lippy

Weekend Numbers May 8-9 2010

0:6:0

Only 1 good day of jumping here due to weather....

5 tandems
1 tandem video
11 tandem pack jobs, I was tired....

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

1:6::|
6 freefly jumps with good friends

I wedding celebration for 2 of our firends who eloped in Vanuatu last weekend, and i helped with the wedding cake and cellar-brations this week. Nice one Kris and Dunc:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

0:6:0

Only 1 good day of jumping here due to weather....

5 tandems
1 tandem video
11 tandem pack jobs, I was tired....

0:3:0

3 tandems and packed my own.

Next weekend Jeremy I say we hold Charlie down and kick his ass for not packing.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

:)
Still on the mend, plus I'm having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow afternoon.:S:D So gimme another 5 weeks or so. :)
I did swing by the DZ yesterday and said "Hi" to all. I sure miss all my friends out there. Thanks for the hugs everyone. Kelly and Genivieve Farrington were there with their beautiful new baby boy, Kyle. He's as handsome and well made as an Infinity rig, of course.;)

I was pleased when the DZ manifest came up and asked if I wanted to do a Level I AFF. :)When I told Valinda about it later she said "Are you sure they meant with you as the instructor?"
Ouch![:/]:D:D:D

It's been awhile since I replied to these threads...

0:3:0

Celebrated my 4th Skyversary on Wednesday. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate for me to jump on Wednesday, Friday or Saturday, and my sinuses limited me to 3 jumps today. But damn, this is the best sport ever!

0:6::D

Fun weekend. Tried another CRW jump and realized I need shorter risers for the rig I bought to use for CRW. I couldn't reach the front riser dive loops. Jumped for the first time at Snake River Skydiving in Twin Falls, ID. Fun place and fun people..

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

:|:10:1

Some great 5-ways and i did my first wingsuit rodeo! Thank you DON321! What a kick in the pants:)
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

:(:4:0

Absolutely the shittiest day of jumping I've had.
1st ff I just sat filming Dan nailing his sit.
2nd ff two of us did Simon Bones drill of trying to pass a pull up cord between hands in a sit. (flying a sit w/o arms). Unstable the whole time.

I started feeling like something was not right with me but did a 3rd which was a solo with a HD exit. F'ed it up and was on my back staring at the plane, transitioned to sit and cartwheeled to HD but felt like I was fighting it with my torso.

I said I was done but my FF partner gave me the don't be a pussy thing and I went up on the last load. 3 way and for whatever reason, I corked out of my sit. It's been like 200 since I corked except for the earlier drill that day. I got to my back immediately and came back on level. The spot was way long and barely made it back.

One crappy day in the books. I felt progressively worse on Sunday and am sick with something today.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

0:10:3

Did my 1st naked jump on my 100th skydive and got my B-license all on Friday.

Lots of awesome jumps and an amazing view of the half-set sun.

Oh, and it's a good idea to STAND up the naked skydives -- Grass + Ass didn't work out so well for me.

~Gav
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21