happythoughts

tanning - the gateway

From the Dept of Retards Who Just Want Their Name In The News...

tanning

No, not tanning your gateway.
Tanning has been identified as a common element among
young people who also use alcohol and drugs.

Indoor tanning among U.S. college students is linked to addiction, anxiety and substance use, according to a study released today.

Researchers polled more than 400 undergraduates ages 18 to 25 in the northeastern U.S, almost half of whom said they used tanning beds.

Really, in the northeast? Tanning beds?
Maybe in... Maine... in winter? Go figure. What a great
time/place to study tanning bed use. :S

Conclusions?

They suggested more study of a short anxiety and depression screening for those who participate in indoor tanning.

The people who got paid to do this study, recommended
that they do another study. Probably just coincidence.

Depression? How about it is overcast for 5 months of the year and cold? Or that they are college students
and under some pressure?

Only since those darned tanning beds were invented
has there been drinking on college campuses.

People should get 25 bound copies of this study and
surround the researchers and thrash them soundly.

Fortunately, no one ever thinks about what they read.
These people will probably get another grant. :S

99% of all heroin users started out drinking milk. Stay away from milk as it leads to heroin addiction.

Ironically, milk and all other dairy products do contain an opiodal substance. Casomorphin. Why do you think babies have such a hard time weaning? The little addicts ...
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

99% of all heroin users started out drinking milk. Stay away from milk as it leads to heroin addiction.

Someone once said (roughly), "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics".

Telling lies for money is no longer the sole province of lawyers.

One of the biggest scams now is sending "studies" out
to several popular websites. The studies are quoted
as facts, but are actually promotional advertisements.

"New study shows the goglsa fruit jelly burns fat without exercise"

The fool and his money are soon separated.

Ironically, milk and all other dairy products do contain an opiodal substance. Casomorphin. Why do you think babies have such a hard time weaning? The little addicts ...

Uhh, does this carry over into adult life? I've always wondered what makes me so attracted to boobies...Just saying...

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Hu...I fake bake in the winter months to counter the dark cold conditions of NJ and that the girls who work there are super sexy! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------
The reason tanning is linked to addictive behavior is because people who tan, indoor or out, are sexy. Sexy people get invited to sexy parties. There are drugs and alcohol at these sexy parties. Cancer will be a part of humanity no matter how many smear campaigns are launched against the industry. Maybe instead of attacking the 'problem' we should cure cancer. Oh but wait- There is no money is CURING is there?

Well if you put it that way! Yes I am sex! :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Hu...I fake bake in the winter months to counter the dark cold conditions of NJ and that the girls who work there are super sexy! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------
The reason tanning is linked to addictive behavior is because people who tan, indoor or out, are sexy. Sexy people get invited to sexy parties. There are drugs and alcohol at these sexy parties. Cancer will be a part of humanity no matter how many smear campaigns are launched against the industry. Maybe instead of attacking the 'problem' we should cure cancer. Oh but wait- There is no money is CURING is there?

Well if you put it that way! Yes I am sex! :)

Who is this Hu person you are always referencing?!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Well I can't speak for any one but my self, but I go to the fake bake for about 5 min per week in the winter months.
The reason being is that my office does not have any windows and I get very depressed with out exposure to some sort of sunlight. And this is close enough.
Second, if I don't get sun I turn yellow....think Homer Simpson yellow!

And the girls who work there are usually very cute :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

because people who tan, indoor or out, are sexy.

Vskydiver is so blonde she can't really tan. She goes from white to burnt with no inbetween.[:/]

She says what's the big deal about getting a tan? All the guys want to do is get to the white parts anyway.:P

Just means she'll age gracefully. She'll have less than half as many wrinkles as other women her age who have tans. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My wife bought a tanning bed three years ago and it's been used perhaps 10 to 15 times during all those years. I personally have very olive skin and am outside alot so I refuse to fake bake because I look like I'm already tan anyways, but I'll take the ol' natural skin cancer tan anyday over a fake one.