iluvtofly

Staying awake at work....

Get up... move around... and if you can, find a co-worker to give ya head. I've yet to hear of anyone who actually fell asleep while receiving.

Now you have. I was really, really drunk though. More like passed out then feel asleep, but either way I was snoring. :D:D
Dom

My job involves flying a large airplane for long periods of time, so nodding off is a really bad idea! When I start to get a little bit snoozy, I hand the aircraft over to the other pilot, get out of my seat, chug a diet pepsi, and go do push ups in the back of the plane until I can't do any more. It always works. :)

The best things in life are dangerous.

I occasionally catch myself doing the head bob. What are your tricks for staying awake at work?

Take a look at your paycheck.
Take a look at what unemployment pays.

If that doesn't motivate you to wake up and work, then maybe you should just quit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>I occasionally catch myself doing the head bob.

Stand up and work that way. Walk around. If you are sitting somewhere and can't get up, hold your breath for as long as possible; that generally gets some adrenaline released and it will keep you awake for a few minutes.

I am now on the hunt for rubber bands.

Here is another trick you can do with rubber bands. Put one on your wrist and anytime you feel your head start to nod just snap the band. I did this in college and still do it at work sometimes for long meetings. No one realizes I am doing it to stay awake, I guess they just think its part of my ADD or something. (I always fidget anyway.)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I also recommend playing on dz.com with all the people who post when they are suppose to be working. Oh, wait you are doing that....:P

Pot? Is that you?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It's a little late to answer you now, but.... the 5-hour Energy shot rocks. I don't like most other energy drinks, and caffeine doesn't do too much for me, but there is something about this little drink that just works - not sure which ingredient it is. No jitters or anything, but I usually just drink half of one at a time.

Also, I find that eating nuts or a PB sandwich with OJ is a good energy boost.

But if I'm doing the head bob thing... I go for the 5-hour Energy (well, I guess it's 2.5-hour Energy since I only drink half ;-).

Hopefully, your place has a clinic of some sort.

For those "late-night blues" days, I'd go to the clinic and complain of a severe headache. They'd give me a cold compress and tell me to lie down for a while.

Bingo! And the boss can't complain!

They were even courteous enough to wake me at quittin' time.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

As a 3rd shift Dispatcher, stress keeps me awake and Excedrine Migraine X's 3 for the occasional boost.
Drinking lots of cold water helps as well.