skymama

Do you tell your friend?

I had a buddy back in Mo. that looked like the Marboro man, that got got laid more than a male prostitute..

he got Herpies, an dht efucker still wouldn;t tell women, (I did every chance I got, he never once got mad at me for it, Maybe because I built his bike, and He also knew I could kick his ass )

The fucker gave Herpies to one of my best female friends, and he was her first lover....She has had to deal with this for over 40 years now...He died back in 81, Unrelated problem!

If I have the knowledge, I will tell anypne likely to sleep with the person! FUCK their privacy!

Looking at the numbers in the pole, I have a feeling there are 20 people(so far) that voted, that probably have herpies

(the mind your own business crowd) This IS everyone's business!

No it's not.
how the fuck do you know what the other 2 people have or have not discussed. Private lives are meant to be PRIVATE.
If someone is going about spreading STIs intentionally that's a different matter.
In the course of a relationship, what those 2 people do is NO ONES business but theirs.

You all need to pull your collective heads out of your arses and mind your own damned shit.

and no to all the smart arse wankers I don't have and never have had an STI
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Looking at the numbers in the pole, I have a feeling there are 20 people(so far) that voted, that probably have herpies

No it's not.
how the fuck do you know what the other 2 people have or have not discussed. Private lives are meant to be PRIVATE.
If someone is going about spreading STIs intentionally that's a different matter.
In the course of a relationship, what those 2 people do is NO ONES business but theirs.

You all need to pull your collective heads out of your arses and mind your own damned shit.

I disagree..

and here they are called "Asses"

You seem to Value one frined over another, following your logic, the Deseased friend has more rights than the healthy friend?

If you are camping, and your friend unknowingly stands too close to the fire, do you not tell them?, or do you wait till they get burnt, then let them know you saw it coming?

Would you let a friend buy and jump a known to be worn out parachute?

IF it is "Your Friend" It is damn well your business to warn them! PERIOD!

No it's not.
If someone is going about spreading STIs intentionally that's a different matter. In the course of a relationship, what those 2 people do is NO ONES business but theirs.

regardless of your post, if I had a women friend that had herpes and I knew you planned to do her, I'd tell you

and you would thank me for it, don't tell me you wouldn't
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

No it's not.

regardless of your post, if I had a women friend that had herpes and I knew you planned to do her, I'd tell you

if i was having sex with your woman friend, I can 100% guarantee you the STI conversation has occurred, before you stick your nose in our business. I don’t do one nighters.
And given I don’t know you from Adam I would be less inclined to thank you and more inclined to say STFU and MYOB.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I voted it is not my business to inform others. I have never had any STDS and hope I don't ever get one.

If you know the guy or girl has been with someone who is always sleeping around with a variety of sexual partners then the chances are they have had or have an STD.

Choose your sexual partners with caution. Your life/health depends on it.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

So, you found out an acquaintance/friend is shacking up with someone you know has herpes. You'll also friends with the infected person and don't want to piss them off by telling their business. Do you tell your friend the risk or do you just stay out of it and hope that the infected person tells the truth?

It's already been 30 years, but yeah, I did. Considering something like 30% of all sexually active adults have it, people just need to grow up and practice safer sex. I told my neighbor, when I saw she was dating some shitbag guy I knew, who had already told me he had it. I didn't want her to get it. So sue me.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I told my neighbor, when I saw she was dating some shitbag guy I knew, who had already told me he had it. I didn't want her to get it. So sue me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with telling if it's "some shitbag guy" who wouldn't have volunteered the information to her.

No it's not.

if i was having sex with your woman friend, I can 100% guarantee you the STI conversation has occurred, before you stick your nose in our business. I don’t do one nighters.

And people do lie.

And given I don’t know you from Adam I would be less inclined to thank you and more inclined to say STFU and MYOB.

I think you missed the point, Squeak. Bills reply was in response to the OP's post about knowing BOTH parties. So, saying you don't know him from Adam isn't sticking to the original story and, IMO, makes you look like an arse.

Keeping it to the OP's original post, even if you knew, his telling you would probably illicit a thanks. Maybe a "thanks, yeah, I know" or a "thanks, I had no idea".

For the sake of the poll, and to keep this on track, I'd tell. But I like my friends. So sue me for being a tattle tale.
'Shell

No it's not.

And people do lie.

I think you missed the point, Squeak. Bills reply was in response to the OP's post about knowing BOTH parties. So, saying you don't know him from Adam isn't sticking to the original story and, IMO, makes you look like an arse.

Keeping it to the OP's original post, even if you knew, his telling you would probably illicit a thanks. Maybe a "thanks, yeah, I know" or a "thanks, I had no idea".

For the sake of the poll, and to keep this on track, I'd tell. But I like my friends. So sue me for being a tattle tale.

I didnt read Biulls post like that at all.
and I'm perfectly Ok with being thought an Arse. by those who dont know me.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

and I'm perfectly Ok with being though an Arse. by those who dont know me.

So if you knew a friend of yours had an STD and knew they were hooking up with another friend of yours, you wouldn't give your friend a heads up? Either directly or indirectly?

Not everyone is as forthcoming with information, like you may be.

Wouldn't you agree that friends look out for friends?
'Shell

Guy or girl?

A LOT of people have HSV-1, the oral form of herpes. By the time adults are 50 years old, about 60% of them have it. Cold sores on your mouth - a bit painful, but do not reduce one's lifespan. Most people don't care - do you rat on your friends if they have cold sores?

HSV-2. For a guy, it sucks, but it's not going to reduce your lifespan. You'll have to wear protection for the rest of your life, unless you can find a partner with the same condition, but you should have been doing that anyway. For a girl, it's different. If she has a baby, she is going to be required to have a cesarean section by the delivering doctor, regardless of how often she is outbreaking. That's a significant health risk, increasing the chances of death by four times, and it removes any possibility of choice for a woman's delivery.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

and I'm perfectly Ok with being though an Arse. by those who dont know me.

So if you knew a friend of yours had an STD and knew they were hooking up with another friend of yours, you wouldn't give your friend a heads up? Either directly or indirectly?

Not everyone is as forthcoming with information, like you may be.

Wouldn't you agree that friends look out for friends?
Nope it's none of my damned beeswax. and it might just teach said friend to TAKE PRECAUTIONS when skanking about.
BTW all my Skanky friends do take precautions:P

But regardless, if they are both friends and they are hooking up i expect them to be adult about it. and I'll be adult and leave them to thier own PRIVATE lives
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hey Squeak - I disagree, but respect your right to have your personal opinion.

Easy enough - If I was single and your friend. Two hypotheticals then -

1 - I'll respect your personal boundaries stay out of it if you get into that situation. You're a big boy.

2 - Please tell me what you know if I ever get into that same situation. But only because I'm letting you know now. It's what I'd expect from a friend.

in this situation, the only way to respect each other's beliefs is to agree ahead of time - just in case

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It likely depends on my level of friendship with both people -

if the giver is a very close friend and i barely know the givee, I'd probably tell the giver to mention it.

If both are equal friends - I tell the giver to say something but with a deadline, after which I tell.

If the giver is merely an acquaitance and the givee is a close friend, I tell right away.

No it's not.

Although not Shakespear per say . . .

Methinks thou dost protest too much.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

2 - Please tell me what you know if I ever get into that same situation.

I think that the problem is that the "situation" we're discussing is rather vague. Some of us are assuming that it's two responsible adults we're talking about, and others are assuming that the person with herpes is some total asshole who is going around infecting people without warning. But I don't think the actual situation has been established. And I think that what I would do would depend a lot on the actual situation and people involved.

I think that the problem is that the "situation" we're discussing is rather vague. Some of us are assuming that it's two responsible adults we're talking about, and others are assuming that the person with herpes is some total asshole who is going around infecting people without warning. But I don't think the actual situation has been established. And I think that what I would do would depend a lot on the actual situation and people involved.

Why?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That's way too nuanced for me.

this hypothetical girl with herpes might be the most forthright and wonderful friend in the world. I would still be grateful if someone gave me the heads up.

A good friend would still let you know.

"Thanks a lot, she already told me" isn't the end of the world.

"holy crap, she didn't say a thing, I'll ask her before it goes to the next level" really sucks, but isn't the end of the world.

but "OMG, she didn't say anything, I have to get to the doctor asap" pretty much sucks in anyone's world.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

One of my closest friends has herpes. We have talked about her telling guys about this before having sex (in the past; she has now been married for a while). If she started to date one of my other friends, I would trust her to tell him about it. I might ask her if they've had the conversation, but I would feel totally out of line to just go to him and tell him, when I have no reason to think she would be dishonest about it. It certainly wouldn't look too good on her part that one of her best friends trusts her so little.