iluvtofly

Staying awake at work....

So I stayed out a little too late last night. (It was a going away party for a friend leaving today for grad school.) I'm sitting at my desk today realizing there isn't enough caffine in the world to wake me up. I occasionally catch myself doing the head bob. What are your tricks for staying awake at work?

Get up... move around... and if you can, find a co-worker to give ya head. I've yet to hear of anyone who actually fell asleep while receiving. And before ya say it, passing out drunk is not falling asleep. :P

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

So I stayed out a little too late last night. (It was a going away party for a friend leaving today for grad school.) I'm sitting at my desk today realizing there isn't enough caffeine in the world to wake me up. I occasionally catch myself doing the head bob. What are your tricks for staying awake at work?

I can tell you how to stay awake at work...

Go to bed at a reasonable hour....:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Chew gum or candy (chewy candy like starbursts or jollly rogers).

Really.

Don't ask me why or how, but having your jaw working up and down keeps you awake.

[insert perverted comment here]
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

So I stayed out a little too late last night. (It was a going away party for a friend leaving today for grad school.) I'm sitting at my desk today realizing there isn't enough caffeine in the world to wake me up. I occasionally catch myself doing the head bob. What are your tricks for staying awake at work?

I can tell you how to stay awake at work...

Go to bed at a reasonable hour....:P

I had every intention of leaving at a decent hour. But when people kept buying pitchers of beer for everyone it got hard to leave. Who am I to say no to free beer? :D

Get up... move around... and if you can, find a co-worker to give ya head. I've yet to hear of anyone who actually fell asleep while receiving. And before ya say it, passing out drunk is not falling asleep. :P

I've done 1 and 2...still working on number 3. ;)

I thought of something...

Get a few rubber bands..

Now, Find a spot on the ceiling above a coworker and shoot the the rubber band at the ceiling...

Coworker will blame the person closest to him/her for shooting a rubber band at them and you will laugh...

Laughing will keep you awake...;)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

...doing the head bob...?

Aw Jeez, c'mon, I'm trying to be a nice guy here! But when you leave comments like that around, someone is bound to drag them into the gutter.

As in: so, if you're falling asleep while doing THAT, you need to spice up your sex life.

Or: If you're doing THAT at work, well, where the hell do you work?

Elvisio "and the list goes on" Rodriguez

...doing the head bob...?

Aw Jeez, c'mon, I'm trying to be a nice guy here! But when you leave comments like that around, someone is bound to drag them into the gutter.

As in: so, if you're falling asleep while doing THAT, you need to spice up your sex life.

Or: If you're doing THAT at work, well, where the hell do you work?

Elvisio "and the list goes on" Rodriguez

Since when are you a nice guy? :P

Get a few rubber bands..

Now, Find a spot on the ceiling above a coworker and shoot the the rubber band at the ceiling...

Coworker will blame the person closest to him/her for shooting a rubber band at them and you will laugh...

I am now on the hunt for rubber bands.

just go with something you KNOW will keep you awake. Yes children thats right...crack cocaine. Suddenly no matter how sleepy you are...wham! you'll be doubling your worload in no time.

Ever get that 2:30 feeling? try crack cocaine

OR JUST DO WHAT I DO AND GO TO THE CORNER STORE AND GET SOME 5 HOUR ENERGY.

Not that I do it, but I bet smacking yourself in the face a few times would work. Try it and let us know. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I also recommend playing on dz.com with all the people who post when they are suppose to be working. Oh, wait you are doing that....:P

Another suggestion is to drink a ton of water so you have to get up to pee every five minutes.

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Not that I do it, but I bet smacking yourself in the face a few times would work. Try it and let us know. :)

:P

I have done that when driving long distances. It really doesnt work....[/:P]

I think she should make animal sounds to keep her awake and to amuse the coworkers. :D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Nice try.

Fine. :P

I'm going with getting up and moving around then. I often do lunges, sit-ups, wall push-ups and squats at work. Sometimes I even do it when I'm wearing a skirt, but I make sure I'm alone in the office at those times. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Nice try.

I'm going with getting up and moving around then. I often do lunges, sit-ups, wall push-ups and squats at work. Sometimes I even do it when I'm wearing a skirt, but I make sure I'm alone in the office at those times. :ph34r:

Always do what skymama says. :D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Nice try.

I just walked around the building a little help wake me up. Now it's time to get up and get another cup of coffee.

Go to the union office on your break, turn down the lights, and do some deep-breathing meditation with your eyes closed. Thirty minutes of this should refresh you very much. :)
Either that or fake sick and go home.:P

Is that what you call the bathroom...:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Get a few rubber bands..

I am now on the hunt for rubber bands.

We did this so often at my old job that when they remodeled the construction guy asked what the deal was with the rubber bands everywhere.