Nataly

How many Facebook friends do you have?

558 ... and yes, I've actually met 99.99% of those people. I deleted about 200 of those "I'm friending you because you're a skydiver, or because I think you're hot" people a couple of months ago ...

O

Yeah, I noticed you deleted me B|:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

558 ... and yes, I've actually met 99.99% of those people. I deleted about 200 of those "I'm friending you because you're a skydiver, or because I think you're hot" people a couple of months ago ...

O

Holy CRAP!! I don't even think I know that many people!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I am just not looking to collect "friends" ... even if we met, but never say "hi" or interact in any way, it tells me you don't care to be my friend ... and I don't see a point. Though, I'm starting to see the flaw in this (my) thinking - I often have friends tell me: "I see you did this and that" ... "Glad to see your dog is getting better" ... "How was Z-hills?".

Just like here ... there are a lot of "lurkers" on Facebook :D ...

O

68 for me..

Can I be 69?

I *knew* someone would say something like that :D:D

Edit: I really do have 68, though
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

68 for me..

Depends who you count...

Would you count duplicates (friends with the same person but multiple facebook accounts)?

Friends with yourself (multiple facebook accounts)?

Friends with an organization (eg a drop zone, etc)?

People who haven't confirmed my friend request?

People who friended me but I haven't confirmed?

People who are deceased (eg died in 1998 but their real-life friends created a FB account for them in a creepy attempt to pretend they are still alive)?

People who are deceased (recent BASE fatality)?

My official friend total is 151 but if you remove all of the above questionable categories it is probably about 140.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I deleted about 200 of those "I'm friending you because you're a skydiver, or because I think you're hot" people a couple of months ago ...

Thanks for the heads up. I don't believe we've ever met but I DID think of friending you on FB because you're a skydiver or because I think you're hot (no need for me to specify which category is there :) .
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

466, but I use it as a networking tool and to keep track of social events in my area (San Fran). Of those who I actually see post items or who can see what I post, I'd guess maybe 150, of which at least 100 are skydivers.

Funny that someone I've never met from the skydiving world I'll have "60 friends in common" with, but someone I've known all of my life I'll have 15 or so. :P

I deleted about 200 of those "I'm friending you because you're a skydiver, or because I think you're hot" people a couple of months ago ...

Thanks for the heads up. I don't believe we've ever met but I DID think of friending you on FB because you're a skydiver or because I think you're hot (no need for me to specify which category is there :) .

Yeah.. I have on occasion accepted a friend request and then thought "hang on a minute.. I don't really know this person" and subsequently removed them..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

When I was on Facebook, I had in excess of 400 at one time. But those that I'd actually met? Probably not even half of them. I went through several purges, then later decided that it was too much to keep up with and quit.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ive probably got 300 or so. Id say about 90% of them ive met. Some i havent and met randomly on forums and such and some others i met while traveling and its really the only way to cheaply keep in touch, texting and calling foreign countries gets EXPENSIVE fast so instead of loosing a friendship to a cool person ive got them on my facebook. And since i seem to move every other year almost its an easy way to just keep track of people i know altogether.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I have 157 friends, 40 who i have not meet in person. Some are SO of people i do know and talk to regularly. I have to say maybe 30 are people who i know from this site. I do try to pop in and say hello to everyone on my friend list. I don't accept people I don't know or have never chatted back and forth with.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Oh! I forgot ive got alot of friendships with bands i like as well. Much easier to watch for updates/new albums/ shows on one spot than have to look at 40 different pages. And alot of them are underground and/or local venue players only so yeah....basically my facebook page is 70% real friendships and 30% networking.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I got facebook cause when I started backpacking all these people from other countries seemed to have it and I wanted to keep in touch.

Then everyone I never wanted to talk to again found me!!! It's an awful place, but I'm chained to it now.

Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

102 for me, but I actually know atleast 90% of them in person, and have plans to meet most the other ones at some point or another.

Theres one, keeps tellin me she makes a mean sammich... but I gotta get a job in Florida to have an excuse to swing by.;)

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

207. High school classmates (graduating class of 120 and we all knew each other), family, hang glider buddies, sky diving buddies, a few friends of the family or friends of my kids. I know them all. Nobody gets added without a connection.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.