Shotgun

Animal Style

So I had my first "animal style" burger from In-N-Out today, and now I'm wondering why it is called that. The only noticeable difference was that they grilled the onions and added pickles, and I don't see anything very "animal" about that, so how did it get that name?

(As you can see, I am pondering life's important questions today.)

. . . I don't see anything very "animal" about that, so how did it get that name?

Would be a great question to as one of their corporate marketing people, but it's been that way for as long as I can remember.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The only animal style I'm familiar with is 'doggie style', but that doesn't seem relevant here.

Well, it does seem to have a dirty connotation, especially coming from a place called In-N-Out. But then they put Bible verses on their food wrappers and cups, so I don't know . . .

The only animal style I'm familiar with is 'doggie style', but that doesn't seem relevant here.

Well, it does seem to have a dirty connotation, especially coming from a place called In-N-Out. But then they put Bible verses on their food wrappers and cups, so I don't know . . .

Believe it or not, the company was completely innocent and had no idea about the concept of subtext when the named it back in the 50s. They simply thought it was a good name for a drive through.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Believe it or not, the company was completely innocent and had no idea about the concept of subtext when the named it back in the 50s. They simply thought it was a good name for a drive through.

OK, well, since they named it before "A Clockwork Orange" was written, then I'll believe it was an innocent choice. :P

The burger on an animal style is mustard cooked which gives it a little different flavor. Add regular pickles instead of just the little chopped ones in the spread and grilled onions. Also add extra spread which makes it messy = "animal" style.
Ordering, "animal style" is just an easy way to not have to add to the burger.

Yum yum! Think I'll go get that for dinner. :)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The burger on an animal style is mustard cooked which gives it a little different flavor. Add regular pickles instead of just the little chopped ones in the spread and grilled onions. Also add extra spread which makes it messy = "animal" style.
Ordering, "animal style" is just an easy way to not have to add to the burger.

Yum yum! Think I'll go get that for dinner. :)

I've been waiting for you to turn up here:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The burger on an animal style is mustard cooked which gives it a little different flavor.

That's what their website said, but it didn't taste mustardy to me. I'd probably like it better with mustard in place of the spread. But then I guess it wouldn't be animal style, if you're right about the messy spread being the "animal" part.

And BIGUN: I looked at wikipedia before I posted on here, but it didn't answer my question. However, it did explain the crossed palm trees at some of their locations, which I had wondered about before. :)

Damn it. I am 1650 miles from the closest In N Out and I want it for dinner. DAMN DAMN DAMN

It wasn't really all that good. :P

Yes it was.

I love the animal style fries!

grrrr, now I want In n Out!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

So I had my first "animal style" burger from In-N-Out today, and now I'm wondering why it is called that. The only noticeable difference was that they grilled the onions and added pickles, and I don't see anything very "animal" about that, so how did it get that name?

(As you can see, I am pondering life's important questions today.)

Ohhhhhhhh, I thought you meant these freaks..they actually get together for orgies too!:o
http://www.furryweekend.com/

OK, well, since they named it before "A Clockwork Orange" was written, then I'll believe it was an innocent choice. :P

Thats one of my favorite movies.. My friends tell me Im a little messed up for that.

Also I too thought this was going to be about sex. and now I want In-N-Out...