Andy_Copland

Nascar

Don't doubt it - you can't even spell it right.;)

I tried to watch it, and a 44 hand rifle was smoking in my hand after 5 seconds and i had a graze on my head!

But seriously, its boring.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I had a drunken wrestle with a guy who fought former world champ Matt Hughes, i lost my love for UFC when my arm was almost split in half in 2 seconds.

On the plus side hes a good friend and didnt hurt me :D

Now UFC, is totally different! Two hot, sweaty, muscular guys beating the shit out of each other.... that gets me all sorts of excited!

Just don't expect much intelligence in them. :D
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Don't get it.

It's 43 people encased in 3450 pound robots that bash into each other at 180ish mph and occasionally into walls where the drivers can walk away unharmed.

It's simultaneously immediately relatable by most people because almost every adult in the US drives a car, yet is almost unbelievable since most of the cars people drive would end up killing them if driven in anywhere near the speeds, proximities and g-forces these drivers do.

It's a technological battle of wits, strategy and tactics beyond the comprehension of most, yet is amazingly easy to relate to and understand by the concept of "go fast and turn left."

People look down on it for being "boring" yet I don't know a single person that would turn down the chance to get on the track and turn a single lap at +150 mph.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Pass.

Really. You're telling me that if somebody offered you the chance to hop in one of these cars and take a few hot laps you'd pass it up?

That's just nutty.

I honestly would. Its just not my thing.

Now if we are talking the US airforce taking me up in an F15-E... now we are cooking with petrol...gas....petrol... same thing.

some people would pass up a free skydive to. don't get me wrong I would love to do a few hot laps in a race car. but i'm just saying
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

some people would pass up a free skydive to. don't get me wrong I would love to do a few hot laps in a race car. but i'm just saying

Like I said, nutty.

The skydive thing is fairly understandable. Most people have absolutely nothing to compare that to, whereas most people in the US over the age of 16 have at least driven a car. Certainly 99.9% of them have at least ridden in one.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

[reply

Like I said, nutty.

The skydive thing is fairly understandable. prob not to anyone on this forum though:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Don't get it.

It's 43 people encased in 3450 pound robots that bash into each other at 180ish mph and occasionally into walls where the drivers can walk away unharmed.

It's simultaneously immediately relatable by most people because almost every adult in the US drives a car, yet is almost unbelievable since most of the cars people drive would end up killing them if driven in anywhere near the speeds, proximities and g-forces these drivers do.

It's a technological battle of wits, strategy and tactics beyond the comprehension of most, yet is amazingly easy to relate to and understand by the concept of "go fast and turn left."

People look down on it for being "boring" yet I don't know a single person that would turn down the chance to get on the track and turn a single lap at +150 mph.

I would do it.

BUT i really, really dislike it because of the disgusting inbred rednecks that somehow 'drive' that industry. I would do anything to dis-associate myself with that.

I tried to watch it, and a 44 hand rifle was smoking in my hand after 5 seconds and i had a graze on my head!

We need to work on your aim.:P

I think a lot of Nascar's popularity is due to the personalities involved, and the fans' identification with the drivers. I like various auto racing sports, but rarely watch it on TV. It's a hell of a spectacle when you see it live, though.B|

BUT i really, really dislike it because of the disgusting inbred rednecks that somehow 'drive' that industry.

Hey, you just insulted a lot of my family.>:(

:P

A lot of the drivers are West Coast dudes now. Kasey What's-his-name grew up 20 minutes from where we live in Washington.:P

Pass.

Really. You're telling me that if somebody offered you the chance to hop in one of these cars and take a few hot laps you'd pass it up?

That's just nutty.

I honestly would. Its just not my thing.

Now if we are talking the US airforce taking me up in an F15-E... now we are cooking with petrol...gas....petrol... same thing.

Nope!.... you don't cook with petrol, or gasoline, (well, I suppose you could) ....you cook with gas (propane or natural gas) :)

I never like Nascar until I saw a race in person in Dover, now I am hooked! In fact, we're going to Richmond in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!! Let's go racin' boys .....

Edit: Hi John, say hello to Valinda for me :)

Learn from the past - don't live in it!