skymama

Do you tell your friend?

Which part are you asking me "why" about?

And I think that what I would do would depend a lot on the actual situation and people involved.

I don't believe it is situational - both parties should know what they are getting nto.

One party may be more trusting, or shy, or uninformed. I tend to try to protect my friends.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

both parties should know what they are getting nto.

Yes, they should. And some people (who I know anyway) can be trusted to do the right thing without my interference. Others, not so much, in which case I would say something.

Conversation goes
"So, Bill, does Betty know you've got the running goo crotch-rot? You know you really need to tell her before things go that far."
"Nah, man, I always wrap these day. It's not an issue"
"Sorry, bro. It is and issue and what I was really asking is are you telling her or am I?"
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Conversation goes
"So, Bill, does Betty know you've got the running goo crotch-rot? You know you really need to tell her before things go that far."
"Sorry, bro. It is and issue and what I was really asking is are you telling her or am I?"

That works too!

Conversation goes

That works too!

Question to friend: "So - how did you react when Freind #2 told you about that issues they have? I mean who would have thought they had it?"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Question to friend: "So - how did you react when Freind #2 told you about that issues they have? I mean who would have thought they had it?"

What if the "acquaintance/friend" (as written in the OP) is someone you see maybe once or twice a year, you don't know her last name, and you have no phone# for her? Do you ask Friend #2 for the person's phone# so that you can call her up and ask her this question about Friend #2's herpes? Oh, and add in there that Friend #2 is a close friend who has told you that he always informs women of the herpes before going to bed with them.

Good gracious, if people aren't willing to ask their partner whether they have any STDs before they start sleeping w/ them then they really shouldn't be having sex at all. I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody people wouldn't talk about this before being intimate.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

What if the "acquaintance/friend" (as written in the OP) is someone you see maybe once or twice a year, you don't know her last name, and you have no phone# for her? Do you ask Friend #2 for the person's phone# so that you can call her up and ask her this question about Friend #2's herpes? Oh, and add in there that Friend #2 is a close friend who has told you that he always informs women of the herpes before going to bed with them.

Friends, in my book, are more important than an aquaintance.

So you wouldn't tell the acquaintance about the friend's herpes? (Which is what the original question may have been asking, though the details are way too vague for a simple yes or no answer, which is why I think it depends on the actual situation.)

So you wouldn't tell the acquaintance about the friend's herpes? (Which is what the original question may have been asking, though the details are way too vague for a simple yes or no answer, which is why I think it depends on the actual situation.)

Ok - Fine! I'll agree with you on this one.

Good gracious, if people aren't willint to ask their partner whether they have any STDs before they start sleeping w/ them then they really shouldn't be having sex at all. I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would be reluctant about asking.

I think the point is that asking does not always mean you'll get the truth. But it's also not fair to assume that anyone with an STD is going to lie about it (and personally, if I felt that way about someone, I probably wouldn't be referring to them as a "friend" - I'd likely be referring to them as "this asshole that I know").

Good turtle. I won't have to get the whip out now. :P

Can I take that back?

do you tell friend #2 that you prefer mustard or ketchup on hot dogs?

YOU FREAKS, IF I WAS FRIEND #2, I'D TELL YOU IT'S NONE OF THE DAMN BUSINESS AND TO MIND YOURSELF BEFORE GETTING KICKED IN THE GROIN

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

glad that's settled

so,,,,does anyone else want to cook up some very specific instances or exceptions to try and use as refutation to anyone else's very general response to the scenario?

Sorry, but I rescinded my agreement and chose to accept the consequenses, whipever they will be.

Depends on what type of mustard or ketchup, as well as Friend #2's political leanings and shoe size.

And what is the best way to whip a turtle? Seeing as they have that protective shell and all.

And what is the best way to whip a turtle? Seeing as they have that protective shell and all.

SOMEONE come up with a freakin answer already!>:(

SOMEONE come up with a freakin answer already!>:(

I tried doing a search, but all I got was a recipe for Cool Whip Turtle Pumpkin Pie. Looks kinda tasty though.

Depends on what type of mustard or ketchup, as well as Friend #2's political leanings and shoe size.

I had this great random example involving friend 1 being some evil scientist with a herpes based super plague and friend 2 being an innocent that was only attracted to fish and well, you know the rest.....

, and went to reply to it with this answer, and hit "edit' instead of reply and totally erased the whole example

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I had this great random example involving friend 1 being some evil scientist with a herpes based super plague and friend 2 being an innocent that was only attracted to fish and well, you know the rest.....

, and went to reply to it with this answer, and hit "edit' instead of reply and totally erased the whole example

Then you admitted it!:ph34r:

Which part are you asking me "why" about?

And I think that what I would do would depend a lot on the actual situation and people involved.

I don't believe it is situational - both parties should know what they are getting nto.

One party may be more trusting, or shy, or uninformed. I tend to try to protect interfere uninvited with my friends.

fixed it for ya.

I trust my friends to be honest and adult in their sexual relationships.
They all made it to being fully grown and generally mature adult without, interference from me.
I may just have a different calibre of friends to you.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Or...you may not be the friend your friends can count on

you're absolutely right i am not the friend they can count on to interfere in their private lives.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Or...you may not be the friend your friends can count on

you're absolutely right i am not the friend they can count on to interfere in their private lives.

But we CAN count on you to show us the lofty altitudes your ego flies at.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706