iluvtofly

This is insane...

So I started my new job yesterday :):o:o Never in my life have I been told at work to just sit around and do nothing while I wait for the work to arrive. I LOVE IT!!! And yes, facebook might be blocked but they obviously haven't learned about this little gem yet. B|

Be careful, my daughter was told that at a job once and then they used that as a partial reason for why they fired her. I guess "too much time on the internet" is relative to who is saying it.
I don't know what your position is, but see if you can find something to do. Clean areas up, make the coffee, make sure the copier is full of paper, just make yourself look busy so you're indispensable!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks for the warning. But something tells me the people here are not like that. I see at least 2 people on ebay and others surfing msn.com and such. The people here are beyond caring. Just a year ago everyone in the company (even the CEO's and higher ups) took a 5% pay cut so that they wouldn't have to fire anyone. (That really tells you something about the people you're working with/for.)

Fortunately two people from my DZ already work here so I was able to get honest opinions about what it's like to work here. Yes, I'm sure this job is going to have it's downfalls, all jobs do. But I'm just excited to finally be doing something with my degree and to be working somewhere that has serious potential for advancement. :))

I don't know what your position is, but see if you can find something to do.

Or someone to do! Start flirting with your boss if its a female! or male, if you're into that sort of thing
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Just a year ago everyone in the company (even the CEO's and higher ups) took a 5% pay cut so that they wouldn't have to fire anyone. (That really tells you something about the people you're working with/for.)

I'm not so sure it says the same thing to you as it does to me.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Just a year ago everyone in the company (even the CEO's and higher ups) took a 5% pay cut so that they wouldn't have to fire anyone. (That really tells you something about the people you're working with/for.)

I'm not so sure it says the same thing to you as it does to me.

Let me explain a bit more. They took a poll in the company to see which people would prefer. Take a 5% pay cut or lay off some people. The vote was unanimous to take the pay cut.

Be careful, my daughter was told that at a job once and then they used that as a partial reason for why they fired her. I guess "too much time on the internet" is relative to who is saying it.
I don't know what your position is, but see if you can find something to do. Clean areas up, make the coffee, make sure the copier is full of paper, just make yourself look busy so you're indispensable!

Skymama has an adult daughter? Pictures, please? heh heh heh.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Skymama has an adult daughter?

She'll hate me for this. On the other hand, she doesn't like going to the dropzone so no one has a chance at hitting on her. :ph34r:

Sorry for the thread drift, Cyndi!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

She'll hate me for this. On the other hand, she doesn't like going to the dropzone so no one has a chance at hitting on her. :ph34r:

It wouldn't be the bonfire if threads didn't drift off topic. :P

Please tell your daughter, "How you doin'?". :)You want me to PM my bio? :D
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

It's good advice. Even if it's a casual office atmosphere, you want to be the one who stands out (in a good way) if cuts ever DO have to be made. It's a good attitude to foster and it will serve you well--not just here, but other places, too.

Glad you're excited about your new job! It makes all the difference if you like your work and the people you're working with!
TPM Sister #102

Wow... She definitely got your awesome ear-to-ear smile. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban