bertusgeert

I-Phone, should I buy?

So my old Go-Phone with 2 yr contract expired last Nov., and i'm looking to upgrade.

Should I buy the $99 3G,
the $199 3GS (16GB),
the $299 3GS (32MB),
or should I wait for the 4G (this summer?), see how it compares, and if I don't like it then buy what will then be a cheaper 3GS?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

first off i LOVE my iphone. but i got the 3g. looking back id totally go for the 3gs, since i put ALOT of music and stuff on it. id recommend at least a 3g, but if it were me the S version :D
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

get the 3gs, i absolutly love mine, wouldnt trade it for any other phone, its a computer, video camera, sound recorder, music device, gps, alarm clock. damn near does whatever you want. you can even unlock it and not have to pay the lousy data plan fee. craigslist is the cheapest place to get one if you dont want a contract
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

So my old Go-Phone with 2 yr contract expired last Nov., and i'm looking to upgrade.

Should I buy the $99 3G,
the $199 3GS (16GB),
the $299 3GS (32MB),
or should I wait for the 4G (this summer?), see how it compares, and if I don't like it then buy what will then be a cheaper 3GS?

AT&T won't have 4G (LTE) out this year. Rumors of a VZW iPhone running on 4G have been bouncing all over the place, but usually this close to the game there have been more tangible leaks/photos, etc.

If you're looking to stay with AT&T, the iPhone has plenty of features. If you're in any major city (NY, Chicago, SF, LA), consider your choice carefully. AT&T has some Android devices on the way (the Motorola Backflip is getting a lot of attention, the HTC Hero). Off contract is a good time to shop around all the carriers.

If you're set with the iPhone, I'd go with the 32GB 3GS.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

AT&T won't have 4G (LTE) out this year. Rumors of a VZW iPhone running on 4G have been bouncing all over the place, but usually this close to the game there have been more tangible leaks/photos, etc.

A VZW iPhone? Now even I would check that out!:)

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

They're hopeful rumors. With VZWs announcement with Skype last week, I don't think VZW is teaming with Apple any time soon. If they do, it won't be on Apple's terms.
Make light!

They're hopeful rumors. With VZWs announcement with Skype last week, I don't think VZW is teaming with Apple any time soon. If they do, it won't be on Apple's terms.

If I'm wrong please correct me but the reason why they went with AT&T in the first place because they were the only carrier willing to put up with Apple's rigid terms. Originally they were having negotiations with VZW...but they weren't about to be shafted...:ph34r:

Julia got an iPhone furnished by her work. On day two she dropped it and the glass shattered. On day three work replaced it with a new one whereupon we found the phone coverage blew chunks. And it's not like we're in Podunk, USA, we're in Los Angeles! A few weeks later, the final verdict is very cool and very worthless . . .

Go Droid and be happy!

NickD :)

If I'm wrong please correct me but the reason why they went with AT&T in the first place because they were the only carrier willing to put up with Apple's rigid terms. Originally they were having negotiations with VZW...but they weren't about to be shafted...:ph34r:

Essentially correct, VZW could not/would not let Apple play as active a role as they do with AT&T. Some would argue it was to VZWs detriment, but their subscriber rates have more or less kept up with AT&Ts. There were also concerns about the equipment costs, even heavily subsidized it wasn't fitting VZWs model. AT&T and Apple can have and keep each other for all I care. :P
Make light!

Should I buy the $99 3G,
the $199 3GS (16GB),
the $299 3GS (32MB),

Here's the skinny of it:

If you just want an Iphone and dont give a shit about speed then get the standard Iphone.

Once you get into the 3GS you're talking about faster speed but how much memory are you willing to pay for? I have a 3GS 32Gb Because I have a SHITLOAD of music to put on it as well as my Itouch as well as my Nano (no repeating artist BTW).

Ok. Whats cheaper with similar functions? The Solstice is about the closest thing you can buy to an Iphone but without the crazy price tag. You will not have access to Apple apps, You will have to buy a memory card to put media on the phone (pretty pricey). Other than that you can get pretty much the same thing, although I cant attest to the Solstice internet speed as I havent tried it.

Bottom line:

Spend the bucks to get the Iphone 3GS with the memory you can afford and you will be VERY happy with it. The GPS and apps alone make it worth the money.
Muff #5048

first off i LOVE my iphone. but i got the 3g. looking back id totally go for the 3gs, since i put ALOT of music and stuff on it. id recommend at least a 3g, but if it were me the S version :D

I stopped using mine for an mp3 player when I drained the battery one too many times. I have no idea how in the hell you pull it off talking the 20 million minutes a month that you do. B|
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Go Droid and be happy!

+100

Had my Droid now for 3 weeks and am extremely happy with it's capabilities. VZW coverage is a lot better than what I had previously as well.

I read so many bad reviews on the droid on VZW.com, that I'm just going to stick to my BlackBerry for now. Also, I was never a fan of Motorolla.

I had a Motorola Startac several years ago. That phone kicked ass!

HA!

I've still got one. I've had it since 2000 (really).:$

It still works great. Although the battery is starting to go. It won't hold a charge as long as it used to.:(

It makes and receives phone calls.

And that's it.:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Go Droid and be happy!

+100

Had my Droid now for 3 weeks and am extremely happy with it's capabilities. VZW coverage is a lot better than what I had previously as well.

I read so many bad reviews on the droid on VZW.com, that I'm just going to stick to my BlackBerry for now. Also, I was never a fan of Motorolla.

Send us your BB PIN, and you can join us in BBM, and on the DZ.com BBM Group.... it's fun fun fun!! B|
Make light!

Go Droid and be happy!

+100

Send us your BB PIN, and you can join us in BBM, and on the DZ.com BBM Group.... it's fun fun fun!! B|
Yep. The more chicks in there the better! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Refurb will save me $50 - is this a risk worth taking?

No.

...but I'm not objective either.
Make light!