Ketia0

You just cant make this up!!

In a bar with about 19 skydivers ranging from 50 jumps to 5000.

Random guy begins talking to skydiving girl who at the time had around 70 jumps. He begins to tell her the usual story about jumping at some airport, then the next jump was on a snowboard.... etc.

Skydiving Girl: Hey Tim, this guy is a skydiver and has funny stories. :)

Me: yeah, nice to meet you where did you jump?

Bar Dude. That airport at Morgan Hill. (not a dropzone by the way)

Me: Sweet, how many jumps? How'd you learn?

Bar Dude: My uncle gave me a parachute to use and told me how to use it. It was a blast... The next one I took a snowboard out. That was pretty fun but scary.

Me: You do know you're standing in a room full of skydivers right?

Bar Dude: Yep!

(Normally I just let them go on but I decided to spare the guy)

Me: You're cracking me up! Right now we still like you. None of what you said happened.

Bar Dude: But it did

Me: Stop now and I'll buy you another beer. I'm an instructor. Everyone in your view has 50 jumps to many thousands so I promise you are not going to impress the ladies here :)

Want a drink or not?

Bar Dude: Sure why not... sorry.
-------------------------------------
I've run into so many people who tried to convince me about their skydiving escapades. Another person jumped with his mom, (also in Morgan Hill) who had 150 jumps, she just gave him a rig and off they went.... and the stories grew.

Mostly I don't really care. Sometimes I'll mention I jump, sometimes I won't.

It can be entertaining.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I'm not sure I would have had the patience to hear him out.. I probably would have said he was full of shit and left it at that.. Pretty funny, though!!

I once had a guy on a flight try to chat me up.. He started talking about how he was a skydiver and had jumped like all over the world.. I thought that was cool and I asked him what he jumped and he said, "well, airplanes, mostly".. I'm like: "no.. what parachute?" And he said, "you know, the ones professionals use".. Or something equally lame - he obviously didn't have a clue. I'm not sure he had ever even done a tandem..

I had only a few jumps to my name but I just thought he was such a knob. I said "cool", picked up my book and read for the rest of the flight. Reckoned if his opening line was complete bullshit, what was the point in engaging in further conversation?!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Reckoned if his opening line was complete bullshit, what was the point in engaging in further conversation?!

That's probably the reason you're single. In most cases, the best bull-shit artist gets the most tail. :S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Does anyone remember that story of the fake who said he and a buddy were passing a football back and forth while flying wingsuits at 20,000'? That one had me laughing pretty hard. Also, the first time someone gives me a load of bullshit like that do I owe them beer or is it the other way around?
I'll be whatever I want to do!

Reckoned if his opening line was complete bullshit, what was the point in engaging in further conversation?!

That's probably the reason you're single. In most cases, the best bull-shit artist gets the most tail. :S

I'm not single.. The Frenchman charmed his way back into the good books :P He said those magical words: "you have to risk heartbreak when it comes to love".. And I'm like.. "Who said anything about love?!" He answered: "I just did". :$:)

Edit: Ah ha ha!! I just realised how funny my statement looks next to yours!! :D:D Well, if he's a bull-shit artist, he's a damn good one :ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm not single.. The Frenchman charmed his way back into the good books :P He said those magical words: "you have to risk heartbreak when it comes to love".. And I'm like.. "Who said anything about love?!" He answered: "I just did". :$:)

Edit: Ah ha ha!! I just realised how funny my statement looks next to yours!! :D:D Well, if he's a bull-shit artist, he's a damn good one :ph34r:

Successful Bullshitters tend to be good at it, :ph34r::ph34r:
ya get what ya prepare for;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Or the victim wants to be BS-ed.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

like i said you get what you prepare for:ph34r::ph34r:

Dont blame Nat...

He's French... Once he put on the charm, it was unavoidable! We're charming like that... :ph34r:

Oui oui!!! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

like i said you get what you prepare for:ph34r::ph34r:

Dont blame Nat...

He's French... Once he put on the charm, it was unavoidable! We're charming like that... :ph34r:

Oui oui!!! :D:D

careful he will - and he won't clean it up either.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun