banesanura

The R word at the DZ

Has any one had experience at a DZ with refunds?

I've never had to ask for one...but I bought a tandem for my sis...and its been hell to try and get that money back.

We both are moved out of state, and nope...nothing they can do. (so they say)

I'm extremely disappointed in how everything was handled. I don't even want to jump because the thought of it upsets me.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

I tell people to not buy the certificates. I've seen way too many of them time out. Great for the DZ owners, sucks for your friends. Just pay for their jump when they show up on a good weather day. Find out in advance it the jump is refundable if your friend is unable to jump that day. Some DZ's say "No, you can jump next weekend." That doesn't always work when someone is visiting from out of town.[:/]

This one does allow refunds it says on the gift certificate.

Are they a member of the BBB?
If so - you have grounds for lodging a complaint.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The money is gone, I'm done fighting and going through hoops.

I should have just taken her to the farm. Hans knows how to take care of his jumpers. Even the pain in the ass ones.

Do you offer refunds if one of your clients doesn't arrive?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Clients pay at the time of the session.

Cash only.

I've had my times of people now showing up. Nature of the beast. If they don't show up- I don't make money. Its not logical for people to pre-pay electronically. Plus since majority of the clients are married...less paper the better. Which is why cash is always handled.

Appointments are scheduled AT LEAST 24 hours in advanced. All my business policies are completely transparent.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

Now let's think about this;
Considering the pain you have experienced trying to get a refund, perhaps you should add "trying to get a refund" to the menu of services you offer to your clients.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I should have just taken her to the farm. Hans knows how to take care of his jumpers. Even the pain in the ass ones.

Hey sounds like a good fit.. since that is also your specialty:)

No refund policy is not unusual for this type of industry, especially with gift certificates. I've seen it with surf, scuba, and ski lessons as well. It's a gamble gift the buisnesses can do well to skate thru the lean seasons of sports. Always read policies before purchase and know what you're buying. You'll likely find the ones who offer refund also charge more for the service to start with. Like a jump ticket on a cloudy day, ya payz your money and takez your chancez[:/]
Make the time or sell it to a friend...

Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

This one does allow refunds it says on the gift certificate.

If they allow it, hold them to it. :|

Yeah. If the language on the cert specifically and unambiguously says it's refundable, then I'd think it is refundable, as long as there isn't some other factor, like expiration date.

Banesanura- when (I presume) you raised the "refundable" language on the cert with them, on what basis did they say it does not apply?

Would be nice if you have the ability to scan and post the entire certificate legibly on here, so we can look at the language itself. Obviously that's easier for us to assess than a second-hand description of it.

And like one person mentioned, can the Certificate be transferred? In that case, sell it at a loss to recoup some of the money. Like I say, I counsel people not to buy gift certificates, just drag the Birthday Boy or Girl out and pay for the jump when they're signing the waiver.;)

Would be nice if you have the ability to scan and post the entire certificate legibly on here, so we can look at the language itself. Obviously that's easier for us to assess than a second-hand description of it.

Oh No!!!:o

Stop the world, I want off! - We agree.:o

:ph34r::P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun