alabama game. Also, I ALWAYS worry about FSU...no matter what the records are during a given season. It's one of those matchups (like Georgia) where anything can happen. Emotions run high and slip-ups happen. I have no problem with baseball players playing football. Back in the early 70's when I lived in Tempe, Arizona the QB for ASU bugged out mid-season and a baseball player stepped up and replaced him......Danny White! ;)

Were you a sundevil?? I lived in Glendale for years.

Well I think that after the Crimson Tide's game on LSU went well, Florida has their work cut out for them. The linebackers need to protect the pocket a bit morefor the Gators. I also noticed Cincinnati is on the rise and they or TCU could takt the #4 spot after this week. Now we just need to see what happens with Texas and Texas A&M.

Were you a sundevil?? I lived in Glendale for years.

Well I think that after the Crimson Tide's game on LSU went well, Florida has their work cut out for them. The linebackers need to protect the pocket a bit morefor the Gators. I also noticed Cincinnati is on the rise and they or TCU could takt the #4 spot after this week. Now we just need to see what happens with Texas and Texas A&M.

I can't claim to be a Sun Devil although I do have some ties to ASU football. I took a couple of classes there as well as at Mesa CC and Scottsdale CC. I had a roommate in Tempe who was a special teams coach for ASU and he also played for the Phoenix Blazers semi-pro team. I hung out with many of the Blazers players and through them I met some of the ASU players including DW. Coincidentally I spent some time in Glendale visiting a girl who was a cheerleader for the Blazers. My main hang-outs were Minder Binders in Scottsdale and Freddies near ASU.

Yep. Neither Florida nor Alabama looked convincingly dominating yesterday. Didn't see the Texas game. Vandy put some high-risk razzle-dazzle type offensive moves on them and I think Florida wasn't prepared for that. It seemed to be working for a time. I think LSU got the shaft with that interception call and I think that took the wind out of them for the rest of the game. They gave Bama a good game. The top 3 teams are getting a lot of pressure and I just get the feeling that one of them is going to break big-time before it's all over.