shropshire

Drive like a wanker? ..... watch this

I found it really hard to watch 'till the end of the video, but thanks for posting this.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Yeap - tough to watch aye? .. but if it works on just a small hand full of folks......

Agree 100%.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

It is a touch too long.... the impact [sic] could be achieved in a shorter version.

That and it's overly melodramatic - the accidents are bad enough for the shock-factor and they just go a little bit too far so that in some moments the drama overshadows the event. Still, makes you think.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

That and it's overly melodramatic - the accidents are bad enough for the shock-factor and they just go a little bit too far so that in some moments the drama overshadows the event. Still, makes you think.

The shock-factor doesn't work. Most might, at most, say oh shit when we see someone get plowed over on World's Scariest Crashes or Most Shocking [event here] tv show. The drama added value to this video.

The shock-factor doesn't work. Most might, at most, say oh shit when we see someone get plowed over on World's Scariest Crashes or Most Shocking [event here] tv show. The drama added value to this video.

I agree, except that in *some* parts it was a bit too much. I think the video is actually an amalgamation of many TV "drive safe" ads. Some are excellent; some a bit ott. But overall, I think it's pretty effective.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Repost. But a worthwhile one. Should be reposted every once in a while.

There are a couple of idiots who think they have minimized their risks to go fast in recent threads... They need to watch this.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This was a very powerful video with a mixture of real accidents and obviously staged ones for effect. I was tempted to stop it part way through. But I said, "no" and finished watching it.

Shit like this can happen to anyone of us at any time. None of us are immune. Don't drive like a maniac on the public roads and wear your seat belts!!! If you do want to drive fast, come join as at your local race track where at least innocent people's lives will not be put on the line.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

This was a very powerful video with a mixture of real accidents and obviously staged ones for effect. I was tempted to stop it part way through. But I said, "no" and finished watching it.

Shit like this can happen to anyone of us at any time. None of us are immune. Don't drive like a maniac on the public roads and wear your seat belts!!! If you do want to drive fast, come join as at your local race track where at least innocent people's lives will not be put on the line.

QFT

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So sue me[:/]

Move to the US, I'm sure I could find SOMETHING to sue you for.[:/]
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message