LisaH

Camera memory card question

If it goes through the washer and dryer, are there still pictures on it?? Does it still work??

I borrowed it from someone to grab a few pics but it doesn't fit into my computer.

It was in my pants pocket. I feel terrible. :(
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I have washed and dried a thumb drive multiple times and it still works fine. I am pretty sure that a memory card will work as well. Give it a few days to make sure it is very dry inside. As long as no electricity passes through it while it is wet, you should be good to go.
tagline..... what's a tagline?

lisa they sell adapters for fairly cheap...couple of bucks just get and adapter that fits the card to usb or whatever card reader you have....

and i have had some memory cards work after being wet and i have had some not work after being wet....the sony memory sticks do not like water...the sd's hit and miss

hit it up with a hair dryer and get an adapter you'll know right away

oh hey dont roast it with the blow dryer go easy....:D

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

oh hey dont roast it with the blow dryer go easy....

I don't own a blow dryer. :P:D

yeah me either i have one in the tool box for heat shrink and tubing that fucker will peel your scalp off if you tried to tune up your fro with it though
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

So... uhh...

What kinda pics are they? You seem to be pretty worried about them. ;)

Funny note: Even if you delete the pictures off a memory card, I can recover them pretty quickly... Makes for good times when I get a used memory card with my camera, or someone gives me one because they upgraded. :)

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

So... uhh...

What kinda pics are they? You seem to be pretty worried about them. ;)

Funny note: Even if you delete the pictures off a memory card, I can recover them pretty quickly... Makes for good times when I get a used memory card with my camera, or someone gives me one because they upgraded. :)

I wanted my last jump pics. But there are also her son's birthday party pics on there. :(
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

If a cell phone gets wet, I think you're supposed to put it in a bag of rice to help it dry out. Maybe try that?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If a cell phone gets wet, I think you're supposed to put it in a bag of rice to help it dry out. Maybe try that?

I have never heard that and I have had plenty of water mishaps with phones in the past.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Yes, putting phones in DRY and UNCOOKED rice, sealed in a bag and put somewhere warm will allow the water to be absorbed by the rice.

The pain in the ass part is if the water was contaminated, because then you have to flush the phone with mineral water (sometimes a few times) to get all of the scum out before you try to fire it back up, or you could let the magic smoke out.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Yes, putting phones in DRY and UNCOOKED rice, sealed in a bag and put somewhere warm will allow the water to be absorbed by the rice.

The pain in the ass part is if the water was contaminated, because then you have to flush the phone with mineral water (sometimes a few times) to get all of the scum out before you try to fire it back up, or you could let the magic smoke out.

The little packs of silica gel you get with electronics and such work better than rice. They are specifically designed as dessicants. You need to put the silica gel in the oven at very low heat for an hour or so to dry them out before you will get much result from them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The little packs of silica gel you get with electronics and such work better than rice. They are specifically designed as dessicants. You need to put the silica gel in the oven at very low heat for an hour or so to dry them out before you will get much result from them.

You are correct, but MOST people have way more rice than silica gel packs in their houses. ;)