millertime24

Neat car..

Recession? What recession?
So, it seems that this "global recession"
has not impacted negatively on everyone.
Check this out!
It's a Mercedes Benz owned by an Abu Dhabi oil billionaire (naturally).

Featuring the newly developed V10 quad turbo with 1,600 horsepower and 2800nm of torque 0-100km/h in less than 2secs, 1/4 mile in 6.89 secs running on biofuel..

That is NOT stainless steel, people, it is WHITE GOLD!
I'm sure you'll sleep better tonight, knowing that the exorbitant dollars you're paying for gas these days are at least going to a good cause...
Muff #5048

I'm sure you'll sleep better tonight, knowing that the exorbitant dollars you're paying for gas these days are at least going to a good cause...

That there is a pretty car... and by the way WHEN you do start paying exorbotant $ for your fuel over there - you'll know it and then you can start moaning:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

That there is a pretty car... and by the way WHEN you do start paying exorbotant $ for your fuel over there - you'll know it and then you can start moaning:S

Our prices only stay as good as they are, because we also "produce" oil, I'm pretty sure you have to buy every drop in the UK!

Recession? What recession?
So, it seems that this "global recession"
has not impacted negatively on everyone.
Check this out!
It's a Mercedes Benz owned by an Abu Dhabi oil billionaire (naturally).

Featuring the newly developed V10 quad turbo with 1,600 horsepower and 2800nm of torque 0-100km/h in less than 2secs, 1/4 mile in 6.89 secs running on biofuel..

That is NOT stainless steel, people, it is WHITE GOLD!

Good on him. If you have the money, spend it. You can't take it with you and you're that rich, your family is well taken care of.

That part of the world loves the bling in a big way.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Even the normal version of this car is bad ass. But this one is obviously customized to be extra bad ass. Too bad the owner of the car likely does not have the skill or experiences to drive this car remotely close to it's limits. Where is Michael Schumacher when you need him? Oh probably in Germany getting ready to drive a different Mercedes powered car in the 2010 Formula One season. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Even the normal version of this car is bad ass. But this one is obviously customized to be extra bad ass. Too bad the owner of the car likely does not have the skill or experiences to drive this car remotely close to it's limits. Where is Michael Schumacher when you need him? Oh probably in Germany getting ready to drive a different Mercedes powered car in the 2010 Formula One season. :ph34r:

I was wondering what the effect of the softness/weight of the gold would have on the overall performance of the car.
Muff #5048

I honestly think Schumacher is going to wish he stayed in bed when it's all done...:P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I honestly think Schumacher is going to wish he stayed in bed when it's all done...

I am betting it's going to be a good year in F1.

Button and Hamilton at McLaren
Schumacher and Rosberg at Mercedes
Vettel and Webber at Red Bull
Massa and Alonso at Ferrari
plus all the other teams ...

yes Schumacher may wished he stayed in bed.

But he's still more qualified to drive the car inspired by this thread than it's owner. :ph34r:

I was wondering what the effect of the softness/weight of the gold would have on the overall performance of the car.

I am sure in 20 years from now we will look at the odometer and it will likely read under 100 miles. It is amazing how much money some people will spend these days on items that sit still doing nothing. But hey if you got it, you might as well flaunt it.

I beat Haiti

You beat Haiti? You are a monster ... won't anyone please think of the children. :ph34r:

BTW ... plenty of money has been pledged to Haiti. The challenge now is can this money be actually spent rebuilding the country or will corrupt people begin stealing from the donated money. :P

I thought Ferrari and McLaren pulled out of F1 last year because of all the stupid rule changes. I remember hearing something about that at the end of last year.

-------------------------------------------------------
I just found this on the internet...

Ferrari have announced they are to withdraw from Formula One next season unless the FIA scraps plans to introduce a £40million budget cap.

The Italian team claim they will pull out of the sport because of an ongoing dispute with the governing body over its plans to introduce a limit to team spending from next season. Ferrari claim the changes violate the terms of a 2005 contract they signed committing themselves to the championship until the end of 2012, terms that include a “right of veto” on any technical regulation change.

I thought Ferrari and McLaren pulled out of F1 last year because of all the stupid rule changes. I remember hearing something about that at the end of last year.

Nope ... they threatened to create their own racing circuit, but it was all talk.

Our prices only stay as good as they are, because we also "produce" oil, I'm pretty sure you have to buy every drop in the UK!

No.

Wholesale gasoline costs about the same in both countries, with the February 2010 US prices ranging from $1.75 to $1.85 a gallon while theirs are 32p per liter which is the same $1.85 a gallon.

Our prices are as good as they are because our government does not yet tax it as heavily for social engineering purposes.

The UK gas tax is .5619 pounds per liter which is $3.23 a gallon at current exchange rates. Then they apply a 15% Value Added Tax on top of the whole thing, which at current retail prices of $6.51 is $.98 a gallon for $4.21 a gallon in taxes.

US federal gas taxes are only $.272 a gallon, with a state average of 18.4 cents making the average $.456 a gallon.

After taxes has been subtracted the average UK retail to wholesale spread is $.45 a gallon versus $.35 in the US, probably because high costs of doing business make everything more expensive.

Biofuel? Do you mean alcohol or biodiesel?

NO WAY it cuts a 6.89 in the quarter. No way. It might have the hp, but that isn't enough. Sweet car though. If someone crashes it, the pieces are going to disappear faster than you can blink. I also wonder what insurance is costing him hahaha

I was thinking the same thing. The basic hp/weight ratio may be ok, but the chassis/tire/aero combo is way off the mark.
VERY sweet ride regardless. B|
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.