jimmytavino

People who don't say You're Welcome

... prompted by shahs' post.....

whenever i see a TV interview,,,, be it a news broadcast, or a sports interview, or anything
of that sort.... when it is finished, the anchor person, or the interviewer or whatever, often says to the 'guest'...
" thank You",, and 98 times out of 100 the guest replies,,, " thank you"!!!....
instead of saying "you're welcome".....
which seems to me,, to be the correct response....
hahahaha..
that's been bugging me for a while.....
watch the news,, and you'll see what i mean...

any comments???

jmy

It depends on the intent.

If they are acknowledging the reporters thank you and saying they appreciate it then they should in fact be saying your welcome.

However, many guests are appreciative not of the thanks, but appreciate the opportunity to be on the show. If this is the case then saying thank you is appropriate.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I'm can't stand it when I thank someone and they reply with, "No problem."

That's actually common in quite a number of languages.

Pretty common here in the south, AFAIK, even I say it sometimes.

My girls are being trained to say thank you, you're welcome and please though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>I'm can't stand it when I thank someone and they reply with, "No problem."

Often I say "no worries" just to change it up a bit.

I say "no worries" regularly but I had no idea the "no problem" thing was common in other languages. I guess you learn something new every day. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

That's one that grates my last nerve. I sometimes reply with a smile, "I'm so glad it wasn't a burden! Have a nice day"

Maybe it's just me, but don't you hear the "no problem" exchange between two men more than anything else?
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

That's one that grates my last nerve. I sometimes reply with a smile, "I'm so glad it wasn't a burden! Have a nice day"

No worries.........how does that rub ya?
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

>I'm can't stand it when I thank someone and they reply with, "No problem."

Often I say "no worries" just to change it up a bit.

I say "no worries" regularly but I had no idea the "no problem" thing was common in other languages. I guess you learn something new every day. ;)

Don't forget "De Nada" is (I think) "It's nothing".:o
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My husband always says "no worries" instead of "you're welcome" (typical from Australia). I say it every once in a while too, but for some reason it doesn't sound right coming from me.

But sometimes it seems appropriate to respond to a "thank you" with a "thank you." ;)

any reply is fine if it is said with a smile...:)
remember though ,, i'm talking about TV interviews... not general day to day exchanges among people....Those would be as varied, as there are people///

On Tv,,, and in the news it's Bad enough to have to deal with the time delay factor, in some interviews....it also bugs me when the person is cut off, and after all the BS to set up for the interview, get the person into the studio,, OR set up a 'remote studio"" offsite... cue the cameras , signal the tech staff... have a bunch of behind the scenes folks, wearing headsets and talking into a mic,,,,, !!!:o:S:P then after 30 or 45 Seconds!!!!:):SB|;)
They cut the person off... with " we gotta go to commercial !!!"... hahahah

if it were me,,, i'd say " you're welcome....Thanks for having me".....don't bother me again!!!!:oB|

no real issue and i only posted about it .. cause of shah's thread...;):)and cause i've noticed it, alot lately...

thank you...

j

Well that's just being a cow, "No Problem" is just as acceptable as any other polite response.

If someone replied with your response I'd counter with "Go fuck yourself"
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'll try this again...seems someone found my last post objectionable

If you replied to me with that sort of attitude for me saying politely "no Problem"

I would tell you to go fuck yourself.

A polite reply from someone should not be greeted with factitiousness such as you would display
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'll try this again...seems someone found my last post objectionable

If you replied to me with that sort of attitude for me saying politely "no Problem"

I would tell you to go fuck yourself.

A polite reply from someone should not be greeted with factitiousness such as you would display

I think I would also say "go fuck yourself", up until the point that I was unsure of the intent. One person might just be trying to be quick and witty and another is actually disgusted with your response. Either way I would probably still find the response somewhat comical.

I do still think "no problem" is a male/male thing though. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I can't recall an event that I've said it to a female.

Just earlier tonight I took some beer to a male friends house that is going out of his way to help me learn something. As I was leaving, he said "thanks for the beer" and I said "no problem man". He didn't seem to have an issue with my response.

And if Shah is reading this thread ... I really wouldn't have given a fuck if he didn't say thanks. I still would have felt that my nice gesture was appreciated.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)

I can't stand it when someone greets me with "how are you?". I feel like going into a five minute monologue about my projectile diarrhea and having to have the corns scraped off my feet.

I'm kidding.:ph34r:

"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

My husband always says "no worries" instead of "you're welcome" (typical from Australia). I say it every once in a while too, but for some reason it doesn't sound right coming from me.

I just about always reply to a "thank you" with "no worries". I have no idea where I picked it up, I'm Canadian.

I just about always reply to a "thank you" with "no worries". I have no idea where I picked it up, I'm Canadian.

Dammit ... I wish I was Canadian. You guys are much nicer than us United States citizens.

I don't know ... Road Rage homicide isn't an everyday happening in the US and we have a shit load of traffic in some areas.

Is that the Canadian secret? Much more difficult to legally carry a firearm?

I still think you guys are way more polite and considerate of others.