hcsvader

2010 off to a rough start

This year started off pretty well with me crawling out of a tent very hungover in eloy. After a few more days of jumping we started the 30 hour drive home. Took a little detour to see the hover dam. That was awesome to see and I'm glad I can add it to the places i've been:)
We were just getting back into canada, felt nice to be home finally. We hit some bad weather (whiteout conditions) and got into a pretty bad car accident. Spent the day in the hospital strapped to a board(those things are fucking uncomfortable!) Luckily I didn't break anything. I was sure my ribs were smashed, 2 1/2 weeks later my chest is still sore as hell. I'm off work for at least a month and going to physio everyday. my back and shoulder are pretty messed up.

After the first week this wasn't too bad, once I didn't need lots of drugs to get thru the day. it's been a long time since I just sat around and did nothing. I was getting used to sleeping all day then surfin the web for hours, playing video games and editing all the video I had from last year and of course enjoying lots of beer knowing I don't have to get up at 5am to go to work.

Then yesterday, the day after my birthday, my house gets broken into while I was at physio. Back door was kicked in and pretty much destroyed. Did a good job of tearing the house apart and trashing it. Of course they had to take all the things I've been using to keep myself sane while I'm stuck in the house. My laptops, Xbox and games, my projector for the 10' projection tv (best thing ever for playing COD!!!) stereo dvd players, and even some of my skydiving gear that was in the gear bag they took. (didn't get my rig tho so not a big deal)
The worst part was that they stole all my booze! I really could have used a drink after coming home to find that shit!

Looks like insurance is going to cover everything for replacement value so that's good. But holy hell am I ever bored!!! Fuckers took all my toys.

Only thing left to do is go to the pub and watch the oilers lose....
yup this year is off to a great start:S
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Damn, that sucks. I guess 2010 has nowhere to go but up. Hope you're feeling better soon and that insurance does a quick turnaround on all your toys.

In the meantime, may I suggest you go old school and read a book? Surely they have libraries in Canada? :D That's been about the only good thing about the crappy weather we've had lately - it's given me lots of weekend time to catch up on reading.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You didn't even mention the beer bottle to the back of the head you took on your birthday.

I'm so sorry but I just laughed my ass off when I read that. I think because it caught me so off guard? But... I'm glad you're coming along from the accident. Keep strong!! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

I call BS, people don't get robbed in Canada :D

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

People get robbed wherever I may roam!
Someone should friggin lock you up then>:(

:ph34r::P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dude that sucks! Glad you're ok and not dead though.

We hit those conditions on the way back from Eloye too, just past Idaho Falls. Turned back twenty minutes out of town to spend the night. Good thing we did, I think.

Get better soon!
Oh..and you should cheer for a better team, that way it won't hurt so much to watch them ;)

Ya I'm healing up pretty well. My back and shoulder are still pretty messed up. should be back to work in feb.

On the bright side thingd are working out with my renters insurance. Went to look at some new laptops today. Man its frustrating how much better things are a year after you buy something. Thank god I have good insurance! Gonna end up with an awesome new computer and I get to replace my PC120 handycam with a cx100:)Looks like I'm going to get ti upgrade a few things:)

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)