k-dubjumps

Phantm jumpsuits are a scam - DON'T ORDER ONE!!

I've been calling since 3:00 PM PST, but no answer. Not even voice mail. Thanks for the support everyone.:)

it is currently just past Midday Eastern Australian Time

I posted a link to this thread on the Australian Skydiver site.
Skysurfer.com.au

Someone will let him know
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've been calling since 3:00 PM PST, but no answer. Not even voice mail. Thanks for the support everyone.:)

Skysurfer.com.au

Awesome! Thank you!
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

funny, i got a rig (self-measured), a reserve from the US in the end as well, and a main from NZ, all kinda seems to fit..

oh, my jumpsuit is from spain, i live in switzerland, does that all combined make me a.) more trustworthy, or b.) an internationl jumper now!?

Yeah, sure, but you and I are pretty standard size dudes. The rig, not to hard to tighten down the leg straps and chest strap a bit. Reserve canopy? Heck, they're a commodity anymore. Canopy fit in the container? Easy arithmetic to figure that. And your jumpsuit? Freefly models, especially with a little extra for slower fall rate, are fairly easy to fit.

A tight fitting RW suit, with booties that need to be within a centimeter or two for proper tensioning and a snug torso that gives just enough when you arch? That's a little trickier, especially if your body size and shape are to either side of the bell curve. I've seen people with unusual body proportions never have a suit fit correctly until Valinda measured them in person. :)
But I'm glad your stuff fits.B|

I wouldn't buy a jumpsuit from any company that I can't reasonably get to in person to be measured and to be able to handle any problems/issues face to face.

I've bought a bunch of suits from these guys in California, Flite Suit, and always had great service. Two of them had to go back for alterations, but they were fixed and returned in less than a week. After that, the one suit lasted for 1000's of jumps, and the other one is still being jumped.

I hear your point though, about face to face dealings, and if you happen to live anywhere near a jumpsuit manufacturer, then I would go with the local company for sure. For evreryone else across the country, just go with long standing, established manufacturers like Flite Suit, Bev or Tony and you'll do fine.

just hope she didn't make that hat... :P

Aww, what's wrong with a little head?[:/]

I didn't say anything about oral sex... ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

[
Next time I order a jumpsuit, I'm going to be camping next to where it's made, and go inside and bug them about it every day until it's done correctly. I've never had so many problems with skydiving gear as with jumpsuits. Granted, the human body is a variable metric, but everyone needs to expect problems with their suit, and account for that ahead of time.

That is exactly why Vskydiver only builds suits for people that can come to the house/shop twice, once for measuring and picking out colors, fabrics and features, and the second time for the final fitting, where she adjusts the bootie tension, checks the fit, and makes any necessary alterations. Her RW suits fit the way an RW suit should. :)

Ohhhh Myyyyy Gawwwddd..I am in love...(OK lust) simply WOW............

Keagels:D:D:D

From Urban Dictionary:

Keagels -
Sexual exercise wherein you penetrate yourself with a doggie toy, then make it go squeak-squeak all day for practice. Variant of kegels.

From Urban Dictionary:

Keagels -
Sexual exercise wherein you penetrate yourself with a doggie toy, then make it go squeak-squeak all day for practice. Variant of kegels.

Duuuude.

Some stuff just can't be unlearned.... :S
Now I need mental bleach.. [:/]
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

From Urban Dictionary:

Keagels -

Duuuude.

Why?

I kinda like that visual;)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

From Urban Dictionary:

Keagels -

Duuuude.

Why?

I kinda like that visual;)
I'm a little disturbed about the "Squeak-Squeak" bit:o:o

:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That is exactly why Vskydiver only builds suits for people that can come to the house/shop twice, once for measuring and picking out colors, fabrics and features, and the second time for the final fitting, where she adjusts the bootie tension, checks the fit, and makes any necessary alterations. Her RW suits fit the way an RW suit should. :)

1 - that's pretty much what my wife tries to insist on - it's a good philosophy - and it only really works if you are local

2 - that attachment is just you showing off....:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that attachment is just you showing off....:D

Okay, next time it will be me in my Vmax jumpsuit. :)

{{visual of John in tight leather......aaaaaahhhhhh}}

no,,, no, what you're doing is fine. We should get V and Skimmer talking sometime - I suspect they'd get along pretty good. Common grumbles and all that.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Skysurfer.com.au

Hey Squeak,

Is there some sort of better business bureau in Australia I can contact?
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3

Hi Karen
I have been in contact with Rob at Phantm, and he has advised me that he can send you through the PayPal invoice for you tonight.
I jump at the same DZ that Rob is at and I can tell you that he is a good person and would not want any bad feelings from his customers. I do know that he is going through a rough spot atm as he has had troubles with his machinist. I actually own a Phantm jumpsuit and love it to bits. I work in the textiles industry, so I am very aware of what to look for in a jumpsuit. Phantm jumpsuits are made of excelent fabrics and are constructed extreamly well. I hope this one incident doesnt give Rob a bad rep.

Hi Karen
I have been in contact with Rob at Phantm, and he has advised me that he can send you through the PayPal invoice for you tonight.
I jump at the same DZ that Rob is at and I can tell you that he is a good person and would not want any bad feelings from his customers. I do know that he is going through a rough spot atm as he has had troubles with his machinist. I actually own a Phantm jumpsuit and love it to bits. I work in the textiles industry, so I am very aware of what to look for in a jumpsuit. Phantm jumpsuits are made of excelent fabrics and are constructed extreamly well. I hope this one incident doesnt give Rob a bad rep.

Enough for me to not want to do business with such lack of response.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Hi Karen

Thanks for contacting Rob and helping to remedy the situation. He has started the payment process on PayPal except that he has issued a payment, not a refund. If I accept the funds I will have to pay a fee to PayPal and I will have to pay taxes on the transaction B|. This ordeal is still going to cost me and yet I got nothing out of it other than a lesson learned. It would be much appreciative if you could please advise Rob to contact me himself and take care of the transaction properly.

I'm sorry Rob may be having a hard time, but fact of the matter is he told me he issued a refund when it is very apparent he did no such thing. In my book, there is NO excuse for such a thing. It is extremely bad form on his part and a very good reason to give is new company a bad name.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3

This ordeal is still going to cost me and yet I got nothing out of it other than a lesson learned.

the rest of us got lesson's learned from this ordeal

1 - caution in buying from someone not local
2 - active communication is a great thing for vendors to practice
3 - don't mess with K-dub :D