chaoskitty

Bounce dreams

So I had my first bounce dream last night. I was leading a tracking dive on my back, Yardhippie was right above me, making 'haha I caught you' faces, so I stretched out to get more drive and I screwed up and de-arched and the ground was suddenly under me. But I didnt die. It just hurt. And I didnt get up because I thought if I did then I would find out I was dead.. but I wasn't. And then I woke up.

Anyone else bounce in their sleep?

So I had my first bounce dream last night. I was leading a tracking dive on my back, Yardhippie was right above me, making 'haha I caught you' faces, so I stretched out to get more drive and I screwed up and de-arched and the ground was suddenly under me. But I didnt die. It just hurt. And I didnt get up because I thought if I did then I would find out I was dead.. but I wasn't. And then I woke up.

Just go buy a pair of side-rails from a hospital-supply store, and you will quit falling out of bed in your sleep.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You've been around here long enough to read how common these dreams are. :S I've posted on the subject a few times. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

My bad skydiving dreams are more about the plane crashing and everyone dead and blood everywhere.

:S

Or there's something wrong with my gear and I can't jump it, and then I can't jump at all, and I'm getting frusttrated.

I also had some weird ones in the beginning where I was falling out of a plane, and it wasn't unpleasant at all, it was nice, and I was wondering why I wasn't scared.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Nah I never bounce.. I just have to do a backflip at just the right instant.. and VOILA.. a standup right ther ein the Peas.

Funny, the same sort of thing seems to always work for the Road Runner, but never for Wiley E Coyote...

You must be the Road Runner then. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ohhh so now you're calling me out as a newbie AND being the re-post police?? :P;)

Looks like he's trying his hand at multi tasking.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I never dream...

Well, i'm sure I must, I just never remember them. Glad I don't have any of these anyway...
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I dream about generic fabric softener sheets myself.

- the Snuggle bear scares me. :o[:/]

About the bounce dreams though... I've had dreams where something happened to my main and I couldn't pull or reach my reserve handles. I remember seeing the ground rush in my dream... but didn't die. I have VERY vivid dreams and can even now remember the adrenilin rush and sensation of dread.

I just woke up from this dream so I'm putting it down for posterity.

Note to start, that I do not know how to freefly.

I was doing a freefly jump with a group of friends. It was getting twilight and everything was really hard to see.
I went to sleep during the dive except that I was aware of my body position. I was on my back in a semi sit. I finally woke up and didn't see anyone around, so I go into a full sit, do a 360, scan the sky for everyone, and I'm alone.
I glance at my altimeter, knowing that it has a glowface, but I can't see it. The lens is cracked and obscure, like a piece of clear plastic which has been lying in the sun too long.
Finally, the light hits it just right, and the dial reads like a clock. The little hand is on the two and the big hand is bouncing on the six. I realize that it's broken, so I reach back and throw out my pilot chute.
I am waiting for that welcome relief of feeling a chute over my head and......nothing.
I look down and I'm standing on the ground with a bright orange pilot chute lying beside me.
I pick it up, refold it, put in the pouch and start walking around the dz telling everyone," You're not going to believe this."

I have had several after my first reserve aka close call.
It didn't happen every night, but occasionally I would find myself back up in the air and pulling a few seconds later, or pulling to no effect.
I'd wake up before hitting the ground, though.

These dreams lasted about a month - the time I needed to recover from a hurt ankle.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Its quite normal with the bounce-dreams. I have one every 6 months on average. Sometimes two or more within short time-span.
I have dreamed Ive hooked in some times, but mostly I just dream of a no-pull. Something I would never do. But in my dream I just kinda "run out of time"... Not doing anything about it at first and then realizing as I crash in, that its now too late.
The dreams are leftovers. Bi-products of the process of sorting days events and thoughts. You subconsciously have already boxed whatever info you needed, before the dream is made. So it just image-reflections, and not important messages. Most often you will find that bounce-dreams (also the non-skydiving related type of crash-and-burn) tends to be uncomplicated, out of context and without logic.

My bounced dream I had last night has me pretty shook up.

I've seen a lot in the short time I've been in this sport....the first 6 months were by far the worst. I had the some of the best days of my life with all who were on N430A. I had just consoled the sister of Brad Cella (Alaska jumper who had a stroke under canopy at my home dz). As horrible as this sounds....nothing shook me up or made me doubt, as much as this DREAM that I had last night.

It was an AFF student, who I don't know, doing a coach jump with my best friend in this sport. The AFF student decided not to pull. He had crossed his arms around his chest. My friend tried to pull for him to no avail. The AFF student did this, in my dream, in front of his parents. He was looking at his dad when he went in. The aftermath was horrible. The horror of his parents was unbelievable.

I'm up and can't sleep tonight for fear of the dream continuing or coming back. I have become uncurrent over winter.....I'm sure that's a lot of the fear. But unlike the "normal" bounce dreams I've had (gotta love crashing into a Mexican hut and walking away with two beers!) I can't shake this one.

Well my Mexican hut dreams I always stand up those bounces! Hell I walk away with beers!

This one was just disturbing....I think its a mix of how graphic it was in my dream. The fact I didn't look away. The reaction of the parents.

I'd much rather have my Mexican hut dreams any day of the week!

ive never had a bounce dream. i ahve ahd a couple where the reserve has taken a ridiclously long time time to open but i still hit the ground softly. hmm i had one where i was properly freaked out though. i was in the plane without a rig and had absolutely no intention of jumping- just taking photos!!! after the last person left and just bailed out. could feel myself falling for about 2 seconds and then woke up in a cold sweat and said to myself out loud- im stil alive :S
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

The last one I had ,I hit,got up, took my rig off and sat in the landing area trying to figure out why it would not open. The I walked into the hanger all happy that I didn't have to pack.

:D:D:D
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

No, but I did have this one just a few days ago:
A few of us were standing aroung in the parking lot at the dz when I look up and see a guy flying in with a wingsuit. He softly lands on his belly right in the middle of us, then gets up and walks away. Made it look easy. Somebody said: 'Wow, Jeb is gonna be pissed.'
But what do I know?