TrophyHusband

is there an easy way to get a siphon started?

Yea cause those electric cars tow 5th wheel trailers so well. And all them electric access points on most highways would be so much easier than them dang gas stations.............Dont even get me started on the 200 miles you can get out of a charge.... Ignorant fucking hippies sure thought of it all:S>:(

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Yea cause those electric cars tow 5th wheel trailers so well. And all them electric access points on most highways would be so much easier than them dang gas stations.............Dont even get me started on the 200 miles you can get out of a change.... Ignorant fucking hippies sure thought of it all:S>:(

ROFL.....:ph34r:

Yea cause those electric cars tow 5th wheel trailers so well. And all them electric access points on most highways would be so much easier than them dang gas stations.............Dont even get me started on the 200 miles you can get out of a change.... Ignorant fucking hippies sure thought of it all:S>:(

ROFL.....:ph34r:
X2:ph34r::ph34r:

but you really have it all wrong, us power companies need more money, we love the hippies and go-gooders
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

This thread is becoming a commercial for electric vehicles.

i think it will be a while before an electric truck can pull my fifth wheel across the country, but this guy did some cool shit to the electrical system of his trailer.

http://jolu-solar-jolublogspotcom.blogspot.com/

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I haven't tried it (:P) but you could try cutting the tip off a turkey baster and using it (i.e. ram the now-sharpened tip into the end of the hose). I'm not sure how many fills a turkey baster bulb would be good for, though. But don't gas cans have nozzles on them that let you pour?

Wendy P.

Wendy is right, and there is actually a hand pump on top of a baster kinda thingy just for doing this. I saw one at Lowes or Menards by the heater fuel. 5 bucks.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I have been back & forth across the country many times pulling large 5th wheels. For years I thot I needed the extra fuel & carried a 50 gal tank with an electric pump. It's true you can extend your range, however it makes a long day & you usually have to fill up once each day. The best part is that you can plan your fillups in states that are cheaper, but think of the extra fuel you use as you lug that weight around. I got rid of the tank a few years ago & secured a couple of plastic 5 gal jugs in the bed for emergencies. Guess what, I never had to use them. From my experience fooling with deisel fuel with anything but an auto pump is dirty & smelly. If you plan to use a siphon, it is also slow. Check out Flying J truck stops along your route. There are many in the east (until you pass N.J.) and the southwest, and they cater to RVers. Having said all that I don't travel with young kids, so good luck.

Unless you have a monster bladder and a drive partner, (yep we have switched rivers while on teh road in the RV) But,

WTF? just make stops, Hell, that is where some of the best part of trips happen, especially for kids...They don't like being in a fuckin Box all day!

After swallowing numerous ounces of gasoline, I started wrapping a plastic bag around the hose, and pressurizing the tank, by blowing into it, instead of sucking...Of course, if the tank is 3/4 empty, that's alot of wind...Just get a clear plastic hose, 1/2" in diameter...You can see it coming.

Unless you have a monster bladder and a drive partner, (yep we have switched rivers while on teh road in the RV) But,

WTF? just make stops, Hell, that is where some of the best part of trips happen, especially for kids...They don't like being in a fuckin Box all day!

trust me, we make plenty of stops anyway, they just often don't coincide with the need for fuel or the availability of a suitable place to get fuel. elimintaing a couple of 20-30 minute fuel stops can either allow me to get farther in a day, or drive the same distance in fewer hours each day. with a multi-day 2600 mile round trip, this adds up.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

i plan on making a list of flying j locations along my route so i can plan to use them as much as possible.

FlyingJ

If you get a "J-Card" you get a penny per gallon of fuel purchased. Free for the asking, 50 Gallons gets you a free shower and a free cup of coffee too.

Other truckstops have similar loyalty programs but J's are the most RV friendly.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo