Nataly

Do you get on well with your siblings?

I'm just curious.. I'm the middle child - I have an older brother and a younger sister. We're pretty neutral - not in a good or bad way.. We just don't seem to have much in common somehow, which is weird in a way since we grew up in the same house and had the same upbringing!!

I've always wondered what it is that makes families work or not work.. All of my friends seem to have good relationships with their families.. Yet from lots of stories I hear it seems like dysfunctional families are the norm..

What about people on here? Love your siblings? Hate them? Feel indifferent about them?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'm just curious.. I'm the middle child - I have an older brother and a younger sister. We're pretty neutral - not in a good or bad way.. We just don't seem to have much in common somehow, which is weird in a way since we grew up in the same house and had the same upbringing!!

I've always wondered what it is that makes families work or not work.. All of my friends seem to have good relationships with their families.. Yet from lots of stories I hear it seems like dysfunctional families are the norm..

What about people on here? Love your siblings? Hate them? Feel indifferent about them?

If dysfuntional familes are the norm, are they really dysfuntional? Maybe that's how they are suposed to function. and the other style of family has it all wrong.

My family was non-funtional, booze drugs and prison were the ties that bind:ph34r::ph34r:.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My sister is ten years older than I am and moved out when I was 7. Makes sibling rivalry difficult when you're in different states.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I grew up with a rather unpleasant family life and that put a strain on the relationship with my sister. My sister and i never got along growing up. She was just plain old fashion mean to me. Anything she could do to cause havoc for me she would. Early adulthood we started getting along a bit better and the last 5-10 yrs we get along pretty well. She still has the same "I am always right" attitude and wont listen to anything I say.I have learned to just let it go. We are complete opposites in every aspect of life.

My youngest brother, I adopted so i guess you can say we get along more as parent child than brother sister. He is 9yrs old and i have had him since he was 3.5-4yrs old.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I grew up as the oldest of 4 brothers.

To be quite honest our family relationship is quite screwed up...
Out of my other 3 brothers I only have contact with one of them.

I just don't have anything in common with the other 2 than that we share parents....

I can't say that I'm happy / unhappy about it... Just the way it is...
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

I'm the eldest of 4 (3 boys and a girl). We lost my 'baby' brother to a m/c accident just before his 21st . But all 4 of us got along really well (usual kiddie squables as per usual). We're not close-close but are always there for each other in times of need.B|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I grew up with a rather unpleasant family life and that put a strain on the relationship with my sister. My sister and i never got along growing up. She was just plain old fashion mean to me. Anything she could do to cause havoc for me she would. Early adulthood we started getting along a bit better and the last 5-10 yrs we get along pretty well. She still has the same "I am always right" attitude and wont listen to anything I say.I have learned to just let it go. We are complete opposites in every aspect of life.

Wow.. I'm sorry to hear that about your sister, but it's cool that despite fundamental differences you've worked it out over time.. Is she older or younger?
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm the oldest of 3. I don't get to see them very often but we definatly have a great relationship. Especially when they need help or money:P

Had the 3 of us together for the first time in about 5 years last summer when both of my brothers came thru town. one was on tour with his band and the other was heading to British columbia for work. It was awesome because all 3 of us were living in campervans. We spent the night getting hammered and fucking around. got up in the morning and everyone went thier seperate ways. Were all out doing what we love in life and even though that may take us in different directions we are definatly a solid family. :)

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I'm adopted...my sister is 5 years older and is not. We are not close. We see eachother on the holidays. I fear that when our parents are gone I'll see her rarely.

It's not that we don't like eachother, we're just different and have zero in common.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Wow.. Interesting to see so much variety..

Edit: yeah skype.. How is it that I only discovered this about 2 months ago??!!! It's freakin AWESOME!! :)

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Oldest of 3 boys, Didn't always get along with my two youngers and still struggle sometimes with the youngest. There is a 5 yr age gap between me and the middle and 7 to the youngest. I was out of the house at 20 and haven't lived near home since.
I think me leaving home hurt the youngest most, he idolizes me (not sure why lol) and when I left he felt he lost his big bro... we have always gotten along but the age gap is almost a generation (it feels some days) and sometimes I feel more like a parent type figure than an older bro. However, present time we get along great all 3 of us in fact. We definetly dont get to see eachother much but we facebook, text, and talk as often as we can. I Love my family... functionally disfunctional!
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

I am the youngest.

I have an older sister (8 years older) who has been in and out of prison the last 18 years battling drug addiction. I distanced myself from her about 10 years ago as I was only enabling her, and too freaking co-dependent. I always wish the best for her, but I cannot emotionally connect with her for my own sanity.

I have an older brother (5 years older) - we put the rivalry in sibling rivalry. As adults we began to repair our abusive childhood, but had a falling out. I've spoken to him twice in the past 5 years. Don't miss him, but I do miss my nieces!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I am the oldest of three, Being the only girl and the oldest had good advantages for me, we grew up wrestling every chance we could (it took well into adulthood before they could whip me :P ) Our relationships have varied into adulthood but we always come through with a strong relationship. We don't really have alot in common outside of the fact that we are all married and have children. I don't always agree with their decisions and vice versa but, come on! let live is my philosophy...

interesting topic though :)

"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

I am the youngest.

I have an older sister (8 years older) who has been in and out of prison the last 18 years battling drug addiction. I distanced myself from her about 10 years ago as I was only enabling her, and too freaking co-dependent. I always wish the best for her, but I cannot emotionally connect with her for my own sanity.

I have an older brother (5 years older) - we put the rivalry in sibling rivalry. As adults we began to repair our abusive childhood, but had a falling out. I've spoken to him twice in the past 5 years. Don't miss him, but I do miss my nieces!

g

Wow.. That's tough.. And you're such a positive, lovely person.. I'm sorry to hear that.. [:/]
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Wow.. That's tough.. And you're such a positive, lovely person.. I'm sorry to hear that..

:)
Live, learn, love, laugh!

xoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Growing up, we hated each other in various ages and stages- I was pretty awful to my first brother (middle child)- apparently I didn't like being displaced from my role as queen of the castle/baby of the house (I was like 18 mos when he was born, so my mom would have gotten pregnant when I was only like 9 mos old- as a mama, I cannot IMAGINE that!) When our other brother came along (and as he got a bit older), he and I teamed up against my middle brother since I had always had a grudge against him, but then my middle brother and I also teamed up against the youngest when he was a toddler before he could really have much say in things, and forced him to do crazy stuff like eat paint and color his face with markers and poop in the backyard... yeah we were real nice. But I definitely did have real resentment about having siblings so close together. My youngest brother was also diagnosed with an illness as a child that changed the family dynamic and caused some stress.

I hope to spread my kids apart more- I know they may not be as close growing up, but I want them each to have that "baby time" not feel displaced to soon-- though of course not all kids feel that way, and maybe I am projecting my own experiences onto others.

Either way, now I am 22 almost 23, my middle brother turns 21 tomorrow, and my youngest is 17. I get along really well with the almost-21 year old bro, but don't really relate much to the younger as, well, he's a high school boy lol, and I'm a mother. I think as we both get older and have families the age difference will even out though.
Tandem 4/4. FJC and AFF-2 completed 4/9. Rescheduled AFF-3 and 4 due to winds for this next weekend.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world..."