selbbub78

Computer Error

HELP!!!!

I have this message that turns my windows computer off, and goes to the blue screen stating "Beginning of dump of physical memory"...

The error says KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

What does that mean? Help me???

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Explanation is found HERE

In short... Reinstall the computer..

If the problem comes back after the reinstallation buy a new hard drive.

[ETA]
Does the system start up at all or do you get the blue screen of death every time you start it???
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

What you are encoutering is referred to as the BSOD in IT or the Blue Screen Of Death. I would suggest doing the following. If you have recently installed an application and then you encountered the BSOD, when the computer reboots. press F8 several times and you should see the safe mode screen. Press last known good configuration. If you didn't recently install any apps and this occured, then do as before instructed but attempt to go into 'safe mode'. If you are able to get into safe mode, it will turn the screen black and you will see a list of white letters scroll across your screen. These would be the drivers your computer is loading to enter safe mode. Once in safe mode proceed to start>all programs>accessories>system tools> and then lastly system restore. You should choose a date previously that worked...this date will be in bold, and there will only be so many to choose from. If this works you should be back in business. If you are unable to enter the safe mode console your computer will need to have its operation system reloaded. In retrospect, if you decide to re-up and get windows 7. The is no BSOD in Win 7. Any application that fails you will get a prompt stating what happened and the rest of your apps should be fine. PM Me if you are still having issues.

----------------------------------------------
Edit...when I am referring to pressing the F8 key, I mean directly AFTER your computer reboots you will see a splash screen that you enter into the BIOS. Right after that screen as soon as your computer reboots start pressing F8 and you should see the safe mode menu.

Sorry but if he doesn't know what a BSOD is, he doesn't need a Cray Supercomputer. Besides are you going to set up the RAID array for him with 8 modular blade drives?

----------------------------------------------------------
And I also assume that you'll pay the $17,496.00 just for the box with no added blade racks?

Don't get me wrong as an IT person this makes me cream my pants but this is NOT for your everyday mild computer person....this is balls out flying a VX-39 while swooping it! Not for the faint hearted!

Whilst the BOFH and PFY got irritated at the incompetence of users, they used this to his advantage to further their devious means, mainly using the following tricks:

* Deleting users' files
* Deleting user accounts (by arranging "accidents")
* Lifting raised floor tiles so users (or engineers, or the Boss) fall down
* Electrocuting users (from an over-voltage cattle prod, using nails as fuses, or by other means)
* Locking the machine room and triggering the Halon release
* Trapping them in the elevator
* Slamming their testicles in desk drawers
* Pushing users off the comms riser
* Blackmail, either with real or electronically fabricated evidence
* Putting users on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list
* Destroying systems with etherkillers (power plugs spliced onto a piece of coax cable), or talking users into destroying their own systems.
* Locking them in the airtight tape safe
* Putting laxatives in their food or coffee

The is no BSOD in Win 7.

Um, yes, there certainly is. I saw one yesterday. I'm installing some new machines - 10 of them - with Win 7, and I just ran into a machine with a poltergeist in it. After the first boot-up, it failed and restarted itself a few times. After I thought I had sorted out the issue, I got a BSOD.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD