JACKO

How do you feel about the sober skydiver?

Holy old thread batman!

Yeah...you were what, 6 when the thread started?! :P

I was in high school, ya old fart...

:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

hehe, I was in middle school...... :S

If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

Holy old thread batman!

You can tell how old it is by the fact that someone was able to post (on the first page) without being logged in! :o

Yeah, the way the forums worked was a little more lax than it is now. Did you see AggieDave's post saying he's 20 years old? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have brought up the idea of dry evening at the DZ.
You know maybe a Wednesday? Ice cream and sodas?
I'm OK with drinking but I know many who aren't and I respect them and wish them to be comfortable.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's great to have non-drinking skydivers. Just means there is a designated driver available for beer runs.

B-double E double R U-N beer run

all we need is a ten and five-er,
a car and key and a sober driver.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

>How do you all feel about the sober guy at the DZ?

For most people at my DZ it's just not an issue. People hang out in the bar (which is on the DZ) or by the packing tables or outside on the patio. Some drink soda, some drink O'Douls, some drink beer. The drunks can be annoying, but most are pretty benign.

This is in stark contrast to the first DZ I jumped at, where people would sometimes pray for rain so they could start drinking. So it varies a _lot._

Not to bring this back on topic but...:P

I skydive, I'm Russian, and I barely drink. So usually, I get 2x the bs from people due to my lack of drinking. "Oh you're Russian you should be able to drink all of us under the table" never gets old. :D

I'm an Aussie, and get the same thing when i travel.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not to bring this back on topic but...:P

I skydive, I'm Russian, and I barely drink. So usually, I get 2x the bs from people due to my lack of drinking. "Oh you're Russian you should be able to drink all of us under the table" never gets old. :D

I'm an Aussie, and get the same thing when i travel.

I bet together, we can drink more O'Douls then anyone else! :D:ph34r:

Yes, in general, sober people are more interesting than drunk people. It takes no special skill to open up your mouth and pour booze down it, so if that's your hobby then good on ya, but not impressed.

We live in a society that is brainwashed to think that drinking alcohol is cool, so I'm much more impressed by those who buck the trend. It's a stupid dangerous drug, just like all of the illegal drugs that we proudly forego.